Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Incident of Oak City”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Incident of Oak City

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrysothemis on Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:29 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Incident of Oak City"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chrysothemis
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Incident of Oak City

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheHarbingerOfCake on Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:53 am

Heya.

Really like how this is looking and it seems to me like you are pretty clear and organized on what you want from this RP and what people can expect. Bottom line, I'd like to join and reserve one of the male characters, please. He WON'T be adept with firearms... throwing that out there just in case.

P.S.: Haven't used WritePad before, so when the time comes I could use a quick tutorial. :/

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheHarbingerOfCake
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luna Delta on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:56 am

Can I reserve a female? I have yet decided on much though. ^^ Ill post her FC later. I don't think she may be skilled in firearms or what not as of right now, but I'll let you know if this changes!

EDIT: Stella Nox Fleuret
Rae x Haruka 4ever bro

< αηgεℓωσℓғ123 is a sтυηηιηg, υηιqυε, αмαzιηg αη∂ α ℓσvεℓү individual <3 >

Best digital care package sent by Sora~

Luna Delta
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrysothemis on Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:11 pm

I am currently at work, but as soon as I get off, I will mark down your reservations. Also, to the person who PM'd me, I do not currently have access to message you back as I do not have ten forum posts yet. This shall count as one, I think, so as soon as I am able to, I will PM you back. I shall go make ten posts in threads that are specifically designed for this kind of thing. It will be about four hours before I get home, though, so thank you all who have so far showed interest in this. I look forward to potentially role-playing with you all! :3

Chrysothemis
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby M|Alice on Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:06 pm

Alright, no biggie but I would also like to place a face claim if that's possible since I have come too realize that there is a possibility that someone might pick the same face claim. Viewing your character Chrys you've rekindled my childhood love for final fantasy, my favorite franchise, so I will go with a oldy but my favorite character:

ImageImageImage

M|Alice
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mei on Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:23 pm

May I reserve a female slot?

My FC would be Oerba Dia Vanille from Final Fantasy XIII.

"It doesn't matter how many relationships we seem to have. We're all alone."

Mei
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrysothemis on Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:26 pm

Alright, I am home now so I shall go put up those reservations. Looking forward to everyone's characters.

@M|Alice: I shall be PM'ing you shortly once I make eight more posts somewhere... eventually.

Anyway, off I go.

Chrysothemis
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby veve on Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:35 pm

Hey there! I would like to reserve a male, but I don't know of many CGI type characters. If any of you have the time, could you refer me to some games/films/shows that have some characters I could choose from?

veve
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrysothemis on Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:43 pm

Sure thing veve.

Also, the Final Fantasy series (as most of the characters obviously are) have a lot of CGI characters such as Vincent Valentine, Cloud Strife, Sephiroth, Noctis Caelum, and Tidus just to name a few. Also, the Resident Evil series (since this is based off of it lightly) has a few CGI characters such as Leon Kennedy and Chris Redfield. Um, the Devil May Cry series has Nero and Dante... though I don't think Nero would exactly qualify given his arm.

That's just a few I can think of off the top of my head. I can't think of any more at the moment. Anyways, I shall go put your reservation down!

Chrysothemis
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby M|Alice on Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:30 pm

A quick question. On the character sheet there is a "Role" section. An I right to assume you are referring to their profession prior? Or is this like a class generalization in the group?

M|Alice
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrysothemis on Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Ah yes, about that. The Role section basically summarizes what your character did before the outbreak. So, in a sense, yes. It is their profession prior; not necessarily a class generalization. For instance, my character, originally dubbed the Mechanic, has now just changed to the Medic simply for what she was doing beforehand. I should have specified about that in the sheet, my apologies.

Also, I can't quite PM yet, and I am being a bit lazy in posting in the necessary forums. I believe this makes post number seven, so I think I need three more before I can PM. Oops.

Anyways, thank you for asking questions! Please, if you have any more, any of you, do not hesitate to ask! I am here to help! Also, M|Alice... I just realized I didn't post it in the last response but, I would be glad to take you on as my Co-GM. In other words, guys,

M|Alice and I are your GM's and will be managing this RP. Thanks for helping out M|Alice!

Chrysothemis
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrysothemis on Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:48 pm

Alright, I'm actually going to just spam my own thread three more times... I'm a bit odd that way, so don't mind this one, or the next three posts I will be making here shortly.

Chrysothemis
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby M|Alice on Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:53 pm

-Insert ridiculously bad dancing-

Yay! I'm so happy to be able to help in any way and no worries about the PMs I am keeping myself busy with the character sheet. Everyone I'm glad to be of any service and if you just want to chitchat that is fine too.

Well, now I shall bury myself in my character sheet that I'm trying to perfect. Yay!

M|Alice
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrysothemis on Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:57 pm

Random Fact #1 You will notice that I am a stickler when it comes to fonts. I mainly use cambria as my main font source, though occasionally, I will use another one. For now, you will learn two random facts about your GM of this Roleplay.

M|Alice Yes, I could use all the help, I really can. I have no intentions of letting this role-play die, and if it even comes remotely to that... well, I'll keep it going one way or another!

Also, guys, just a forewarning, though the rules do say reservations, it doesn't guarantee a spot for your character. Just thought I should mention that since I forgot to in the rules. Reservations typically just help me keep track of how many people are interested in this, and what I can be expecting as far as interest goes. In other words, just because you reserved a spot doesn't automatically guarantee your spot. Should someone else show an interest in it, they are more than welcome to apply for it. I guess you could say it's a battle royale of characters... they are to be judged solely off of that and nothing else.

M|Alice, you have the honors of skimming through character sheets with me as soon as they are submitted!!

Chrysothemis
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby M|Alice on Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:04 pm

Oh snap, the pressure is on but a bit competition is healthy. Plus, I get to look through some wonderful sheets oh goody I feel spoiled. Also, in glad you updated your sheet Chrys because I am using it as a reference muahahaha. >:D

M|Alice
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrysothemis on Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:08 pm

Random fact#2 I have to go to a meeting in the next few minutes, but you will all learn that I hardly sleep... and may be on at random hours of the night.

M|Alice, you are my co-GM, you automatically get accepted because you are helping me run this show!! And you are welcome for the update on the character sheet. I shall have it mostly finished by tonight, but for now, work calls!! I shall see you all laters!

Chrysothemis
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby veve on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:45 pm

*bursts into the room with a stack of papers in hand* I've got it! After pouring over a hot laptop for the past few hours and the assistance of a few friends (who were quite annoyed that I'd forgotten the characters of many of the video games I owned), I have decided!

My FC shall be...

Nathan Drake!! *cheers*

veve
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrysothemis on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:50 pm

... you know

I totally forgot about him! Ha, I feel silly now... hehe. Anywho's, I shall go slap that face up in the holding cells... I mean, reservation spots :D

Chrysothemis
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby M|Alice on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:58 pm

Where does the story pick up? As soon as the outbreak happens? A week after? As soon as the bridge is destroyed? A week after the bridge goes down? Just wondering for the history section of the sheet.

Edit: Lol, veve you were spending all that time for a face claim? I am impressed and applaud your determination.
Last edited by M|Alice on Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

M|Alice
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrysothemis on Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:04 am

Ah, it's actually during the outbreak, like five/six hours or so. The bridge hasn't quite been destroyed yet, however; it is planning on being destroyed. It's kind of like how RE2 was set. The characters have to survive; otherwise they'll be trapped indefinitely within the city. The decision on the destruction of the bridge is still undergoing votes. In other words, leaders are trying to decide what is best: destroy the bridge or sterilize the city.

I hope that makes a bit of sense!

Chrysothemis
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!