Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

KOTOR --- Hope Rising (IC / Closed)

a topic in Video Games, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on video games.

KOTOR --- Hope Rising (IC / Closed)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Sun May 30, 2010 5:58 pm

A Long Time Ago...
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away...

Hope Rising --- OOC

Darth Thura

Darth Thura tapped her black leather boot impatiently as she searched through her wardrobe for the cleanest black robes. She believed firmly that her status as Sith Lord constituted the most dramatic costume that she could find and was reasonable for her station.

After donning a hooded robe, the woman stepped gracefully over to her console. Her face was a mask of apathy as she summoned her most recent dark apprentice. “Darth Olden!” she called out commandingly over her personal comm system.

The boy, for all of his flaws, responded within two seconds, his voice eager to please. “Yes, m'lady?” His voice echoed off of something steel and solid. He probably was already running through the storage units toward her chambers, knowing that she had important information to share with him.

That she did. And she had a present for him.

She had just drawn the dark hood over her blond hair as the door hissed and slid open. “Welcome, Olden. Please come here.” He did so, and she pointed with her scarred left hand at the console, where a diagram appeared in an instant. “That is Smuggler's Moon. Also known as Nar Shaddaa. That is where our Chosen One is.”

Olden's face split into a smile. Foolish boy. Show your exuberance later. “That's excellent, my lady. I'm assuming that we shall be moving in to take him in?”

Thura refrained from slapping him across the face. Her words were like poisoned honey as she replied, “No, you young fool. I've already made my move. I sent my most trusted servant in to capture him.” Olden did not look hurt. He was used to being insulted. He had accustomed himself to taking abuse from those who thought themselves better.

And it was for that reason that Thura had to give him his present.

He nodded respectfully. “I see then, Master.”

“Mistress.”

He acquiesced. Young fool. “I see then, Mistress. What is our move to be?”

She fingered the lightsaber in her left hand as she said, “We will do nothing.”

“But... why?”

She smiled; the grin crept across her face like ice-water. “I will be moving our fleet in toward the center, toward Bespin and that system, which will be our next target. And you...” She swung the lightsaber, activating it simultaneously, and slashed it across his chest; he fell to the floor, eyes still wide and staring in his last grimace. “You won't be joining us.”

Daena d'Ardeneta

The Padawan woke up. She didn't like flying much; it disturbed her internal clock far too much. She couldn't sleep. And eating was a bad idea, since she ended up losing anything she consumed.

Fortunately, the planet Nar Hutta loomed bright in the near distance. And, of course, its inhabited moon Nar Shaddaa followed it, a dark younger brother. Though her master had told her before not to be too excited to be in such a dangerous place, she couldn't help but feel exhilarated by the prospects of an adventure.

She, Daena d'Ardeneta, had been chosen for an actual mission!

Of course, she didn't try to fool herself too much. It wasn't as though she was the reason that she was on this assignment. It was her Jedi Master, Axel Talon. He was talented and wise. He would know how to accomplish this mission without too much strife.

Daena decided that it was time for her to gather her things and prepare to leave the ship. Grabbing her yellow lightsaber and the small satchel with her credits and med-packs, she skipped toward the front of the ship. “Master!” she sang out in her loudest voice. “Master! We're almost there!” She didn't even think about the fact that he might scold her for being so silly, no matter how close the two were.

Zhotar Zhan

Zhan didn't dare leave the apartment. Not at this time of day, when crime was at its peak for the day. Five o'clock in the afternoon. One would think that the most dangerous time would be late at night, or at least after dark; not so.

The abandoned apartment that she and Marrix had found was not exactly the safest place in the world. At least it was in the upper part of Nar Shaddaa. She didn't know much about the moon, but it seemed that it became more dangerous at the bottom of the large towers, which were miles tall. And no one would dare descend to the bottom levels of the planet, where it was said that strange monsters lurked in the dark.

The half-Nebari dusted off her robes as she stretched. “Marrix? Where are you, child?” she called out, concerned for her young charge. Though he might not be the most desirable youngster to take care of, he certainly was within her care, and she loved him. Not in a romantic way, since that would be creepy. But he was like the child she had never had, and so she acted as the mother he should have had.

