Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

At The Edge of the World

At The Edge of the World [Fantasy/Sci-Fi]

a part of “At The Edge of the World”, a fictional universe by ShadowWake.

On Ista in the world of Indri'Enis, the medieval indigenous Teela have discovered a means of reaching the great expanse of the stars in Star-Ship made of Erythoril.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “At The Edge of the World”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] At The Edge of the World [Fantasy/Sci-Fi]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kestrel on Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:00 pm

Good fun; every second closer to December, eh? Good luck on those.

'sides, we haven't posted our selves yet. Well, except for Hydrall, anyway ;p
Do you come from a land down under?
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kestrel
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hydrall on Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:01 pm

It is a strange feeling, being somewhat on top of things. O_o
"In Latin America, they say that the spirit world is a dark place, empty but for all of the human nightmares and regrets they left behind; the journey through it is long and hard. Every time you write, or draw, or create something new, you light a beacon fire in the spirit world to guide and protect the dead on their journey to the afterlife. Think about that the next time you write, and know that no matter how little it is, you have helped them on their way."

Audino - Surprisingly Amazing!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hydrall
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hedya on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:14 am

If you need anything that I can do, I'm there for you, SW. :)
Strength is not the answer, I can tell you that.

Hedya
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowWake on Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:38 pm

Right guys. Problems resolved (sort of) but either way I have a mahoosive post for y'all! Don't be too daunted by it: this is essentially what I will call a QP or 'Quest Post'. I have tried to provide something for everyone to respond to, and a hint of what's to come in the next story-arc. Yes, you've guessed it: it's to do with Isiah.

Once everyone's responded to this post, I will plop the first post in the 'Isiah' Place tab! You can then respond to that post in the same place. Hedya and Hydrall, Ymber and Daller are welcome to come see the passing of Isiah as well, but I wanted to give them something important to do as well rather than just watching the moon go by. I hope you don't mind!

Oh and yes, I will be posting a character sheet for Deena. Michaele will be taking a bit of a back seat (although there will be one or two posts) - particularly once Recon One get out in the field. But also, as I know Daller's not always going to be dragged along I wanted to have another character he can interact with on the ship. Plus, her skills will fill the large 'magic' gap I feel I'm missing at the moment.

So yeah, take your time guys. You've been very patient with me on this one but hopefully this post'll make up for it! :)

ShadowWake
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hedya on Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:21 pm

I'm glad the problems are solved, even if "only" sort of? :) That's the most important!

The post's great, and I enjoyed the read! Will write about Stella and Ymber's bit before they got to the room. They won't have much interaction before the meeting. We'll see about after!

I feel Stella will want to get along with Deena, since she has magic notions (mainly healing) and wants to learn more. She's a nice addition I feel.

Will be posting soon, as it's late now.

Hedya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kestrel on Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:29 pm

Right, right, posted. Sorry guys, for the lack of interaction with the people I haven't interacted with yet... But Shadowwake keeps dumping so much problems on poor, poor Jean ;p I'll get to it as soon as storytelling allows me to ;p

Kestrel
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hedya on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:29 pm

I'm such an idiooooot!! Just as I was clicking the button, I was realising I had done it in the wrong place. Curse me.

*Sigh*, I've posted!

Hedya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowWake on Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:00 pm

No...no... that's Michaele, Kestrel; ShadowWake would wrap Jean up in a warm fuzzy blanket and feed him hot coco for hours on end. :D

But honestly, if you feel it's not in his personality or skills to do any or some of the things requested, you are welcome to pass them on or question it. Michaele feels quite proud that he's managed to situate someone 'trustworthy' into that role (and it means his dirty boots never leave the bathtub - at least until the red carpet has been laid), lol. Jean is essentially doing what Michaele would've been asked to do, except the lordling in question has obviously gone to his superiors and said: "I have a man for just the job" to make it look like it was his idea all along, which - as Jean quite rightly points out - it was. Or at least the plan was to promote whomever he believed most competent (i.e. so as not to blacken his name with any mistakes).

And good posts guys! Love Ymber's reaction: Michaele's been given a bit of a shock methinks! And it'll be fun to see how him and Deena work together, lol.

