Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Restland *feedback needed*

a topic in Growth, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

New to the literary world? Just want to improve on your already strong literary background? Get tips on your language skills here.

Restland *feedback needed*

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zewei on Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:47 pm

Prologue

Edgar Lock was what one will say to be a rebellious youth. No kind reports can be found about kid Edgar, for he led a small youth gang that go about their days relieving boredom on their unfortunate 'chosen' classmates. Edgar was 14, and so were his crew when life changed for him. A major, sad inconvenience, Edgar would say if asked about them.

It started out as just a simple day. Following his morning routine of waking up, brushing his teeth with his usual wooden tooth brush, spitting out the foul tasting paste and getting some eggs as breakfast from his mother. He was in foul humor after breakfast, as he left the house to go to school, as all 14 year olds do. His house was bleak, it is always bleak, and he hated the fact that it was of unpainted grey stone. His friends, the lot of em have blue or green or even red! Yet hs family has always think of paint as a useless commodity. His mother, a sweet matured 34 years old, had given him a lecture. She was a cheery bubbly character who had married a 35 year old trader. His dad on that day had left the house early that morning as usual to sell his wares at the markets. The three of them, were a close family. They had their ups and downs, but they stuck together thru it out. The trader would have wished his son to follow in his footsteps, but life has other plans.

Finding his feet on the usual path he took to school, Edgar sighed, his mode a dull gloom amist the cheery chirping birds watching him from the green trees.
"I hate this hot weather. I hate these birds." so saying, he took a rock from the road and threw it as hard as he could towards one. He couldn't see if he had hit or not, but the birds were startled, and the flock flew away.
"And I hate not getting money!" he cried out loudly in disdain. Ah yes, Edgar's original allowance of 50 clas has been deduted by 30, so he only has 20 clas to spend that month.

His foul humor would have made him stomp down the path every step he took, but he soon felt silly, and tired. 'It's all Lassy fault!' he thought as he recalled the events that happened yesterday. Lassy was walking by a road, not even on it as he was looking down into a pond to his right. His glasses falling down his nose, it was obvious that his attention is attracted to the fish in the large pool of water. Having a bright idea, Edgar rushed and tried to push the boy into the water from behind. To his surprise, before he could perform his shove, Lassy had stumbled forward and fell into the water, as if he had been shoved, but Edgar was innocent!

Still, it was such a nice stumble Edgar had to laugh.
"You pushed me!" "Did not." "Did to!" "Nope!"
Edgar ran when Lassy threw water to here he was.

The memory improving his humor, he finally saw the stone building that is known to most as the school of yellowly doom.Children, both older and younger then himself entered the building. A few students were sitting on the stone walls that formed a circular marble water fountain. It has long dried up, leaving a statue of a once proud lion standing in the middle. Age has eroded the statue's pure white color, and as Edgar starred at it, it unnerved him slightly as how it appeared to be crying. In the past, he would moan at the lack of a water source for his pranks, but on this particular day, he couldn't help but stare at it.

"Hey Edgar, Boss!" Scllymate called out when he saw him and broke his trance."Teacher Kross says he wants to meet you."
"Yea thanks Fredrick." he replied. "I'll go see what the old soot wants."
Injuries of the heart is the hardest to heal, for it actually takes time and will to embrace the pain, and be affected by it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

zewei
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Re: Restland *feedback needed*

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zewei on Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:42 pm

Chapter 1

Fredrick 'Scallymate' Alrin, as his friends know him is Edgar's best friend and rival all rolled up in one. he brains in the group, he would have been the leader of their group but for one reason, the lack of physical strength. And as such, he choose to stay in the shadows, imagining himself as the manipulative kind.

Edgar's thoughts were broken, as Scallymate had slapped his shoulder. "Good luck pal!"
"Yea... thanks a lot."
His friend nodded, and hopped off the fountain wall to head into the school. Following after him, Edgar headed for the principle office instead of class. Teacher Kross was a sagely old man, and like all sagely old man in the world, he held his fair share of secrets. Edgar has always pondered why he is still working, being real old. Don't old people retire?

"Ah Edgar, how nice of you to see me..."
Teacher Kross is of mid height, has a slim built, and wore robes that wouldn't feel out of place in a mage's cabinet but he is clean shaven. His face held a wrinkle or two, but it did not disfigure the sight of a once plain looking man.

"What do you need, old prince."
"No respect for the elderly, damn, I hate these time changed times."

The two shared a small chuckle at the remark. Kross sat on a comfortable clothed chair, behind a simple wooden desk. Three plain wooden chairs were placed in front of the desk, to which Edgar took a seat with a sigh.

"Now, it has come to my attention of the event that happened just yester, from what i heard, that was one mighty push that you did."
"Why thank you." Edgar replied. Though he was 14, Edgar was unnaturally bright, and knew what game Kross was playing.
"Indeed, by my accounts, it was a shove that puhed someone by 10 feet, a rather startling fact."
"Naw, it was nothing, he just stumbled, took a few steps forward before falling with a splash."
"Now Edgar, my bow, we both know what it was. It was magic! I know that you do not wish to be relocated to a different school, but you have so much potential! The mage you could be!"
"But that is my choice." The stubborn boy replied, resolute.

Kross sighed, waving his hand in the universal gesture of 'go away'
"If that is what you choose. I understand your hesitance to part from your family and friends, perhaps, when you are older... Very well, off with you then. No longer will I be an excuse for you to not listen to Ms Klar's class."

Edgar left with a goodbye and headed off to class.

--------------------------------------------

A rock smashing thru his classroom window woke him up from his impromptu net faster then an eagle in a dive. He recollected his bearings as he looked about, still groggy from sleep. The classrom was in slight chaos, as everyone looked at the broken window. A boy was curious enough to pick up the rock, it's size that of a fist, and pooked his head past the window. All he saw was a giant shadow, and Edgar starred, horrified as a giant boulder smashed thru the classroom wall, collapsing a pat of it and instantly killing the child. His blood splattered on the nearby children, some who screamed, another who fainted in fear.
Edgar had fallen over in shock, and the desk kept him save from being splattered. It was all poor Ms Krar could handle, and she took control of the situation as best as she could.
"RUN!" She screamed, taking off out of the door. Many students followed her, but a few hid under their desks.

Hesitatingly getting back to his feet, the smell of blood sickened Edgar, and he desperately averted his eyes as he followed out. There is no way he would stay near a dead body. The hallwajys of the schol were no different from the classrooms, as everyone headed either towards the main door, which led to town, or towards the safest part of the school, the main hall, which is located directly in the center.

"It's raining rocks! It'll be suside to go out Scally!" someone shouted, and recognizing one of his crew mates, Edgar headed in that direction.
"No it's not, don't you get it? They are aiming for the school! It's safer outside!"
"Well it's nice knowing ya! good luck in hell!"

Edgar barely manage to catch a glimpse of grunt number one leaving, before he walked up to Scally.

"Oh, it's you." Scallymate said as he pulled on Edgar's hand. "We need to get out of here." He said, his voice apparently shaken from panic.
"Scallymate, in all the times you led, you better be right on this one."

His friend didn't reply, and the two headed towards the main doors.

----------------------------------------

((To be continued, is tired of typing.))

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

zewei
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!