That was the way it was.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Music
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: KOTOR --- Hope Rising (IC / Closed)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Virginian on Sun May 30, 2010 9:29 pm

Jaico Maion

Jaico put her ship down on to one of the docks. A dock worker tried to extort money from her as part of a protection racket. She broke his left hand and cut off one of his fingers. "Tell your boss if he wants money from me he will have to pry it from my cold dead hands after walking over the corpses of all his men." She then shot him in the knee. "Don't dawdle now." She taps the side of her helmet. "Engineer anyone tries to enter the ship, kill them." Jaico proceeds to the nearest bar.

She proceeds to a bar. It was known for it's ties to slave trading. It had been said about the bar if you had the coin you could buy anyone as your slave, just as long as you provided half up front.

Jaico walked up to a former contact, she pulled out a datapad that showed a very poor picture of her target it depicted a brunette child of the pre-teen to early teenage years wearing expensive clothing and what appeared to be a person in a blue robe. "I want the boy. The other one is collateral damage. I will fetch the brat for myself. Just give me the information." The guy tried to haggle with her. She punched him in the nose. "Give me the information and you will get your money if it is any good. If it is not good.. well I hope you are to attached to that left ear." Most low life scum knew they couldn't take on a Mandalorian, much less a Field Marshal. He rattled off an address for one of the upper levels of a tower. She left the bar and proceeded to the tower. She entered the elevator and engaged her stealth field generators. She waited in the elevator riding it up and down as the numerous buffoons got on and off all the while looking for her prey.

Engineer

Engineer hated this part of missions. He programmed the ship's sensors to provide a wake up call if anyone touched the keypad to the hatch. For some reason he couldn't program the ships guns to shoot the person instead of the wake up alarm. At least all he had to do was press a button to fire the guns, after making sure it wasn't someone who was allowed in. Engineer was dreaming of his homeworld. He had never been there before but he imagined it to be a lush green planet with giant hills and the thickest softest grass one could ever imagin.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Virginian
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:02 pm

Wolf Remedan

His feet was resting on the control panel of the ship as he watched the blue and white light in front of him that was hyperspace traveling. He was wearing a pair of thick dark brown leather boots, His trousers was also made out of leather and they were black though over them he was wearing a couple of white armoured pieces that protected him rather good. On his hands there were a pair of black gloves that sat firmly. On his chest he was wearing a green shirt and over it there was a closed dusty white coloured jacket. On his right and left waist belt it hanged two blasters that he wasn't afraid of using at any point and down by his right foot there was a combat knife attached.

Suddenly the blue and white light in front of him faded and he found himself close by a planet that he pretty much hated. Nar Shadda, one of the most crime filled moons on this side of the galaxy. His glove covered hand landed on his back head and as he smoothly passed it through the many small horns on his bald head and then down his tattoo filled face a thought hit him.

What if she knows I'm coming? It would be rather risky to just shoot her in the middle of the street. She is after all a criminal and it's a great chance that she got many friends and contacts here. I have to plan this if i ever want to have my revenge."

The person he was after both for crimes against the republic and personal matters was named Jaico Maion, a Mandalorian. She had caused much pain to him, but only indirectly as for now. Her actions had killed his wife and only son and almost cost him his rank as a first grade Republic officer. So he was very pissed off at this point but he wasn't about to throw his life away just to be able to make her suffer. No... he would make her suffer and still get away with it.

It only took a couple of minutes to land the ship he had bought from a old ex-smuggler friend that he had been working with on many occasions before. He locked the navi computer and the ramp on his way out plus he paid the dock chief a couple of credits before proceeding further in to the city. It was just a matter of time before he would find Jaico and have his vengeance once and for all.

Sibrand
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:30 pm

Axel stirred from his sleep. What started out as a simple meditation had slowly turned into a nap. Damn he hated getting old. He heard his Padawan calling out for him. "Yes, yes Daena I can see we are here" he said while rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

He still wasn't entirely sure what to think about the mission they had been given. There were rumors about a "Chosen One" every now and then and most of the time they turned out to be bogus and the rest of the time it just turned out to be a slightly above average force sensitive. It was obvious that the Jedi Council wasn't taking this entirely seriously, if they really believed there was a "Chosen One" here then they would have sent several Jedi Knights and Masters to take care of it, not one old Master and his Padawan.

