Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Need Help With RPG Chat!!

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Need Help With RPG Chat!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Assassin on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:52 am

The chatroom feature has been acting strange for some reason. When I click on the RPG Chat tab, it asks me to "Please select your roleplay", and of course the link to The Multiverse chat is shown, along with a sidelink to View All Roleplays too. Now that of course has always been normal, but the strange thing happens when I click on the link to The Multiverse chat.

It signs me into The Multiverse: Chat screen, but my window is completely blank. I don't see any names in the User list. I don't see any text in the main window, IC or OOC. And also, my list of RPG characters doesn't show up on my side screen. It's as if I have no registered characters, and the chatroom is completely empty. If I try to refresh the page, nothing happens, it stays the same. I don't get any kind of 504 error.

Now when I switch to a different room, for instance, if I go from Gambit's Bar to The Multiverse, then all of a sudden everyone's name appears on my User list. But my character profile still doesn't show up, and my name doesn't appear in the User list, either as Assassin or as a guestuser. It's as if I'm not there at all. And when I switch rooms, I can see text sometimes, but my chat window doesn't refresh, so I can't see what people are typing. It's as if I can't log into the chat, almost like I'm not signed in or something. But the tab at the top of the page says I am signed in as Assassin and gives me the option to logout. If I refresh my screen, the same problem occurs. If I log out and log back in, the same problem still occurs.

This never happened before. Could someone please help me?
Thank you... ^_^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Assassin
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Need Help With RPG Chat!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Assassin on Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:06 pm

13 views and still no replies. I tried signing in today, and the same thing happened. Help?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Assassin
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Need Help With RPG Chat!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortexiphanGirl on Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:42 pm

Hmmm, I am no computer guru... So I'm afraid what I say probably won't be all that helpful >.<

What internet browser are you using?

I know that sometimes I get a hiccup like this with Google Chrome, but usually refreshing the page or popping chat into its own window solves it.

I wish I could be of more help! The only thing my non-computer brain can think of would be to try a different web browser, thus eliminating or pinpointing if that is the source of the problems?

-Lilaiy

CortexiphanGirl
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!