Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Chronicles of the Dark Flame

a part of “Chronicles of the Dark Flame”, a fictional universe by Brat Prince.

In the future of a parallel universe where magic exists a new kind of magic has appeared that many people fear. What will happen after 50 years of no action haven been taken?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Chronicles of the Dark Flame”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brat Prince on Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:15 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Chronicles of the Dark Flame"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
I am the Vampire Lestat, the Brat Prince.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Brat Prince
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Re: Chronicles of the Dark Flame

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:56 pm

This is like a really lame version of Shadowrun.

Not that that is necessarily a bad thing; Shadowrun is an incredible setting that's been rewritten for decades. It's hard to live up to an RPG masterpiece.

Anyway, I have a few questions:

1. "This is an alternate reality to our own where magic exists so no real fantasy creatures in the world." What does that sentence mean? "No real fantasy creatures" ? Fantasy creatures, by definition, aren't real so I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

2. How has the government not taken any action regarding magic? It's like, a huge deal, isn't it?

3. So is the plot supposed to follow the hunting down of this serial killer? Or are we all random schmucks doing whatever we want?
Do you feel like you're a bad writer? PM me, and let's talk about it. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Chronicles of the Dark Flame

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brat Prince on Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:35 pm

MayContainPlagiarism wrote:This is like a really lame version of Shadowrun.

Not that that is necessarily a bad thing; Shadowrun is an incredible setting that's been rewritten for decades. It's hard to live up to an RPG masterpiece.

Anyway, I have a few questions:

1. "This is an alternate reality to our own where magic exists so no real fantasy creatures in the world." What does that sentence mean? "No real fantasy creatures" ? Fantasy creatures, by definition, aren't real so I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

2. How has the government not taken any action regarding magic? It's like, a huge deal, isn't it?

3. So is the plot supposed to follow the hunting down of this serial killer? Or are we all random schmucks doing whatever we want?

If you find it so lame that why do you care so much about it? Isn't basically almost every story inspired by another story? I have never heard of Shadowrun so I cannot say if this is a copy or not, if I was to say anything had influence with it it would more likely be Deus Ex: Human Revolution and maybe Dragon Age.

Now to address your questions.
1. The roleplay does have fantasy elements in it that sentence is there to inform people that might want to join that they shouldn't expect dragons and such or try submitting a half elf.

2. Why did it take so long for the American government to allow women the right to vote or fully give blacks equality or give marriage quality?

3. If you had read all of the "Other information" section it says it is partially sandbox. People can do whatever they want but it will affect the world. If you want to be some dick that uses the Dark Flame to go around and kill people go ahead but that will make it more likely that isolation or possibly extermination will happen. The serial killer is just a subplot that players can use if they wish.

Brat Prince
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!