Regardless Axel wasn't one to complain about it, orders were orders and any rate it got him out of the Temple for a bit and it would be good experience for Daena. Her first lesson today would have to be in being subtle. "Now before we exit the ship calm down for a second and listen. I'm sure you are well aware of the state of Nar Shaddaa. We will want to attract as little attention as possible, so be sure to hide your lightsaber and keep your pack close to you." He rose from his seat, ensuring his silver lightsaber was hidden beneath his cloak and walked towards the front of the ship. "And please, since we are trying to avoid drawing attention to ourselves, no skipping" he chuckled as he walked towards the front of the ship behind his padawan..
Orly?

Anderan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SousaTuba on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:07 pm

Marrix Qualprin

In a small window seat in the abandoned apartment sat a Marrix. A boy of fourteen, he hadn't yet started to grow, and could fit easily in the niche. It overlooked the vast city, of which there was no green. Leaning with his forehead pressed against the cool glass, Marrix gazed out into the city, watching the traffic and the citizens in the surrounding buildings.
He had heard many things about Nar Shaddaa, and longed to explore all the sections of the city.

The eyebrows of the young boy twitched, irritated by the voice of his caretaker. Although he was almost fond of her, Zhan always managed to snap him out of even the deepest thoughts. Grumbling, Marrix let out a slow groan, ascending into a pitchy whine. "What do you want, Zhan? I'm busy being bored!" He called, his mouthing turning down at the corners as it did when he was being particularly bratty.

Continuing his displeased noises to himself, Marrix slid off the window seat and stood. He stretched this way and that before padding down the hallway toward Zhan's voice. It had been certainly a nice enough apartment, but Marrix could only see it for its imperfections and dingy appearance. When Zhan had first found it, he had refused to step inside the place, afraid it was a rat trap and a disease-ridden hole. There had been no way, as he had said, that he would step inside such a place.

But, here he was. At least it was on Nar Shaddaa. Now he just had to find a way to slip away from Zhan...

SousaTuba
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:04 pm

Daena d'Ardeneta

"Right," Daena said, nodding, as she walked. "No skipping or messing around. We have a task." She could be wise... she just didn't choose to act in such a way very often. After all, she was strong and smart. She could easily get out of any trouble that she got into - with her cleverness and her lightsaber skill. The Jedi hadn't been completely off-base when they'd recruited her to become a Jedi Knight - a promotion that was mere months away. Less, depending on the planet.

Upon their arrival at the exit ramp, which was still shut, Daena pulled a long cloak out of her bag. Since it wasn't the typical Jedi robe, she would not be recognized immediately; rather, it was a form-fitting, stylish robe. It prevented passerby from seeing her pack, which strapped to the back of her thigh, or her lightsaber, which was on her other leg.

With a hiss, the hatch opened, and the Jedi stepped onto the landing pad of Nar Shaddaa.

After paying off the dock security to keep an eye on the ship, they headed toward... Daena didn't know. "Master, where are we going first?" she said with an attempted lowering of her voice. Axel Talon had been right; she wasn't going to enjoy spending time on this planet. Far too many had already leered at her for her comfort, and she walked closer to her Master.

Zhotar Zhan

Ah, there the boy was. Zhan smiled at him and gracefully stood. She had been fortunate; most slaves of her age would have long been beaten into oppression. However, her lot had been good among servants, and she kept most of her dignity. She had liberties beyond most of her kind, and her master fed her well. She had more than enough money with her to house both her and Marrix.

Smiling, Zhan bowed. "Young Marrix, we are in need of food. It is a dangerous time of day, and I don't want to leave you here by yourself, but the local security tells me that they will be more than sufficient to protect you from any intruders.

"I'm off to the market, where I'll get us some food. Then, later, I'll be off to the cantina to see what I can do about getting us a ship." Bowing again, Zhan picked up the coin purse. She didn't suspect that Marrix might try himself to leave the apartment; if she had, then she would probably have brought him along with her. As it was, she feared for his safety.

