Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Hunger Games (2010)

The Hunger Games (2010)

a part of “The Hunger Games (2010)”, a fictional universe by Rue1234.

A shining capitol surrounded by twelve districts.And keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send two kids between the ages of twelve and 18 to participate in the Hunger Games, a fight to the death. The last one wins

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Hunger Games (2010)”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Hunger Games (2010)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rue1234 on Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:07 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "[url=http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/the-hunger-games-2010/]The Hunger Games (2010)[/url]"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
RueLovesThe Hunger Games!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rue1234
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Hunger Games (2010)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haddrix on Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:26 pm

Really? Pink hair? In District 12, where they have no money to dye hair (and, last time I check, pink hair wasn't part of the human genome)? Rue sounds like a major Mary-Sue. The easiest way to tell? She's named after a cannon character. BIG NO-NO. She's also super beautiful and flirty and fun and soooo lovable. Oh, and she had a TRAGIC past. Sweetie, I think you need to check out this site. It could be a good resource for you.

http://www.katfeete.net/writing/marysue.html

Such a same, really, because this was a really cool idea and I otherwise would've loved to take part in it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Haddrix
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rue1234 on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:53 pm

would you like me to change it? And who is Mary-Sue.....I named her rue because my real name is Rue thank you. So back off dang. It was MEANT to be diffrent dur. And btw the stylists can dye the peoples hair. In they games her hair was dyed. Ever think about that???

Rue1234
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haddrix on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:47 pm

Are you new at RPing? 'Cause most people know Mary-Sue. Look it up.

Your response completely confirmed that Rue was a Mary-Sue. You can tell when a character is when:
- The author feels personally attacked and gets defensive when the character is questioned or insulted (Ever think about that???)

- The character is named after a CANNON CHARACTER or THE AUTHOR (Uh-oh)

-They're adopted, but don't know (Uh-oh again...)

- Gems are used to describe eyes (Emeralds LIEK YAY!!one!!)

Sweetie, I'm not here to bring you down. If I was, I would be insulting YOU and not YOUR CHARACTER (and I would be using profanity). I just want make RPGateway a less Sue-ish place and maybe, MAYBE, make you a slightly better writer. BTW- I saw the changes you made, and I like them. If you want help completely ridding your character of Sue Influences, pm me. I'd be glad to help.

Haddrix
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlWayZFrE3 on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:59 pm

You could have approached that in a non-dickish way, ya know. Maybe she/he is new to this, that makes you better than them, so back off and let them learn. Maybe she/he is a veteran of roleplaying, if so it's just another crap thread so leave it alone and mind your own business. Wouldn't this be considered trolling anyway? The first thing you said called Rue's character base out into the spotlight and tried to make her look like an idiot.

Personally, I think you're just dicking around to see what kind of responce you can get, but that's just me, the professional asshole who was declared king of trash talk nine months running in my clan. So yeah, whatever man.
We are who we are, not who we are meant to be, and anyone who says otherwise deserves what they get...which in my case would be a whole lot of freaking lead.
And here's my rp: viewtopic.php?f=112&t=37462

AlWayZFrE3
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rue1234 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:12 am

Thank you AlWayZFrE3. The whole role play wasn't supposed to be the book. Cant it be different? yeah!I can name my character what ever i wanna. Don't matter. Cannon named after or not. What if they were somewhere along the lines related?? Hmmm??? emerald is my birthstone color. Rue is my real name. I can do what ever i wanna with my characters. I got the adopted thing from my friend. Ever think about that?? Its really non of your business what i do with my charries. Is it? Nope.

Rue1234
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlWayZFrE3 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:11 pm

And your defense to that was a little excited. Don't overkill on the exclamation/question marks, it makes you seem like a n00b. Both of you are acting like idiots, so please stop, I'm really tired of seeing sh1t like this.

AlWayZFrE3
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Harta on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:45 am

Ouch. GUYS. please don't fight. Haddrix, I'm sorry but you were being totally immature. If you want to teach something to somebody, the first rule is to be nice. But instead, you just completely did the bashing and I-am-so-totally-better-than-you approach. And dude, that ain't good. You're not a master of roleplay. Neither am I.
And wanna know something? I've been roleplaying for about 4 years and I just found out what a Mary-Sue is ONLY A FEW WEEKS AGO. So there.

