Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Misunderstood

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Misunderstood

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:18 pm

*This is a private RP, please don't post!*

It had been about a week since Nora had discovered that the tradition among her ancestors was held in place for her. She couldn't believe that her whole life her parents hadn't even bothered to tell her that she was supposed to marry a complete stranger. Anger was the only emotion she had felt for a whole week; anger at her parents, traditions, and this unknown stranger. She could hardly believe she was being forced into this heinous ritual. She had tried to get out of the marriage. She had thrown a huge tantrum, despite having grown out of them years before, and even gave a long and elaborate speech about how unfair it was...but her parents weren't relenting.

Nora was currently on her strike against the marriage. She was refusing any visitors to her room and refusing all food. She had lasted a little over a day now, but was sure she couldn't last much longer. After all, she hadn't missed a single meal in her life unless she had been sick, and she was far from sick at the moment. She was just so infuriated that her parents had waited until her 18th birthday to bother telling her that she was getting married in three months.

It was ridiculous. The arranged marriages in the past were done out of self-preservation of the noble lines among the different kingdoms, but it seemed now that it was too much of a tradition to let go.

There was a knock upon Nora's door, she knew it was her father. She was rarely ever visited in her bed chambers by anyone, but since she would go nowhere, people had to come to her.

"This is getting out of hand Nora, you need to grow up. You aren't a child, so stop acting like one." His tone was even and diplomatic. Nora moved swiftly to the door, glowering at the ornate carvings.

"Can you honestly say that? You just told me I'm getting married in three months, you can hardly expect me to just accept it with a smile." She spat darkly.

"I do expect that. You are a princess, and you've been born into certain privileges. With certain-"

"-Privileges comes great responsibility." Nora finished for her father.

"Yes, so you see, you do have to accept this. The prince is a gentleman and good, his parents have sent us a letter and you two are definitely a match. Now stop this fussing and childish behaviour. I expect you at the table for dinner tonight. No excuses." He said firmly.

Nora heard him leave before growling in frustration. She knew the discussion was over and so was her strike. She hated having a father for king, he could do anything. "Well just because I'm marrying you Prince, doesn't mean I'm going to have to like you...or be nice." She spoke coldly to the air and left her room for a walk.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Misunderstood

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby arteech0kee on Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:04 am

Confused, rather betrayed with a twist.
His full on teenaged life was filled with studying, learning the proper mannerism of being the future King of the Country and having to gain some knowledge in war. A chuckle escaped his lips when he first heard the whole idea at his seventeenth birthday, he started seeding the signs at eighteen and officially at nineteen years, he realised it was real.

Prince Josef M. La'Mentro
A nineteen year old heir to the throne that was ready to turn twenty within two seasons, and he wasn't ready to marry the Princess at the neighbourig country, his Parents had been serious for three whole years before he finally realized how serious they were when they showed a signature and handwritten letter from the King of the neighbouring nation.
Josef only grunted at the idea, he combed his light brown hair with his fingers as it messily waved upon his head. It was an early morning that he woke up and heard news of the wedding ceremony his Mother happened to have planned through the three whole years.
"Mother," Josef whispered, "Why must you plan something I don't agree with... More like why allow me to get married to someone I don't even know, some random stranger?" The male spoke to himself as he pushed himself out of bed, his Mother just going through a few things she wrote and sketched with the help with the Mother ofthe woman on the other nation. He didn't care really.

"I think it's time you look at the future of this nation, they want a King who has a beutiful wife and capable of taking good care of the people," The Queen gave the book onto the grasp of the Maiden who followers her ever move, she brushed her hair with the similar color of her Eldest son and smiled weakly. "I really just wish you would give this I chance and a change of heart, this woman is a gorgeous one with perfect personality that you wish would be perfect."