And rightfully so.

Music
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Virginian on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:40 pm

Jaico Maion

Had been riding the elevator where the wealthiest of the wealthiest lived for the last four hours. No sign of any kids the right age range nor any blue skins or blue robed people. "Engineer what is the next building where the rich bastard might be staying. I obviously over estimated the bastard's wealth. At least it wasn't a complete waste, I managed to steal enough creds to last a while."

Engineer relayed the coordinates for a second building to her HUD. She waited until the elevator emptied then decloaked. Once she reached the ground she headed in the direction of the second building.

The Virginian
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:03 pm

Wolf Remedan

Wolf took a heavy step in to a crowded streets and started to look at each person who passed him. It was too much to hope that she would walk straight in to his arms. Jaico had probably already moved elsewhere. Lucky for him he had already prepared himself. You see before arriving to Nar Shadda Jaico had been to another planet and that's where Wolf had sneaked onto Jaico's ship in hopes of assassinating her but found out that she had left it. He had avoided the cat-like crew member of the ship and found one of Jaico's belts. Beneath it he had attached a very small but effective tracking device that was hard as hell to find and even harder to get off. He cracked a smile as he brought up a small datapad in front of him. In front of him he saw a small dot on the datapad screen which were moving above him.

"She must be a level or two above me then." He thought as he started to scan the street around him, trying to find out how she got up. That's when it hit him. The Elevator! His eyes quickly sought out the elevator where a couple where arguing with what seemed like a security officer. Wolf quietly moved towards the elevator and the conversation started to get louder.

"This woman stole 200 Credits from me! I demand that you arrest her immediately, officer!" The man yelled and pointed with his small finger at the rather large woman.

"Do you have any--" The officer started but was quickly interrupted by the woman's loud and angry voice.

"Oh, so you're with him now?!" She almost screamed to the officer as she continued her rant. "Two big strong men against a defenseless woman, eh? What's happen with society?!"

"No I'm not but--" The officer started but was once more interrupted.

"So you refuse to arrest this thief then?!" The man asked in a upset manner.

The man and the woman continued to scream at the officer and the poor soul to officer just kept scratching his back head as he was trying to figure out what to do or say. None of them noticed Wolf when he got in to the elevator. The doors closed and Wolf picked the same destination where his 'target' had gone.

Sibrand
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:31 pm

Axel Talon

Axel walked along side his apprentice. He noticed she was walking a bit close to him, though he could hardly blame her, Nar Shaddaa was hardly the place for anyone other than scum, much less for a young girl. "Where are we going? Hmmm..." He thought for a short moment. "I suppose the best place would be to head to the local cantina first. It would probably be the best place to pick up on any possible leads, though be wary, even in the best of cities they tend to draw out the lowest crowds." As they walked together towards the cantina Axel search his head for what exactly it was they should be asking about. Asking people if they knew of any force sensitives was unlikely to achieve anything, other than perhaps drawing out some local Sith or giving away that some Jedi were on Nar Shaddaa. He supposed the best he could do would be to ask about any particularly unusual or perceptive persons in the area, all the while keeping his mind open in the hopes that he might sense the one they were looking for. There was no way of knowing for sure if they would find anyone, partly because this was quite likely a dead end and partly because there was almost no way to single anyone out on this planet. That was the magic of Nar Shaddaa, even if you weren't specifically trying hide here, it would take a hell of a lot to find you.

Anderan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Virginian on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:35 am

Jaico Maion

Jaico on her way to the second building saw a blue skinned woman leaving. She intentionally bumped into her to steal anything that might give away where in the building she was staying. She found no key card or anything like it. She got on the elevator after cloaking. In the elevator she decided to play with the rich bastards.There was a man and a woman. She pinched the butt of the woman on the same side as the man standing next to her. The Woman turned and punched the guy in the cajones.

She only expected him to get slapped in the face. She liked the girl. To bad she would most likely die young because she was to stupid to leave this hell hole.