I'll save posting yet, to give everyone else a chance first. :)

ShadowWake
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kestrel on Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:52 am

Oh, Jean WILL question them but he won't pass them. While he will hate being responsible for any hostile military actions, this way he will also have the power to prevent such things. As a general he has authority that can overrule Micháele's when it comes to military decisions and that's not something he's going to pass up.

Kestrel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iggi on Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:16 pm

Is this roleplay still open to characters? =x I recognize that it's on the launch date currently, so I can adjust to that if you'd allow: i.e. stowaway, etc.

Iggi
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hydrall on Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:35 pm

That'd be interesting. Stowin' away on a spaceship- pretty much the crowning moment of vagrancy. You would be the Uberhobo, the Homeless Jesus.

Also, I'm still here, just a bit stuck on what to post. >_>

Hydrall
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowWake on Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:53 am

Hullo Iggi! Yes, I'm still taking on passengers, lol. Pop up your character sheet and I'll take a look. I only ask that you read the intro post and QA section before you write to make sure that you've got all the context. :) Give me a shout if there's any character in particular that you think would be good to find you or whether you want your 'stowaway' secret hidden and we'll sort something out.

In regards to posting Hydrall, we are in an inbetweeny bit at the moment, so I totally understand. I will respond as Michaele to Ymber this weekend and then to save the boring writing of collecting supplies, you both can go and collect Deena.

ShadowWake
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kestrel on Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:36 pm

Guess who is tuning into our speed ;)

Kestrel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kestrel on Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:46 pm

So, how was your month, people? :P Thought I'd liven things up a bit with a post.

Kestrel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowWake on Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:00 pm

Lol, sorry guys. Will be back into the swing of things this weekend. Fraz is out for nearly the whole day so I can take the quiet moment to post.

And my month's been fine - though a little less of the family for a bit would be great, lol. No, it was lovely to see them all but I'm looking forward to some more 'us' time. And I got me a Warhammer Dreadfleet for crimbo so painting that's been taking up a lot of my time! But I don't really mind that of course... ;)

And y'all?

ShadowWake
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kestrel on Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:10 pm

Busy. College been a bitch last month. Got more to do over the weekend and I'm semi-desperately practicing escapism 'cause it's driving me mad. Don't wanna hear about it, trust me. Other than that the holiday season was pretty good, albeit a bit quiet, when school slows down I'm gonna pick up swimming and a couple friends and I are considering putting up a small company. My own RP has been pretty solid, too. So yeah that's about it.

Kestrel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hydrall on Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:52 pm

I'm still here and alive, though I've mostly been distracted with end of senior year stuffs.

... I still haven't posted, though. D: Sorry!

Hydrall
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hedya on Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:48 pm

Busy, busy, busy!! Like, seriously. Family all over the place. Lots of studying Japanese. Lots of scheduling my tutoring of the kids, and starting a bit of a job as a reporter. And of course, I continue with my small Internet job, which doesn't take a lot of time, but it does take a little.

And hear me, my friends! Lots of small amounts of time = a big amount of time! :)

Glad to see you're all doing fine!

Hedya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowWake on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:56 pm

Nice to see I'm keeping my promises...

On a plus side, we have a new RPer - Oflonglife - who has prompted me to be a bit more vigilant with the RP (or at least my posting in it) simply by showing an interest! I doubt I'll get chance during the week but I definitely will post at the weekend, so we can get this kick-started again and at least give Oflonglife a chance to get into the story.

And last (but by no means least), Welcome Oflonglife! Firstly, may I ask your gender (lol) simply so I don't keep mistaking whether you are he/she! Secondly, you are welcome to pop up an introductory post for Mastrame: it doesn't really matter where you are, but you can interact with Dee if you wish to. She will be in the Academy at a desk somewhere scribbling in her memoir and surrounded by books! Or you can wait 'til the weekend when I will post both Sol/Michaele and Dee. :)

ShadowWake
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hedya on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:03 pm

We're going on. It's just we do it at our pace! :)

Welcome, Oflonglife!

Also, I posted... and *gasp* on the right tab, too!!

Hedya
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!