Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Survival Kit Academy

Questions!

a part of “The Survival Kit Academy”, a fictional universe by Kapento.

Young mages and demons are forced to work together. (Full.)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Survival Kit Academy”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Questions!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kapento on Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:11 am

I realize some of you may have questions about your characters, so to help, I've set up a questions thread.

It'll help me keep track of the questions people ask, and people can always look over previous questions asked if they need to for answers. If you are in any doubts about your characters; mages, demons, and the teachers, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm always here to help!

Additionally, if you must, just send me a PM and I'll response to you as soon as I can. X3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kapento
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: Questions!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IvyCoppersky on Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:37 am

What is the specific range of ability? Do demons have elemental control, or mental abilities like psychometry? Do mages control the demons by mentally controlling them when they need to, mind-to-mind speech, or, say, subjugation?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

IvyCoppersky
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kapento on Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:03 pm

@ IvyCoppersky

Demons and mages can have any sort of abilities. It could be elemental, or mental, or anything else you can think of. There is no right or wrong set of abilities, just be mindful to keep it balanced and not overpowered. Lets keep it fair after all. X3

Also, please note, that controlling a demon is a natural ability to mages. They all have it, and therefore it's optional to mention it on the character sheet. It also doesn't need to relate to their other abilities. Just thought I'd mention that.

In regards to controlling demons, the mage can control the demon mentally, and once doing so, can control the demons body as if it were their own. However, the mage needs to have a strong mentality to do so. Since most mages who get sent to the academy aren't entirely good at controlling demons, it's likely that demons can counter the 'controlling' now and again using their own free-will.

Demons will always have the free-will to refuse and rebel against the 'controlling'. I can't imagine they'd like it very much. XD But please, if your mage does manage to control a demon, please seek permission from the player who's demon you will be controlling. X3

Kapento
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pusheen on Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:32 pm

Quick question~. In the CS, on the 'Character Opinions' section, do we only fill out the thoughts for the characters assigned Demons/Mage or for everyone?

Pusheen
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kapento on Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:42 pm

@ Pusheen

For 'Character Opinions' you only fill out what your character thinks of his/ her teammates. For example, those in Group 1 would only fill out their characters opinions for each other. So, you fill out what your characters thinks of 'Lashes' and 'Danica', as they are in your group. X3

Kapento
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!