Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Making of Legends

General Discussion

a part of “The Making of Legends”, a fictional universe by LostRiver.

An ancient prophecy told of a great Darkness that would be woken. Now that prophecy is coming true, and the only thing that can stop the impending Darkness is a group of six new trainers.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Making of Legends”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

General Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LostRiver on Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:09 pm

Talk Amongst Yourselves
Here is where we can discuss the route the journey will take, what we are going to do about a character that dropped out, and just general discussion so we can get to know each other! I know I put a lot of work into this RP and it might seem intimidating, but I still want it to be fun!

This area is not for reservations! The “Reservations” thread is! Duh!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LostRiver
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: General Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LostRiver on Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:32 pm

Yay! All done! Feel free to post here and to reserve. ^^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LostRiver
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Renmiri on Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:44 pm

Just a quick question for things and things, how are the villian-y forces going to be managed for the plot? Or will it mostly just be you (River), and us playing it by ear? Just wonderin'.

In other news, how was everyone's new year? Mine was fairly uneventful. c:

(Also, I'll be working on my character today on my relatively short flight to Taipei. It will be done. Definitely. )
Last edited by Renmiri on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Renmiri
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LostRiver on Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:20 pm

That's a good question! So what I was thinking was that I might play the the "villian-y forces" (so to speak) at the beginning of the RP. Ya know, I'll just write a bit for the big bad boss and just say generally what the team is doing at the time. Then, as the Six begin to travel closer to the island and maybe meet a member or group of members of Team Nightfall, they will become NPCs for any and everyone to play.

OR maybe once the characters are in, I'll ask if two or three people maybe want to play as Team Nightfall. You probably would not make a character, but when I post as the boss of Team Nightfall, the two or three others would post as the members of the team (which they would obviously be able to play multiple parts in).

Those are only two ideas off the top of my head, but if you have another idea feel free to let me know!

Anyways, my New Years Eve was pretty good. Went to a party at a high school friend's house. Not much else. I'm glad to hear that you had an uneventful one (considering that the eventful ones I heard about did not end well). Haha!

LostRiver
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PersonaU on Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:56 am

I......finally....finished!!! 5 hours!!!!! WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????

Drama over. Anway, YES! Felix is done! I hope you like him!

PersonaU
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The5thHorseman on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:24 am

It took me about two hours but Yoru is finally done
Pain would hurt more if it was felt less

The5thHorseman
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starlight77 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:07 pm

Heeeeyyy y'all.

Well, just a fair warning I'm sending.

If any of you live in the New England/Massachusetts area, then you know what I'm talking about. We have a national weather warning. Massive snow. They say up the 14 inches. Well, I must have the worst power providers or something because whenever one of these storms rolls around, we always lose power.

Its annoying as all hell, but there's nothing I can do about it...

I'm almost done with my charrie, I've just got the history to fill out and I'm done.

Well, Star out for now. Talk to y'all later.

Hehe... sorry, I just love this gif...
"Music speaks only to those who wish to hear it."

Starlight77
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PersonaU on Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:32 pm

I am from San Diego......What is this thing you call Snow? Or Bad Weather? Ive never heard of such things.

;D

I like this one, yours is hilarious as well.

RIVER!!! RIVER!!!!!!!

RIIIIIIVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

PersonaU
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LostRiver on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:28 pm

@Starlight: I feel ya. I'm back in NY and we're already in for quite a bit. I came back to school a bit earlier than everyone and I regret it. Haha! I'm from Honolulu so... I'm not so used to the cold... xD I'm afraid to admit that I love that gif too.

@Persona: I feel ya there. First time I was actually in the snow I nearly cried. Hahah!

Hey there guys! My internet was down for a bit... yet again (this happens a lot when I'm at school). So I was on my phone for a while. But now I'm finally back on my computer and I can post in the OOC again! Huzzah!

Anyway, I'm looking through the CS's that have already been sent in and I'm going to be sending another round of messages to most of you that have sent in a character.

However, I'd just like to say some things before I do that and I'm really not sure how to say this without sounding like a complete jerk... So, here goes nothing. I absolutely do not want to discourage anyone from joining. I know that this is an RP based on Pokemon, of all things; however, one thing I must say is that this is is a literate RP. I tagged it like that and I put it as the 7th rule... Although it's become apparent to me that no one reads the rules anymore (I'll get to that in a second). I'm not asking for full essays for the history or personality of your character. As you can see, the personality of my own character is only the length of a couple of paragraph when you put it all together. But please, if you do not feel up for elaborating a bit on your character, then this may not be the RP from you. This may not be the case for some GMs, but for me, your CS is a reflection of your writing. Again, I know I sound like a jerk and a snob (look, I'm not a novelist either) but please, if you don't think you'll be able to write at least two paragraphs (and a paragraph does not mean one or two sentences...) per post OR if you know that you won't be able to handle a literate RP, then please do not make me have to feel like a cold-hearted person by removing your character. :\ I really hate doing that. I want people to realize it themselves and not walk away feeling like they're a horrible writer.

Another thing that I'm going to address is the fact that there are a few people that have just blatantly not read the rules. I know that there are a lot of them. I actually tried to take quite a few of them out when I was typing the introduction up because I realized how long the rules section was getting. So all I ask is that you at least skim the rules. Maybe read the first sentence of every rule. That's probably all you have to do -I say probably because if a rule is longer than the others it probably means that it has a bit more information in it. Then, if you have a question you can go back to that rule and you read the whole thing.

I'm just getting a bit angry that there are some of you that clearly did not even look at the rules (and for some it's clear that you didn't even read through the intro). I mean I understand skipping over the rules when they don't have a "password" that you need to know, but the intro? Seriously? You just saw this RP and decided to reserve a character? That's just not nice to me or other players that are excited for this to be a good RP. I'm sorry... I really needed to get that off of my chest because that just irks me so much. I put quite a bit of time and work into this RP and I will not accept a character if you didn't read the frickin' INTRO.