And when we answer, try not to be too hot-headed, mkay? ^^ Patience is the key. Answer politely even though the other person was being a total *cough*dickhead*cough*. They'll leave you alone faster.

And Rue (can I call you that?), this is a really good roleplay idea and I'm a huge fan of Hunger Games ^_^ but I think you can fix up some things. I don't think we need exactly 24 tributes, 12 stylists (or 24 stylists cuz it's one for the boy and one for the girl), and 12 mentors. Maybe you can minimize the tributes to about 10 people? Because about half of the tributes are already killed after the bloodbath, and I don't want to see half of the roleplayers cursing their heads off cuz their characters are killed when the roleplay barely even started.
As for stylists and mentors, it'll be really difficult to keep track of all of them unless you want people to double-up and roleplay as more than one character.
But yeah, you don't have to follow me, it's just advice ^^

anywaaaays...I'll take the role as Head Gamemaker, if that's alright ^^ don't worry, I know what I'm doing. *starts drawing out maps and traps* OwO

Harta
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rue1234 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:09 pm

Thank you and I'll fix what you said! Thats a good idea!

Rue1234
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JessieTea on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:14 pm

Okay, I posted my first post, but I don't want to post the actual reaping until someone has decided to be the boy tribute for district 3 (or we decide there won't be one). I agree with Harta that having so many tributes wouldn't be the best idea. Imagine spending the time making your character only to have it killed right away. It just wouldn't be fair.

I'm so excited for this roleplay to start though, hopefully more people will join soon.

JessieTea
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby holy eternal on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:26 pm

I want to join the rp, i loved the book

holy eternal
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Harta on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:19 pm

I'll make a character for the boy tribute of 4. And maybe a girl for a poor district to speed up the start of this roleplay :P

I think we should fill up the roles of the Careers first. Cuz a Hunger Games NEEDS a career pack. We need at least 4 careers (in my opinion ^^)

let's keep this in mind:

District 1- Luxury goods for the Capitol
District 2- Medicine
District 3- Machinery/Factories
District 4- Fishing
District 5- Livestock
District 6- Scientific Research
District 7- Lumber
District 8- Weaving/ Clothes-making
District 9- Hunters(?)
District 10- Mathematical Research(?)
District 11- Agriculture
District 12- Coal

Districts 1,2 and 4 are Careers. they're all well-fed and well-trained. The other districts (especially the highest districts) are the supposedly the weakest and most are never trained.

I got this from my other Hunger Games roleplay xP hope they don't mind I use it.

Harta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Harta on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:23 pm

oh and guys, let's not try to get TOO far ahead in the story before other roleplayers join ^^; because sometimes when someone wants to join a roleplay, but sees that there are like...over 20 or 30 posts, they get lazy to read it and won't join. So when we get to the Capitol, let's stop and let the others catch up ^^

sorry if I sound like I'm ruling this all out but I just want this roleplay to play out well OwO

Harta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Harta on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:28 pm

oh and we need the name of the President O: let's see hmm...President Snow....

and now...President Snow the Second? lol let's just do that. can I also roleplay as the President? owo (I'll have 4 characters which is kinda unfair but his role is so small though! XD)
Last edited by Harta on Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby holy eternal on Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:31 am

What Career slots are open?

holy eternal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JessieTea on Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:09 pm

Holy eternal I'm pretty sure the only career slots taken are the ones from district 4.
Last edited by JessieTea on Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JessieTea
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby holy eternal on Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:12 pm

Where can i sign up? i wanna be the career from district 1

holy eternal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JessieTea on Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:17 pm

Just click on the characters tab and fill out a form. :)

JessieTea
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Harta on Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:38 pm

alright so I'm gonna play as a Career, Head Gamemaker, and the President.
So get ready for some torture guys, cuz the arena's gonna be hell >:]

Harta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JessieTea on Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:58 pm

Well that sounds exciting! I'm thinking of possibly taking on the job of another character as well, possibly a stylist. Either way, I'm very excited for this to start full force (aka, for the games to begin).

JessieTea
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!