When the elevators opened she looked for signs of security but didn't find any. They are either cloaked, plain clothes, or not stationed near the elevators. Since security is normally headquartered near the bottom of buildings assuming there is no central security headquarters for several buildings. She pressed the button for the first floor, to find security.

Engineer
Engineer was adjusting the camera angels to get a better look at the surrounding areas. "He looks familiar." He pulled up a file of people Jaico pissed off.

The Virginian
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SousaTuba on Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:27 pm

Marrix Qualprin

Marrix stood still, watching Zhan as she talked. His mouth was unpleasantly tight around the corners, first because of his displeasure, and then as he tried to hide a smile. Zhan was leaving, yes, leaving! And he was to be all alone.
Not in many years had he been left all alone. That was because...well, it hadn't turned out well the first time.

"Alright, Zhan" Marrix nodded, letting a small smile escape from his carefully controlled lips "don't get into any trouble! I'll just sleep..." He yawned for extra emphasis, rocking back on his heels as she moved towards the door. In all truthfulness, he hoped she wouldn't get hurt. After all, she was the only person he knew on the planet, and the only one who had any 'street smarts' to speak of.

As the door to the apartment swished closed, Marrix sauntered around back to the window seat. He waited a good twenty minutes before even going near the front door. He sat in quiet nervousness, the only noise in the room being the tapping of his foot against the cold metal floor. At the end of the twenty minutes he felt it was safe enough to move, and in his excitement Marrix bounded out of the apartment, swinging himself through the door, and straight into the elevator.
He had no idea where he was going, but it was going to be an amazing adventure. He could feel it deep in his bones..

SousaTuba
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:45 pm

Zhotar Zhan

The blue woman did not even see Jaico as she passed mere inches away. She was focused on her goal and on her purse.

She was not sure where the market was, unfortunately. All she could do was walk and hope that there would be a sign pointing her in the right direction. After all, Nar Shaddaa was a very dangerous place, and she was unarmed. All she could really do was stay out of trouble entirely.

Luckily, just then she sighted two friendly-looking people. An older man acompanied by a nervous-looking teenage girl. Neither wore the Jedi robes, but there was a confidence in their strides that could not have been matched by anyone else.

So when the girl turned and looked Zhan's way nervously, Zhan flagged them down, smiling kindly. If she was lucky, the Jedi would be able to help her with the ship situation. After all, they looked fresh from the docks, and Jedi tended to travel first-class. At least far enough to get her and Marrix off of that wretched moon.

Daena d'Ardeneta

As Daena paced alongside her Master, she felt the lightsaber dig into her shin. It was awkward, not having a weapon in hand among so many enemies. She was nervous and afraid. Even though she had the skills of the young Jedi that she was about to become, Daena still doubted her ability to simply whip out her lightsaber from such an awkwardly positioned place.

Then a woman with blue skin flagged her down. Hoping that Master Talon was following, she loped over. "Is something the matter?"

The woman, with her blue skin and lack of hair, was graceful and kind-looking. Obviously not a local. An offworlder, perhaps? When she spoke, it was with a slow accent, like wind chimes and cellos. "Yes. My young charge and I have been stranded here on Nar Shaddaa when our ship was stolen. Is there anything that you can do to help us off of this world?"

Daena turned to Axel Talon. It was his decision, after all. However, she remembered one of the many lessons of young Jedi: 'Always assist others, even if it is not your duty. The Force works in strange ways. You may come across something unexpected.' She waited for Master Talon's decision.

Music
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:59 pm

The Duros sector of Nar Shaddaa hadn't changed much in the last six standard months. Same old slime dripping from vents in the walls, same old smell of rusting metal and dank filth, same old flickering neon signs. The Smugglers Moon was still swarming with its name-sake, with vice-addicts and mob heavies, all trying to scrape out a desperate living in its teeming streets and dim alleyways.

Home, thought Jaq, with a grin, as the door of the Circe hissed shut behind him. And now to a cantina... He was still in a state of half-sardonic nostalgia when he rounded the corner of a street two blocks away from the hangar and almost walked straight into Clezo Tanwa.