Josef groaned and stood up, his six foot two inch height figure towered his Mother but was fairly taller by inches compared to his Father. He looked at his Mother as soon as he finished flexing, he has already told his Parents far too many times that he wasn't going to marry someone that he hasn't met in perso, he preferred getting to know someone and see how they were as a person before ever doing anything as serious as that.

Arranged Marriages?
Serious?

Josef's Parents were the same, but they fell in love. Yet Josef wasn't the same, he was impatient and wanted to meet the girl more sooner than later. His talk with his Younger Brother had him thinking of going over to the neighbouring nation and talk to that girl, see how she was and if she was that stereotype of a 'spoilt Princess' like the one who he was once made acquiantance to in his sixteenth birthday.

The male rubbed his stomach when he heard his Mother finish speaking about the whole plans, he only sighed and asked, "Would you and Father allow me to leave to a small adventure before I become a married man?"
The Queen smiled. "Of course, my son," She reached up and caressed the cheek of her son. "Growing up so fast, and I think your Father and I would give you just this chance to be free after many years being so committed."
"When will you let me go?" The Prince eagerly replied. He wanted to be gone so quickly, he had made a plan with the help of his Younger Brother and for his Parent to grant him freedom, well his adventure would lead him to his future wife.

But from excitement, well, he kind of didn't notice his Mother nod and walk away with the words telling him to rush for breakfast so they can speak about his proposal.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

arteech0kee
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:23 am

That night was a dismal affair as Nora sat in uncomfortable silence. Her parents hadn't said too much to her as her father had put down his foot about her arranged marriage and now there was little to say. Nora was still in a fit of rage, but it had died down mostly and now she was just sitting there with a very pitiful expression on her face as she ate slowly.

Even though she was hungry from starving herself, she wasn't so eager on eating. She poked her food a little and took a bite here and there. It was a delicious meal, but it somehow felt like her last, as though she were going to the gallows after eating.

Three months...

She had just three months of freedom before she was tied to a man in marriage that she didn't even know his name. It was ridiculous, but no matter what she did, she knew there was no getting out of it. She was frustrated with her parents, but she knew that this was just her turn to take part in the silly tradition of their anscetors. Her own parents had had an arranged marriage, like most married couple in royalty, but she hardly knew anything about their situation. She knew her parents loved each other, but she just couldn't see how she could fall in love with someone she had never met.

As the quiet dinner drew to a close, Nora decided that she needed fresh air. She walked swiftly to the vast stables and moved quickly down to where her horse stood in his stall. He was her closest friend and confident. He had been wild when he had first been brought to the castle, but Nora had taken an instant liking to him and refused to have any other horse.

"Hello Koran." She ran her hand down his neck, the muscles twitched slightly.

The horse nickered softly in response and waited patiently as Nora saddled him. Even though it was very unlady like and against being a princess to saddle the horse, Nora didn't trust the care of Koran to any of the stable hands.

After the dark stallion had been saddled up, Nora led him out through the large door and into the cool night air. The sun had long set, but she loved taking night rides. She mounted him and took off, trying to drown out her woes of the impending marriage she was facing.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby arteech0kee on Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:40 pm

A long silence erupted the dining hall since his Mother bought up the topic through Breakfast, his Father had fallen silent from such a request. Josef didn't plead for the freedom either, if he did such a thing, then he knew the reaction his Father were to do when yenapproached in a desperate manner.

By the time the sun set throughout the nation, Josef was called upon to his Father's Chamber.
He entered as slow and as cautious as he could, he eyed to royal room and saw the King at his velvet chair and his Mother standing aside him, her hand placed lightly on her husband's shoulder. Both of them stared at Josef with a strong gaze, it puzzled the Prince actually seeing as they appeared to look so ready to decline his request.

"Josef," The King's bass tone spoke, his hand rubbed his beard that grew on his chin while the other actually held a piece of paper with black ink seeping through it. "There is six months before you are to marry, and I expect your return a month prior to that arrangement. Agreed?"