I'm rereading what I just typed and I sound like such a hard-ass, mean GM, but I don't mean or want to be. And I really don't want to scare anyone off. It's just that I put a lot of work into this and I've even got some plans for where I want the story to head in the future. I've taken too much time on this to accept people that are not going to give some effort back. And I understand, real life comes first (mine does as well), so I'm not asking you to devote every ounce of your effort and fiber of your being to this silly Pokemon RP, but please, I'd really appreciate if effort would be put into this by everyone in this RP. Again, this does not apply to everyone that submitted characters and I don't want anyone to feel singled out. It's only some (and I've gotten at least 2 or 3 characters from people I've never seen before that didn't even create trainers... o_O Like... Wut.) and I will let you all know much more privately what I'm talking about via message. Just please, don't take it personally and don't feel bad if you don't think that you can do what I'm asking.

I hate yelling at people because I want this to be fun, but I'd appreciate it if you'd just all look over the intro and the rules. Remember: all you pretty much have to read is the first sentence of the rule! I counted and there are something around 32 rules. That's 32 sentences (maybe some extra for certain rules). If you're not going to read 32 sentences, then... I don't even know... Even if you are one of the people that didn't read the rules, I'm really not angry (I was a little annoyed before, but not mad). And I'm not going to kick you out of the RP or hold a grudge if you stay in the RP. Its just that I really need to see a little bit of effort. If you can understand what I'm trying to say...? Trust me, I'm not angry! ^-^ You're all lovely people!

*Goes to sit in a corner because she feels bad about acting angry at all the nice people* ;-;

LostRiver
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LostRiver on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:32 pm

Omg I sound like such a jerk in that post! ;-; I'm so sorry... but it needed to be said. Please don't hate me!

I just wanna give y'all a great big hug now....
Sadly, this is the best I can do though.

LostRiver
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starlight77 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:56 pm

Aww geezum, that was an interesting read! xP

Hey, I don't think you were being mean at all.

But what you wrote made me go back and check the rules again. Inside my head all I could think was "Omg, what if I did something wrong?! Orororororor I broke a rule my accident!" And then I started eating cookies while re-reading the rules.

I feel better now. ^-^

Oh and...

Let me seduce you...

xPPPPP

Now I'm all hyper on cookies. Yummy-num-nums!

Oh, and sorry for taking so long on my CS. I'm really weird because I can type up to 52 words per minute, but sometimes I just can't form coherent and/or sane thoughts to write down. I'm a fast type-er but slow writer. Good job, Star! -gives self a highfive-

Well, none the less, I am almost done. But Star, you've said that like six times... >.>

The fact that I'm almost at a 2,000 word count frightens me... I spend way too much time on this site. xP

Starlight77
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LostRiver on Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:20 pm

@Starlight: Haha! That gif.... It's amazing. And I really appreciate you going back and reading the rules... but maybe no more cookies for you. xD

No worries with the slow writing, that's pretty much me every time I write an essay/lab writeup. Haha! I always write it super fast and then I go back and I'm like... "wait what was I trying to say here?"... oh and "why did I even write that there?"... and "I think I repeated my self seven times in that paragraph". And it only gets worse the faster and later I try to write it! Haha... Anyway, to summarize, it's fine and completely understandable!

You know you're only making me more excited to see your character! Haha! I shall patiently await the day that you submit her. xD

LostRiver
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starlight77 on Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:34 pm

I'VE DONE IT.

Five-ish hours, with a lot of laughing and procrastinating, I am finally done!

Thank the Lord...

I hope you like Reagan. ^-^

Btw, I used Mio Akiyama from K-On as a face claim.

There are many reasons why I love that anime. Pfftt... I totally don't love moe animes...

This is one reason:

Starlight77
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PersonaU on Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:39 pm

I LOVE HER!

Can't wait to start role playing!!!

K-ON is a pretty good anime, Being a guy, I was very surprised I liked it.

PersonaU
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starlight77 on Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:10 pm

-jumps up and down excitedly-

Azu-nyaaaann! After Mio, Azusa is my favorite character. ^-^

"I'm a sunfish!
I don't remember if she said sunfish or not, but whatever...

I love the music so much and I honestly couldn't stop laughing with this anime. I wish it were longer...

*cough* that's what she said... *cough cough*

Fffffuuuuu... sorry, I couldn't resist.

Starlight77
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LostRiver on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:39 pm

Haha! I love coming here to see the OOC so active. ^-^ Anyway, I'll be back in an hour to look over your character fully Starlight. I sent you a message in the mean time. I'm sure we'll have some fun! ^-^

LostRiver
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starlight77 on Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:05 pm

Sen-sational!

Any RWBY fans up in this business..?

I'm glad you liked Reagan. ^-^

I really can't wait to start now! But now we have to wait for people to fill up roles... *huff*

Starlight77
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LostRiver on Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:22 pm

Yeah I know it stinks. *grumble grumble* But, if any of y'alls know someone, let them know. Personally, I know next to no one on this site, but that might just be me. Cross your fingers that we can get 2 more people.

LostRiver
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starlight77 on Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:13 pm

I hate when people back out of roles. I know real life comes first, but it just makes me angry and sad all at the same time.

Sorry about all the gifs by the way, I just love them so much. ^-^

Starlight77
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Summer in the City on Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:47 am

Hi, I'll take a boy character (or whatever's open)! Just gimme a bit to whip up a character sheet.
[font=times new roman][center]We're living in a den of thieves
Rummaging for answers in the pages...

Summer in the City
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!