Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

help

a topic in The Academy, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

Wanting to improve your writing? The Scholars are here to help! Find guides, tutorials, and even 1-on-1 mentoring threads here!

help

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lost-soul78 on Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:34 pm

im wondering if there are any good role plays that like are really good for someone who likes wolfs fighting and alot of action i dont see any often especially ones that are in character

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

lost-soul78
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: help

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:20 am

Hello there lost-soul78. I'm not completely sure what kind of role play you're exactly looking for, so instead of trying to find one to suit you without knowing for sure what you are after I'm going to teach you a few ways to help navigate the Roleplay listings and how to use our tag search system to look for roleplays tagged with specific keywords.

First of all, I would like to point you to the Role Players Wanted forum, which is where you will find threads where GM's look for players for their roleplay and advertise more info about it.

Now, I'll explain a bit about the tag system. Simply put, tags are user selected keywords that are used to "tag" an RP. These tags can then be used by a variety of search methods to find an RP. For example, say I create a roleplay about Wolves, and I include fighting in it. In order to make it more visible to others interested in that kind of thing, I would tag the roleplay with the words 'Wolves", and "fighting" to make it more visible.

Now, there's several ways to use the tag system to find things. One of the quickest and most direct ones is to simply do a tag search. http://www.roleplaygateway.com/tag/ is our master tag page and the quickest way to do a tag search. In it you will see a lot of random words, some will be relatively huge, while others will be relatively tiny. The bigger and brighter colored a word is, the more popular it is as a tag.

Now, on that same page, you will see a search box near the top. You simply enter the tag you're interested in finding, say, "Fighting" and a list of all of the roleplays and topics with that tag in it will appear.

Another way to use the tag system is to use the filters under the Roleplay Tab.
From the Roleplay tab, you will see it says "Manage your filters" near the top. You click on there and two small columns will appear under it. One headed by "Ignore Roleplays tagged with..." and the other headed with "Highlight Roleplays tagged with...". You simply write the tags you are NOT interested in on the ignore box, and the ones you are interested in on the highlight box, and hit their respective buttons. Now, anything on the ignore part will be hidden, and anything on the highlight section will be highlighted and be easier to located as you search around for a Roleplay of your interest.

I wish you luck in finding a Roleplay you enjoy, and if you need more help or have further questions, feel free to post here, PM me, or PM any other Mentor and we'll be glad to help.

-Dashmiel,
RPG Global Moderator and Mentor.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!