The Prince's eyes brightened, a huge smile on his face as he rushed over and retrieved the written permission, his grip was tightly on it as he could feel that has just been given a chance to be lived the way he has always wanted to

"Thank you."

Three Months Later

Going ahead with his plans, the Prince had wasted his three months being aided by a friend to change his appearance a bit.
He grew a bit of a scruffy appearances. He didn't have a beard, but his hair grew longer and he tied behind his back like some commoners that lived in the towns of his Family' land. His skins grew a bit tanner and his body build was more toned as he had adventures quite a long way t reach the nation if the neighbouring royals.

Josef reached around the inside pathways towards the castle and home of his future wife and it was fairly dark upon his arrival. Yet the thought of finally meeting the girl, he couldn't help but feel the small tint of eaterness to see how she was in terms of personality. Upon his white beauty, the stallion began to gallop towards a pond and drank, that was enough time for hm to go off the stallion and stretch.
Josef had worn a bit middle class clothing which he actually four rather comfortable than usual, they were also soft and wasn't as stiff and thick as the royal class clothing. He released a small sigh as his body took over to tell his mind of how tired he was, the sigh turned int ampong yawn before he froze and heard another set of galloping steps nearby.
Cautiously standing, his head turned left and right in order to see, well try to, but it was dark and the only light that aided him was the moon.

arteech0kee
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:50 pm

The silence in the air was heavy and thick, it didn't seem like anything could break the unnerving dead in the air, but there were soft foot falls. A dark stallion issued forth from within a cluster of trees as his rider urged him carefully on. There was a sheen of sweat covering the beast's body, and it glistened when the moonlight touched upon his flanks. There was a small and gentle breeze upon the air, it pulled lightly at Nora's hair, giving her a ghost-like appearance.

After riding for a while, she began to slow the horse down. Koran trotted lightly beside a pond. Nora felt loose and much happier now that she had been able to ride. She felt much more relaxed and breathed calmly as she held the reins loosely in her hands. She took in a deep breath, her mind clear. She wasn't so angry any more about the frustration with the arranged marriage, but the bitter thoughts were still lingering upon her mind.

Koran suddenly slowed and came to a halt, his body stiffening. Nora instantly recognized this behaviour and looked around to see where the danger was. She had ridden further than she normally would, and probably wasn't near any establishment. She knew that her kingdom was safe, or at least as safe as it could be. She felt frightened for a moment, and her stomach tossed uncomfortably as her eyes fell upon a stranger.

He was different, she knew that instantly. He wore common clothes, but he held himself like a true noble. He also looked very foreign and this made her a little unnerved. Nora refused to dismount Koran for the moment, incase she needed to bolt away, but she decided to inquire of this man.

"Good evening sir," she said politely, her back rigid in both fear and a life time of being raised with manners. "Are you lost?" she asked carefully with narrowed eyes.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby arteech0kee on Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:04 am

His white stallion had turned it's head towards a direction. A neigh from it's lips as Josef finally turned his head and watched a shadow grow larger towards them, once out of the trees he saw a woman and a black stallion. They looked like they had a run from their lives yet she seemed quite different in terms of her appearance, she was quite attractive but he figured not to judge too quickly as she may be something dangerous.

"Good evening sir," She greeted with a bit of poise and class. "Are you lost?" She ended with a question, he merely scanned her and eyed her movements as the horse had came to a halt. Josef had kept his hand on the horse in case he were to jump on and run, he used his other hand to brush the nuisance from his face. He wasn't used to having long hair.

"Good evening," The male replied, he practiced his tone and accent as well as the structure of his words in order to hide away his Prince-like mannerism. He cleared his throat to double check anyway, his hand lifted from his horse and dusted his hands as he took a step forward and explained, "I am not lost, I am inthe right nation in search for someone. A woman. I think you may know her as the Princess of this area, there is one, am I correct?"

arteech0kee
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:05 am

Nora watched the man carefully. Her mind was uneasy and told her to run, but her instincts were perfectly calm and sensed that this man would do her no trouble or any harm. He looked as if he had been travelling for quite a while and needed a bath and perhaps a fresh set of clothes, but under the grime from travelling and the long hair, she could see that he was actually quite handsome.

