Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Chronologists

The Chronologists

a part of “The Chronologists”, a fictional universe by NorthernSoul.

At 23 seconds after 11:43am on 17th of January 2086 the fabric of space and time crumbled. The Chronologists are the people who will put it back together again.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Chronologists”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The Chronologists

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby epicCANDY on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:12 pm

Hey Cypher, out of curiosity, where/when does Baygell know Aurélie from? :)
I don't want to go to heaven. None of my friends are there.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

epicCANDY
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:52 am

That would be giving things away, epicCANDY. And to everyone else, please do get plotting amongst yourselves. This RP is about time-travel- have a bit of fun with it!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:05 pm

Oh, you're not letting me spoil things? Northern, you're encroaching on my freedom of speech.

But yes, it was spoilers. Although it involves plotting on the part of myself and Northern, with you (and everyone else) kind of in the dark.
From the depths, I return!

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby epicCANDY on Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:19 am

Aww *pouts* okay. :P I suppose I'll just have to wait to find out and make wild speculations to entertain myself in the meantime. (Such as: Whoa whoa whoa Baygell recruited Eliza in the future or something!?!?! What's going on here!? XD )

epicCANDY
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sevis on Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:25 pm

Sorry for the timing, but I'll be on holiday for around a week. NorthernSoul, feel free to control Theodore if it's necessary. I'll try to get a post in tomorrow morning about him busying himself with something, but the last few days have been rather chaotic, and I have the feeling tomorrow will be no different.

Still looking forwards to this. ^^

Sevis
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:18 pm

epicCANDY wrote:Aww *pouts* okay. :P I suppose I'll just have to wait to find out and make wild speculations to entertain myself in the meantime. (Such as: Whoa whoa whoa Baygell recruited Eliza in the future or something!?!?! What's going on here!? XD )

Oh, I am so going to jack everyone up with my mysterious "background".

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby epicCANDY on Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:21 am

I'm just wondering whether it makes sense for Aurelie herself to have no recollection of him, or if she should vaguely recognise him from somewhere?

epicCANDY
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:42 am

Nope, Aurelie should not recognise him. Don't worry- all will become clear. Eventually...

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby epicCANDY on Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:53 am

Hehe okay. This is going to be all twisted and convoluted, I can tell...

epicCANDY
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:01 am

Oh and Sevis- don't worry about Theodore. We'll just assume he's tagging along and you can jump back in whenever. Thanks for letting me know!

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sevis on Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:22 pm

I'd like to know a little more specifically about how this translating device works. Does it convert languages the character doesn't know to ones he does on the fly, or does it give them knowledge of words they've not known so far? In the second case, could my character stumble on concepts he's never heard of before (for instance, gravity) while thinking? How technical is this knowledge -- will he be able to understand technobabble if he hears it? Does it allow him to recognise names he hasn't heard of before?

I'm back, by the way, and will try to get a post in today or tomorrow.

Sevis
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:00 pm

By the way it was spoken about in character, I believe it translates the language, but doesn't give you any background info. Although I suppose that Northern could alter that any time, given that she's the GM.

Cypher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:42 pm

Cypher is indeed correct! Sorry for any confusion...

And on another note- get posting people!

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:31 pm

Don't yell at me; I posted yesterday >_>

Cypher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sevis on Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:07 pm

Sorry! I promise to post tomorrow, got distracted by other things today.

Sevis
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soviet Rei on Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:19 am

No one's interacted with Zhukovsky XD

Soviet Rei
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:27 am

Then interact with someone yourself!

Also- the exchange between Eliza and Aurelie is taking place in another room as they get changed, Cypher. Baygell can't hear them.

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby epicCANDY on Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:15 am

Maybe the door opened just as they reached the end of that conversation? :\

epicCANDY
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:13 am

I like that better than the solution I had previously come up with.

Cypher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:15 pm

OK, that's fine I guess but next time if you're unsure of where action is taking place then just ask.

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!