With a hasty panic at odds with his previous easy-going stride, he ducked back behind the corner, his blasters already in hand. Clezo was not the person Jaq wanted to see right now. Or ever, actually. The Rhodian was a vicious little bastard who was behind a hefty proportion of the sector's organised crime and for some reason (that may or may not have had something to do with a card game) had it in for Jaq.

Fortunately, Clezo was oblivious to Jaq's undignified scramble back behind the corner. He was too busy getting into a covered hoverbarge, surrounded by a contingent of lackies and yes-men. With a deep whir the hoverbarge took off and by the time it had passed the end of the street, Jaq's blasters were back at his hips and he was pretending to inconspicuously examine the wall, his back to any inconvenient observant mobsters as they passed by.

Finally allowing himself to exhale, Jaq looked up at the murky darkness that perpetually hung over the walkways of Nar Shadaa as if to thank a non-existent god for saving him then turned on his heel and walked back the direction he'd come. There was a cantina that was much closer to the hangar just a couple of block from here. Sure, they didn't sell Arboite Twisters and their Dobri whiskey was no way near as good but it was within sprinting distance to the Circe in case any of Clezo's men decided to turn up...

Five minutes later, Jaq was in his element. Well, his other element. When he thought about it, he had two- the first was in the cockpit of a ship, the other was anywhere that sold alcohol. Maybe three, in fact. Did a woman count? He mentally shrugged and sat back in his chair in the corner of the cantina. As always (it was a habit that had become second nature by now) his back was to the wall and he was facing the door. He sipped his drink and, grimacing with pleasure at the fire it produced in the back of his throat, looked around the cantina with interest.

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Virginian on Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:48 am

Jaico Maion
Jaico killed the security guard on the first floor. She accessed the security cameras for the highest floors. She found a little kid who she thought was the target, she wasn't sure because the video was horrible. She was waiting by the elevator when the kid came out. "Sir I've been asked to escort you out of the building. We were instructed if anything were to ever happen to your care taker we were to escort you to a secure facility until further arrangements could be made." She wasn't sure this con would work, she hated doing them, especially when she had to make them up on the fly.

Engineer
"Hmm. He's not on the list. I know I seen that Zabrak somewhere before. Better get Mistress to look into when she gets back."

The Virginian
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:00 pm

Axel turned to the blue woman. She had said something about helping her get off the planet. While it wasn't exactly the most convenient of times for someone to be asking them for help getting off a planet they themselves just arrived on, as a Jedi he was bound to assist those who needed it. There was always a slight chance that this was simply a scam, this was Nar Shaddaa after all, but Axel could sense no ill-will in the woman and they could use the assistance of someone who had at least spent some time on the moon.

"We will do what we can to assist you, but I'm afraid you will have to wait a short while. You see, we are searching for a special someone and can not leave until we either find this person or verify that they are not here. At the moment we are heading to the local cantina to gather information. If you like, you can go fetch your charge and meet us there." Axel wasn't entirely sure where this would lead, but the force often worked in strange ways.

Anderan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:41 pm

Daena d'Ardeneta

Daena listened to her master, then turned to the blue woman. She seemed very respectful and peaceful. Daena, who was used to high-action, wasn't sure how much she liked the alien. Either way, she bowed slightly to the two Jedi, then said, "Thank you, Master Jedi." Then she was gone, presumably to retrieve her 'charge'.

Her accent was surprisingly human, thought Daena as they walked toward the cantina. Not that she was unused to the presence of aliens, but for the most part, aliens from planets unfamiliar to Daena tended to have strange accents that confused the young girl. It was rarely that their meaning was so well understood.

They continued on to the cantina, focused once more on their task. Daena tried to keep quiet, but finally a question bubbled to the surface of her mind. Unable to help herself, she lilted, "Master, do we know what this boy looks like?" After all, such a thing to know would be a miracle.

Zhotar Zhan

After her contact with the Jedi, Zhan decided almost instantaniously that it would be a good idea to follow the Master's advice and meet them at the cantina along with Marrix. So, turning, she went back the way she came.