"Princess? Now why would you want her?" her misty eyes narrowed for a moment. She was tempted to pretend to not be what she was, but something told her once again that this man was all right to trust. It didn't seem like he was a thief or murderer. Any commoner who looked upon him would easily take him as one of their own, but she recognized his poise and manner.

"I suppose your search is over now." She said lightly, relaxing a little. "I believe I am the only princess around these parts, unless of course you are wanting my eight year old sister." She said with a small smile.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby arteech0kee on Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:44 am

Josef scanned her, she was so beautiful beneath the round moon, though it was dim, he seemed to have felt that his judgments were far too easily handled when a woman like her came along. But he pushed his thoughts aside, he wanted a woman to have a greater judgment than him and have such personality that has people thinking of her perfection, and how lucky he was to have captured her into his life.
Yet needs were far too complicated to be met.
Though he was captured in quite a surprise when she revealed herself to be the Princess so soon. His eyes widened at the shock, yet he released a small smile and commented; "Well, I am happy to have met you." He gave a small bow as he added, "I am the Cousin of the Prince from the neighboring kingdom, I was sent here to see if the Princess was what he was told she would be. And you seem to be quite a surprising twist. Especially seeing you out here in the dark."

Josef shouldn't be the one to talk.
He was supposed to be in an adventure with the actual cousin that he was posing to be, well, supposedly, considering that he lied to his Parents of his whereabouts. Josef had people write letters to his Parents at different locations, and with the reality he was with the Princess right then and there.

"Oh how rude of me," Josef cleared his throat. "My name is Marcus," He lied. "But it is alright if you don't call me by my name, just call me the stranger who wondered in your lands."

arteech0kee
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:06 am

Nora watched the traveling stranger carefully. She still felt trusting towards him, which was strange. She hardly ever trusted strangers, especially those who popped in the dark. She watched the small smile on his face, and couldn't help but smile back. He seemed perfectly nice. She nodded her head in understandment as he said that he was the cousin of the prince from the neighboring kingdom. She frowned for a moment as she realized that this meant that this was the cousin of the man she was supposed to marry. Was this some sort of check up on her? To see if she was fit for the prince? What a pig.

"I prefer riding alone, and I prefer riding at night. It's much calmer now than during the day. Besides, it was difficult to spot me, was it not? My horse is as dark as the shadows around him." She said lightly. She really wondered just why this cousin was here.

"Well Marcus, were you just here to see me, or are you interested in coming back to the castle?" she said as Koran shifted slightly. The horse was getting ready to bolt, he hardly liked standing still when he could just run.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby arteech0kee on Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:00 am

"Well I have a letter from the King and Queen of the Kingdom," Josef reached into the bag that was hooked upon the straddle, he reached for a piece of paper that was folded in half and had black ink seeping through it. The Prince held it between his fingers and he walked over to the Princess, he wanted to see if she was wanting to see the proof of which was actually forged from his Aunt of whom was related to his Mother. The Male stetched out his arm towards he to see if she was ready to accept the paper.

"If you don't wish to read it, then it is quite fine," Josef waved it around with his small royal accent coming through, he cleared his throat trying to adjust back to his practiced middle class tone in which he added, "May I ask if you are able to guide me to the acadtle so I can also present it to the King and Queen?"

The note actually said that they sent 'Markus' there to present a small speech about the Prince and the wedding plans that was to come in three months, he had actuall ripped a page from his Mother's plans to present to the King and Queen. And he was there to, apparently, aid the Queen of that nation for the marriage to come.

arteech0kee
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:40 pm

Nora looked upon Markus carefully as he went to his saddle bag. She watched as he retrieved a letter from within and walked back over to her and offered it to her to read. She merely shook her head in response to the action. "No, I believe it is not my business unless it was written to me." She said with a prim and crips tone, but her eyes showed the burning curiosity as she was eager to know what was contained within the contents of the letter. Was this cousin of Josef merely a messenger? Surely he was more than just that to be here. Was he really there to help her mother?

