Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Laurel

Announcements, Discussion, Etc

a part of “Laurel”, a fictional universe by Mac n Cheese.

Laurel Academy has long been known as the school for those who will control their generation. To attend, one must be impossibly wealthy, impossibly talented, or simply impossible. Here, the super-powered mingle with the super-influential.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Laurel”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Announcements, Discussion, Etc

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mac n Cheese on Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:26 pm

Announcements and Such

This is where I will be posting announcements, getting opinions on things, and taking suggestions. Only I can make announcements here, but everyone else can use this for questions and suggestions.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mac n Cheese
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Announcements, Discussion, Etc

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mac n Cheese on Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:32 pm

Time Notices
The following people have 24 hours left to submit a wip (with some sections filled out, not just an empty form): BleedingLover, Indila Eil. If you need extra time for some reason, please let me know, but as one of you is competing for a role I would prefer it be done within the given time frame.

Relationships

After we have a few more finished characters in, I will be putting up a relationship sheet. It is not mandatory, but heavily encouraged as many of the characters will have known each other since childhood. You can start thinking about these things now, if you like.

Clarification
This one is my fault- for clarification, on CS next to the grade, can you specify whether you are a rising (grade) or a graduating (grade)? Since this rp starts out during an optional summer semester, everyone will have technically just moved on from the previous grade.

Housing
Housing wise for students, would you all prefer
A) Dorm Hall style, with two or three of the same gender per room
B) Suite Style, with three or four people of mixed gender (Same gender in the room, but there could be a guys room and girls room)
C) Other suggestion?
(Note, roommates will be randomized unless you message me with a character based reason for people sharing, like they request it because siblings, or they both have the same deathly allergy and it makes it easier on the school to have them together, etc)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mac n Cheese
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AngelGirl on Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:50 pm

I vote suite style!
~AngelGirl~

AngelGirl
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imaveronica on Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:13 pm

I would honestly vote for the dorm style just because it would be the simplest option that everyone has 1 or 2 roommates instead of whole groups. Though I'm sure many of you have much more experience in this field and know what's best, so I definitely wouldn't complain if you chose otherwise!

Also my character sheet is 95% complete and I have 2 secrets for her but I'd like to add one more. If anyone maybe wants their character to be apart of it, let me know (it won't let me enter a link but the URL is roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/laurel/characters/lane-blackwell)! :D

Imaveronica
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mac n Cheese on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:09 am

Roles Opened
The Face Claims Chachi Gonzalez (The Gifted) and Chloe Moretz (The Powerful) are now reopened for reservation.

Other
I'm posting in Roleplayers Wanted about the open roles, but please feel free to recruit friends.
ALSO, for notice of anyone who may end up reserving a Gifted: diversity in gifts is encouraged! Our current musical people are great, but one can be talented in different categories as well!

Mac n Cheese
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mac n Cheese on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:46 pm

Start Time
I'll be putting up the first post either sunday evening or sometime monday afternoon, so please have your characters at least mostly finished by this point. Those who are working on their second characters, please have a wip with some amount of personality portrayed so that they can be effectively played when the rp starts. Those whose characters are finished are highly encouraged to get working on relationship sheets! In my opinion, rps like this work best if there is already history and drama of some sort to start out with.

Other
In the competition over the face claim Tabrett Bethell, the character being accepted is Anna-Marie Beckett. Both Characters are incredibly lovely, but Ruby's character seemed more fleshed out. Welcome to Laurel!

Mac n Cheese
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mac n Cheese on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:52 pm

Guys
To those who reserved guys but have not submitted a wip, we pretty much all know I'm not going to take down your reservation because we need the guys. That being said, please get working. I'm going to be taking on a second male character in the interest of balance, and if anyone else would be willing to take on a guy (especially those who are only playing a girl) it would be great. After I reserve mine we will have two left (although, hey, if three people want to reserve a guy I'm willing to give up making a third character).

Also I'm going to be pulling names out of a hat or something to make roommates tomorrow. We'll be doing dorm style, with two roommates each.

Mac n Cheese
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mac n Cheese on Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:10 pm

Roommates

10: Nina & Anna-Marie
12: Lane & Lupe
13: Erin & Rebecca
14: Aimee & Mimi & Christine

11: Holden & Anthony
13: Keevan & Sterling & (Chace Crawfowd)
15:Daniel & (Booboo Stewart)
17: Lucas & (Penn Badgley)

The dorm is single floor and long, with a bathroom between every two rooms. Odd numbers are on one side, even numbers directly across.

Mac n Cheese
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imaveronica on Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:35 pm

How would people feel about Lane bringing her guitar to the bonfire? Yes? No? Permission granted?

Imaveronica
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mac n Cheese on Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:49 am

Completely forgot about this, but because Lupe is now gone I'm switching the roommates so now Mimi and Lane are roomies.

Mac n Cheese
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby piearty on Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:04 am

Not sure this roommate thing is working out...? Daniel, Anthony, and Aimee's roommates either dropped out or never posted and other people's roommates are not very active...
Along with that, people who do have roommates most of the time haven't referenced them, and I don't think any have interacted with them as roommates other than Nina...

piearty
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mac n Cheese on Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:30 am

Electives and PE

Elective Options
Shop Class (Works both with cars and carpentry), Choir, Orchestra, Band, Art, Theater, Speech & Debate, Computer Science, Creative Writing, Political Science, Guest Lecture, Marketing

PE Options
Archery, Swimming, Canoeing, Gymnastics, Self Defense/MMA, Basketball, Soccer, Jogging, Dance

Mac n Cheese
Member for 9 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!