As she entered the elevator (a different one entirely from Jaico and Marrix) she examined her thoughts of apprehension. What if she had been wrong and the two she had spoken with were NOT Jedi? She could be taking Marrix straight into a trap. They could be slavers, for all she knew. She may have already been a slave, but Zhan was well aware of the fortune in her situation; there were not many masters who would have given her such autonomy over her own fate. If she were captured on Nar Shaddaa, well, the situation would be made worse in general. There was a reason that her mother had given birth to her, despite her claims to the other possible reason.

Exiting the elevator, Zhan quickly made it back to the room, entering quietly and listening. There was an eerie lack of movement within the tower high above the planetary surface. In fact, the only sound that the alien woman heard was her own breath. "Marrix?" she called out, and then she began walking quickly to all the different rooms, calling out for her young master, charge, and adoptive child.

Marrix was gone.

Music
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SousaTuba on Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:30 pm

Marrix Qualprin

For the entire trip down on the elevator, Marrix had his nose pressed up against the thick glass. The buildings grew more immense and untidy the farther the descent, and Marrix's eyes were getting to be the size of dinner plates as he watched the world unfold in front of him. The building didn't reach all the way down to the lower levels, of course. The very bottom of it was still in a fairly nice area of Nar Shaddaa, the crime rate was much less.
The elevator slid to a smooth halt at the main floor, the doors swishing open to relieve itself of its passenger. Marrix stood looking onto the platforms and 'streets' a little longer, watching as aliens and humans alike went about their day. He was there long enough to hear a voice or two emanate from the lobby. The first voice was distinctly female, saying something or other about security. Marrix poked his head out of the elevator in curiosity, wondering what commoners got in trouble for.
He saw what he could only assume was a Mandalorian. The armor looked familiar to him, having only really seen a Mandolorian on the entertainment screen. He-or she, Marrix couldn't distinguish, was at least fifteen feet away near another elevator, talking to a boy who looked about his age. Not that he cared, really, it was all just observation. Marrix crept quietly out of his elevator, and out of the building itself, not wanting to distract the apparent authority figure from its duty cracking down on the delinquent poor.
Stepping out of the building, Marrix grinned. Overhead were hundreds, if not thousands, of air vehicles. Cargo barges to personal speeders, all at varying heights and glinting in the sunlight. At eye level, all different species of beings could be seen, walking along the platforms that jutted out from the sides of buildings. Marrix trotted over to the edge of the platform he was on and looked over the side. It looked as if there were miles and miles between himself and the ground.
Now the question was, what to do? Marrix began exploring. He walked along for a while, peering into different sorts of stores and such. He managed to stay in a pazzaak den for a couple minutes, before the owner threw him out. He stayed close to the building where he and Zhan had their apartment, despite all his want to go adventuring. He'd never admit it, to anyone or himself, but he did happen to be a little afraid.

SousaTuba
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Virginian on Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:13 am

Jaico Maion
When the kid started screaming about his mommy, Jaico wanted to punch the kid in the throat, she even balled up her right fist to do so. She silenced the incoming & outgoing audio. "Stupid kids all look alike." She then turned the audio up enough where it would sound like she was screaming even though she was speaking normally. "Shut up kid. Your mother is just fine, I got you confused with another boy." She then walked away. "Engineer, I'm getting really sick of this kid and I haven't even seen him yet. The Jedi will be looking for this blasted kid as well. Get me any information you can find on ships that came from planets with Jedi installations especially those with only two occupants on board, I doubt they send more than a master and his bitch for one kid. Let the 'good' guys do all the work and then I will kill them."

Engineer
Engineer began remotely hacking the database at the starport. "Mistress, you may want to keep an eye out for someone in your past. Couldn't find a record of him in your files but I know I have seen him before it is a Zabrak male." Jaico severed communications with Engineer for the moment.

Jaico Maion
Jaico re-engaged her incoming audio receptors. "Stupid kid shut up already. I told you your bloody mother is fine I got you confused with another child." The kid just wouldn't shut up and she was flat out tired of listening to him. She walked up to him with her pistol drawn behind her back. She patted him on the head and when he looked up at her but still crying for his mommy she blew his brains out. "I should have never taken this job. Only for her, only for her....." She leaves the building continuing to mumble only for her.

The Virginian
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!