Nora nodded her head. "Yes, I suppose we should go to my parents." She turned her horse around and waited until Markus had mounted his own steed before she kicked off. The dark horse started out with a walk before he was trotting. Nora wouldn't deny him this. She knew he wanted to run, but she didn't want to lose Markus. It would be quite a shame for him to get lost when he was close to the castle all ready.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby arteech0kee on Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:57 pm

Josef nodded and pulled the paper from the girl, he tucked the paper into his pocket after folding it once more. The male jumped onto his horse that stomped about refusing to move after running for far too long, he gave his horse a small tap on the neck against it's long white hair, he looked up and noticed the princess was fairly away from him already. "Come on," Josef whispered to his stallion. "I know you'll play along because you're already dragged into this mess." He added as the animal gave a angry grunt before she began to trot behind the black stallion.

"So," Josef spoke up. "I didn't really hear the name of the Princess, I should know but I believe it is my fault for not giving my full attention."

arteech0kee
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:04 pm

Nora looked over her shoulder at Markus caught up to her and spoke. "I'm am Nora Del Rose, the eldest child of Queen Miranda and King Harol." She announced lightly. She looked over at him, and she gave him a smile. "So how long exactly are you planning to be here?" she asked as they rode through the woods. "Are you really here to help my mother? That seems like a boring task." She found that she was rather relaxed now in his presence and was enjoying the ride with this new companion.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby arteech0kee on Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:50 pm

Josef looked at her, his trust placed all into his stallion as they rode alongside one another.
"I would think Josef would have the boring job between he and I, he sits all noon studying and all evening training," He explained with the most minimal detail he could
as he added, "Though, not being in the main branch of royals, I feel more pleased that out of all the people in the Kingdom, the Queen chose me. It is better than staying there, trust me."

The Prince looked straight and watched the road ahead of them, if was so dark that only tints of the road was shown and hardly anything could be seen or heard. Just the sounds of the horses' trotting and their voices speaking to one another. Josef tried to keep his compsure straight and proper yet he was actually quite tired and hadn't slept for hours after an early departure from the camp at the crossing between two kingdoms.

Then his thoughts transferred about his Parents.
The King and Queen were his Parents. They would be so disappointedto hear where and what his true intentions were from asking for freedom. Josef just had to be careful with this idea.

arteech0kee
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:17 am

Nora looked at him as he spoke. She knew exactly how tedious it was to be stuck in the study all day with tutors, but luckily she no longer had to put up with that too much anymore. She felt sympathetic towards Josef, she wondered what he would be like. She was surprised to hear him say how much better it was to be on errands in her own kingdom, than staying back in the kingdom she was marrying into.

As they rode on through the woods and the night, she noticed that he looked exhausted. She could see his every attempt at trying to look composed fail every moment or so as he would stoop before sitting straight again.

"You look exhausted, I insist a bed for you before you talk with my parents. They'll be here tomorrow morning. If you're going to face them, you might want a good night's rest first." She spoke. She was rather startled with her personal concern for him, but she was confident that the best course of action at the moment was to let him sleep and have a good meal since he had been travelling for so long.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby arteech0kee on Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:58 pm

A smile weakly appeared on his face as he muttered, "Thank you very much."
Josef released a weak sigh and yawn as he continued to strain his posture, pretty soon he slumped over and leaned back, his hand against the end of the straddle while the other hand grasping ahold of the strap. His head leaned back and his eyes half closed as he stared at the night sky. It was late and he wasn't really keen on going any further if he had to.
Hopefully the castle wasn't too far.

arteech0kee
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!