Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Look on the Bright Side

Look on the Bright Side

a part of “Look on the Bright Side”, a fictional universe by JosieLove.

The day to day lives of a group of people in an urban fantasy setting. Hijinks may ensue.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Look on the Bright Side”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Look on the Bright Side

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JosieLove on Sat May 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Hey guys!

Any questions or ideas you have about characters, the world, or anything go here! Just ask.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

JosieLove
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Look on the Bright Side

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarRequired on Sun May 30, 2010 11:14 am

Shannon Johnson
Race: Human
Species: Lycan

Appearance

Height: 5'6"
Weight: 159 pounds
Scars or distinguishing marks: A tattoo of a crescent moon on his left shoulder, inside the lines are the celtic knot.
Eye Color: Smokey gray
Hair Color: messy light brown hair that hangs to his shoulders
Skin Color: lightly sun kissed
Body type: lean
Typical attire: Normally wears loose jeans and shirts, he rather not wear shoes. When forced he will only wear the tattered sneakers that he has grown overly attached to. He has a thick leather cuff around his right wrist that has the celtic knot.

Inventory
Weapons: His mind, two daggers and two M1911 pistols with clips full of liquid silver and others carry UV rounds. (if Vampires are involved in the story line)

PERSONAL HISTORY
Shannon grew in the heart of the Midwest of the United States, he had a great set of parents who liked to indulge in life's little side tracks. Mainly drugs, any that they could get their hands on. They were rich and lived off old money so they didn't need to worry about jobs. His parents were trying to have another child and planned to name her Charlie. They thought it was the best idea in the world, that sibling never arrived.

Shannon grew up as the all American boy, loved all the past times that the era of his birth had to offer. Football, rodeos and apple pie. He went to school had friends, always had a book to read with him. His real love was fixing things, anything from cars to toasters. He always attempted to improve on the design to enhance performance of anything he could get his hands on. One experiment went wrong and leveled the garage, sending him to the hospital. Shannon found himself thrust into a strange silent world, with no hope that he would gain his hearing again.

He met Bruce Iven, a teacher in the school for the deaf, when he was twelve a few years after his accident. The two found some common ground when Shannon fixed the slight problem in the older man's car engine. Within the countless of hours of talking, Shannon's sign language grew stronger and he started pulling out of the deep depression that had lingered over him.

In the whole war effort, Bruce brought Shannon to his lab and convinced him to help his fellow American's by doing what he did best. Improve on designs.
Weapons to be exact. Most of Shannon's creations never found their way to the battlefields-well not human ones anyway. During one full moon, Bruce was being overly aggressive with Shannon, nearly raping the human. He was able to stop himself from taking Shannon's innocence, to Bruce's horror, he had instead taken Shannon's normal life. Oddly, Shannon found he could hear when he was in his lycan form. He didn't tell Bruce simply cause he wasn't sure how to.

Bruce kept Shannon and his shame out of the main stream knowledge of his pack. They kept to small towns and out-of-the-way pit stops, always on the move so the Pack Leaders couldn't leash Bruce back into the 'family' and finding the weak link he had brought into being.

In the twenty eight year of Shannon's life, Bruce was nearly killed by a rival pack. Shannon escaped with a few scratches, he had stayed and protected Bruce. Once the others were gone, the pair hobbled to their place. Bruce wasn't healing properly, something on the claws of the others was keeping the wounds from healing. Shannon loaded Bruce into the car and drove straight to the pack he had never met.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SugarRequired
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JosieLove on Sun May 30, 2010 12:12 pm

Werewolf! Awesome. Just submit your character to the character tab and I'll have him added. :)

JosieLove
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarRequired on Sun May 30, 2010 1:36 pm

So do I just jump in? Is there a posting order? A time of day at the moment, from what I have gotten so far it is late afternoon early evening.

Is there someone playing Merlin? Do I just use a NPC sort of method on him. Sort of like someone who leaves notes for Shannon or yells from the back room. I don't want to take over the character in case someone wants to play him.

SugarRequired
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xRainbowCupcakes on Sun May 30, 2010 4:42 pm

Yay!

Okay, so now what? Do I just post, or do I wait until..actually, I have no clue where I'm going with this.
~The harder you try, the dumber you look.

xRainbowCupcakes
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Sun May 30, 2010 5:30 pm

If it wouldn't trouble you too much I would love for you to add Alexander's coffee store in the locations.
"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in the world; of these heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared."

Rincewind
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JosieLove on Sun May 30, 2010 10:22 pm

As far as posting goes, I say just go ahead.

Time of day is about sunset.

And I will add the coffee shop in just a sec. Is it okay if that's where Simon works?

JosieLove
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JosieLove on Sun May 30, 2010 10:31 pm

Oh, and regarding the owner of Merlin's Beard: I think we can just play him as a NPC. Maybe if someone comes along and wants to play as him, we could let them take him, but unless that happens, I guess it's not really an issue. So far, I haven't gotten any PMs about it.

JosieLove
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Sun May 30, 2010 10:45 pm

I have no problem with Simon working at Coffee of Doom.

Rincewind
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JosieLove on Sun May 30, 2010 10:48 pm

Awesome! Also, excellent choice of username. I'm a little jealous.

JosieLove
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Sun May 30, 2010 11:00 pm

Terry Pratchett owns my soul.

Rincewind
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xRainbowCupcakes on Mon May 31, 2010 12:44 am

I posted for the first time EVER! If it's completely wrong and messed up, sorry D:

I feel accomplished.

xRainbowCupcakes
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Mon May 31, 2010 1:26 am

Okay so my usual style of humor in writing is usually just writing a joke or doing this crappy "and then he fell.He like........fell.So far.Dear god he's still falling.Wait,he's....no still falling."Kind of humor.I've realized that this is horribly shitty so I'm trying a new Pratchettian style of humor where instead of having jokes or too many ellipses I just add little humorous notes to my writing.So if anyone can think of a way to add to the funny (humorous RP remember?) please tell me how to improve my writing.

insincerely yours,
Rincewind

Rincewind
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wiltingrose on Mon May 31, 2010 1:44 am

Do you happen to have a bartender yet for Merlin's? i reckon a seedy bartender would be pretty fun to play xDD
When all is said and done
i will be the one
to leave you in your misery
and hate what you've become

wiltingrose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:55 am

Taking a breath, Simon let out a short laugh while the bartender - or rather, Shannon - served another customer. His initial instinct was to politely take his leave and get home as fast as he could. But, he supposed, what was waiting for him? His cat? (Yes, actually, his cat would be waiting. Timothy probably needed to be fed. But the cat could wait for a couple minutes, right? And, really, the cat was pretty self sufficient. Cats can catch mice, can't they? And- oh dear. He was even rambling in his third person monologue.) At this point, he had no chance of getting home before dark anyways. "Might as well just wait for the next bus," he muttered to himself. If he did that, he had at least half an hour to waste here.

After all, how much harm could one drink do?

He sat down and allowed himself to relax. When Shannon returned and repeated his offer, Simon said, "Yes, actually. Can I get a virgin screwdriver?" (Somehow, just saying "orange juice" wasn't satisfying enough.) As much as he wanted to get wasted, Simon had to work tomorrow, and early morning coffee patrons were annoying enough without a hangover. Then there was his habit of completely losing track of time when he got drunk... But anyways. So orange juice it was.

Famous last words.

Rincewind
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!