Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Ever After

Ever After ,

a part of “Ever After”, a fictional universe by whatsername_x.

through the looking glass, down the rabbit hole, under the sea, in your wildest dreams lies the Grimmsland, the place where all childhood stories and rhymes originated. but under the rule of the tyrannical Queen of Hearts, is it really happily ever after?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Ever After”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Ever After ,

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Unicorn Luv on Fri May 27, 2011 12:41 pm

I'd say just starting out, but to the point where everyone knows there is a rebellion. So they start to become a nuisance to the Queen of Heart's soldiers!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Unicorn Luv
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Fri May 27, 2011 3:23 pm

Maybe we should start in the middle of the mission. Figure out the details ooc and start there.

Otherwise, we'll start in a boring "planning" session.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby whatsername_x on Fri May 27, 2011 3:42 pm

The only real qualms I would have with your suggestion Shanatos is that usually people need to figure out their relationships with other characters first, but I'm going to say that we should all figure it out here. On other RP'ing sites I've been on, they usually had a plotting section just for that, so suggestions on what character relationships should be as far as how friendly they are could go in here.

One mission I had in mind was breaking off a group of characters to go and search for the Beast's Castle, so if anyone would like to volunteer their character for that, go ahead. Another one would be a member of the rebellion trying to infiltrate they Queen's Palace, to get someone on the inside. My brain's somewhat frazzled after a week of exams and writing up profiles, so if anyone else has any ideas, go ahead and throw them on the table.
{ can i be the only hope for you? because you're the only hope for me }

laurenn && larii
my h e a r t is like a b o m b ♥

whatsername_x
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Designation Kik on Fri May 27, 2011 5:01 pm

Everyone could be in some kind of mission that goes pretty badly so they decide to retreat to Permafrost. That way Willy and the snow queen could get in on it pretty quickly.
Come to the edge,
We can't, we're afraid,
Come to the edge,
We can't, we will fall
Come to the edge,
And they came
And He pushed them
And they flew
--Guillame Appolinaire

Designation Kik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Fri May 27, 2011 11:01 pm

Taht could work too.

I just don't want the "you in a room full of strangers" section because that's kinda boring.

A novel usually wouldn't start out there, a good one wouldn't for a reason, so a bit of pre-game powwowing would be a fair bit.

Deciding on my second character. Torn between either the protagonist from "The Boy Who Went Forth To Learn What Fear Was" or the unkind sister from "Diamonds and Toads". Hmm.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Designation Kik on Sat May 28, 2011 8:26 pm

So, this is something no one cares about, but the queen of hearts' name should be Asmilde du coeur, not de le. you have to contract de le. It won't let me change it officially...

anyway, back to things we all actually care about :)

Designation Kik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby whatsername_x on Sun May 29, 2011 2:25 pm

Designation Kik - gah, sorry! I'll get that fixed up in a few seconds on the first page :)

Shanatos - I agree with you about the room full of strangers thing. I've already thrown up two ideas about finding the King, and infiltrating the Palace, but if anyone else has any ideas they'd like to throw on the table go ahead. And take your time deciding on your character, I've still to write up my second profile sheet. I'm sure they'll be fantastic whichever you choose :)

And apologies for not posting this yesterday - life. Blah.

whatsername_x
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Designation Kik on Sun May 29, 2011 5:44 pm

dont sweat it whatshername, i just cant believe I wrote it like that at first :) Too bad I cant fix it on my character sheet though. ah well.

I think that maybe we should think about finding the king after willy and shiara join the group that way they can all do it together and maybe finding him would be the catalyst they have for deciding to mount an attack on Asmilde's palace.

Designation Kik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby whatsername_x on Sun May 29, 2011 5:48 pm

I'm up for that. Maybe a few people could go out to Shiara's palace, to try and recruit her? And just a question - would you guys like it if we started in the middle of the action, like, literally the characters being chased by maybe guards, or animals, or anything? Just a thought on how to start off :)

whatsername_x
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Designation Kik on Sun May 29, 2011 6:59 pm

it's always better to start off with some action, even if the characters take care of it really quickly after that. it sets a good pace.

Designation Kik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Mon May 30, 2011 1:12 am

whatsername_x wrote:
And apologies for not posting this yesterday - life. Blah.

Ah, life. My greatest enemy.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby whatsername_x on Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:22 am

And again, life. My sister's wedding is this Friday, so it's all a bit hectic trying to sort it out. As of now though, it doesn't seem like anyone else is joining, though maybe we could recruit a few more people later. So, would anyone have any objections with me putting up a starting post soon, just to get us going, and get some plots going? If you're all still interested, that is.

whatsername_x
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:47 am

Well, I'm still around. Dunno if anyone else is.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Unicorn Luv on Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:21 pm

disapointed with how few showed, personally I liked the idea, and I like my character idea... Maybe you should restart? But with a few tweaks here and there, since we would need to attract people's attention.

Unicorn Luv
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby whatsername_x on Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:40 am

Alright guys, I think I'm going to re-start this. Like you've said, there hasn't been a great turnout, and I admit that I really started it at the wrong time, with too much going on in my life to really put as much effort into this as I could. Everything has calmed down now though, at last, so keep an eye out if you're still interested, and I'll work on adjusting the idea a little. Thanks for showing so much interest in the first place though, you guys are awesome.

whatsername_x
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:34 pm

Yay. I'll keep an eye out for the reboot.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!