Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Certain Dungeons and Dragons 3.5e Campaign

A Certain Dungeons and Dragons 3.5e Campaign

a part of “A Certain Dungeons and Dragons 3.5e Campaign”, a fictional universe by FaeFire.

This is the official RP tab for the Dungeons and Dragons Campaign hosted by FaeFire and DM'd by Cheater0611. Enter... if you dare! Mwhahahah

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A Certain Dungeons and Dragons 3.5e Campaign”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] A Certain Dungeons and Dragons 3.5e Campaign

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:18 am

Last I counted, we had two bards, a literate Barbarian, a Cleric, and... whatever Zetta picks... And who knows what else. Shanatos said something about a rogue? I don't know.

Perhaps we are missing something in the rogue/ranged fighter department? Hell if I know. I don't think it matters really, just as long as you have fun, I suppose.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetta on Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:16 am

I'm rolling a Warblade with a Spiked Chain. Mostly for melee asskicking and whatnot.

Edit: Updated my character sheet. There's a link on the previous page and whatnot. Basically, I changed my Race to Human, made myself a pure Warblade, and tweaked around with Feats. I managed to fiddle around enough to get my hands on Thicket of Blades, and changed around a few other things.
fisssh

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zetta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:12 am

Talisman wrote:Last I counted, we had two bards, a literate Barbarian, a Cleric, and... whatever Zetta picks... And who knows what else. Shanatos said something about a rogue? I don't know.

Perhaps we are missing something in the rogue/ranged fighter department? Hell if I know. I don't think it matters really, just as long as you have fun, I suppose.

I was going to do a mage with a side focus on rogue skills.

So, archers, rogues, straight arcane casters would be the roles we don't really have, though it doesn't really matter.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetta on Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:03 pm

shanatos, run teh batman wizzard lulzorz roflmao

Zetta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaeFire on Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:54 pm

I guess since Shantos has bravely taken up DMing again... I'll PM you something I found its homebrew but its kind of balanced.
"Pain is madatory, Misery is Optional"

Well, we can't salute ya, Can't fly the flag. If that don't suit ya, well that's a drag!!!

FaeFire
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamerXx on Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:09 am

So I'm thinkng either elfin ranger or human wizard. I'll play around with both and pick the one I like best... maybe a hybrid if I can get onto the character builder on wizards.com...

I'm a Dreamer, Poet, Lover, and Friend, and I will always have open arms.

DreamerXx
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:32 am

FaeFire wrote:I guess since Shantos has bravely taken up DMing again... I'll PM you something I found its homebrew but its kind of balanced.

My name has a second 'a' in it, by the way. :D

DreamerXx wrote:So I'm thinkng either elfin ranger or human wizard. I'll play around with both and pick the one I like best... maybe a hybrid if I can get onto the character builder on wizards.com...

Man if this was a gestalt campaign you could do both!

Shanatos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamerXx on Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:17 pm

So I made sheets for both a ranger and a wizard, and I pretty much fell in live with my wizard! =^_^= there's just something about an arrogant, paranoid, cynical wizard! so I'll be filling the role of resident spellcaster, if you don't mind!

DreamerXx
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetta on Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:39 pm

Heh, wizards. You're right, there isn't anything like an arrogant, paranoid and cynical wizard. So now we have two bards, a wizard, a cleric, and a warblade. A Barbarian as well if cheater is still on this. Which sounds like a pretty reasonable part, although we really don't have too many options for the typical rogue-ish role.

Here's my updated character sheet. It's basically the final draft, although I do have to tack on a personality.

Zetta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:43 pm

Looks like I need to find the Tome of Battle to see what's going on over there.

Also, I see my bard bending back his Rapier and flicking someone on the ear...

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetta on Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:58 pm

A lot of crazy shit goes down in the Tome of Battle. It's basically a Fighter's dream. A lot of the maneuvers and stances, as well as several of the feats, are just amazing. There's a lot of stuff in there for all sorts of melee builds, including Unarmed. It really is worthwhile to look into. So long as you're a melee fighter, taking a look at Tome of Battle is pretty much worthwhile. I just hope that Shanatos won't kill me for using certain combinations involving Stormguard Warrior and Thicket of Blades.

And I see my Warblade using his spiked chain to set up a hammock. May or may not be with the corpses of recently-deceased foes.

Zetta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:12 pm

never mind, double post
Last edited by Shanatos on Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:18 pm

Zetta wrote:Heh, wizards. You're right, there isn't anything like an arrogant, paranoid and cynical wizard. So now we have two bards, a wizard, a cleric, and a warblade. A Barbarian as well if cheater is still on this. Which sounds like a pretty reasonable part, although we really don't have too many options for the typical rogue-ish role.

Here's my updated character sheet. It's basically the final draft, although I do have to tack on a personality.

Oh. Dude. Dude. No Flaws. Sorry. But everyone knows they don't really hurt you.

Zetta wrote:A lot of crazy shit goes down in the Tome of Battle. It's basically a Fighter's dream. A lot of the maneuvers and stances, as well as several of the feats, are just amazing. There's a lot of stuff in there for all sorts of melee builds, including Unarmed. It really is worthwhile to look into. So long as you're a melee fighter, taking a look at Tome of Battle is pretty much worthwhile. I just hope that Shanatos won't kill me for using certain combinations involving Stormguard Warrior and Thicket of Blades.

And I see my Warblade using his spiked chain to set up a hammock. May or may not be with the corpses of recently-deceased foes.

If by "not kill you" you mean "totally let you do whatever want" and then sic my haxxed out NPCs on you... then don't worry, I won't kill you.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetta on Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:56 pm

Sorry 'bout that. Oh well, Stand Still was just there to look cool anyways. I won't be needing it, so I'll just toss that and Glory-Hound out.

And it's not really super-cheesy and broken or anything. I'm just taking advantage of the synergistic effects between various feats/maneuvers that give me AoO's and Stormguard Warrior. There still are plenty of weaknesses present. I won't be growing in power as quickly as your archetypal wizard would, though.

Zetta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaeFire on Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:45 pm

Well I've opted out from Cleric and to being a Druid healer/Soulbinder mofo.
I can just about see my character turning into a honey badger, just to not give a shit.

FaeFire
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamerXx on Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:19 pm

question, are we using standard 3.5e rules and class building? Because it seems like everyone is using 4e class building, and that would mean an easier time with spellwork and the like for me, especially considering we're using openRPG

DreamerXx
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:28 am

yeah, standard 3.5

I have no clue as to anything in 4e

Shanatos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamerXx on Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:32 am

ah alright darn! having the wizard's curtain ritual would have been awesome!

ok ok, I'll have a full sheet up as soon as I can.

DreamerXx
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:48 pm

DreamerXx wrote:ah alright darn! having the wizard's curtain ritual would have been awesome!

ok ok, I'll have a full sheet up as soon as I can.

I admit, I've heard of the whole "ritual" thing, and kind of like the concept.

Also, one addition: anyone who plans to craft items or cast certains spells, will instead cost expensive material components rather than XP. Basically, you don't lose XP once you get it.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cheater0611 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:09 pm

I'm sorry about not being on, life got pretty hectic with halloween, school, and some other bs. I hadn't been able to get on a computer with a halfway decent conection until tonight. So, if you guys are ok with me running my Barb, I will. So I don't think that I will be able to play this week do that i have a massive paper to be preparing for that night. The teacher talked about it in class today and he said the rubric was going out 2marrow. So i'm gonna be doing that all night. Stupid 10 page essays. T-T
WARNING: The preceding post contained one of the following:
A: Sarcasm
B: Humor
C: Tasteless Humor
D: Humor that might have gone over your head and you thought I was serious.
E: All of the above
F:None of the above
G: Any combination of A, B, C, and D you can think of.
I reject your reality and replace it with my own.

cheater0611
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!