Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Return of Netharzeem

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Return of Netharzeem

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:18 pm

Drax
The city of Snowieview on the edge of the Snowsilver Moor, the eastern quarter, the Aunriel Republic.
Freycrest Tower

Drax bit back a mild curse as he silently agreed with the woman. It was true, what did wizards need with immortality or gold? He had clearly miscalculated his moves, so there was only one thing to do now. “Well, you have a most valid point. So allow me to offer this instead, myself and my services. I’ll help you find your missing spell and whatever else you desire, be it from this world or another.”

Drax prayed to Netharzeem that the wizard would find just a small pinch of greed for what he could gain. He wasn’t playing the usual game where he could throw cheap promises about nor could he just ditch his helpers and abandon them to their own fate. He had to stay on this world to open the portal and leaving the world would mean he’d spend decades (at least) just to return and that was the last thing that he desired.

“Consider it much like the service of a djinni, except for the speed perhaps,” Drax added, hoping his layers of promises and good-sayings would pay off.
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:54 pm

Alexander

The city of Snowieview on the edge of the Snowsilver Moor, the eastern quarter, the Aunriel Republic.
Freycrest Tower

Alexander stared unimpressed with this....Etherion named Drax, as he spoke of his race's unaging life, granted to them blah blah blah. Was that the best thing he could think to offer a wizard, who hadn't aged a day in rough fifty years? Then the visitor pulled out a compass, something he had borrowed from the god before the divine being was locked away. A pretty babble, it would look nice in his collection and if all it did was help this fool in finding this world, it would do nothing to help extend his life any further. He should simply destroy the sod with a blast of energy and take anything that was left behind, much easier that way.

However, before the wizard could even feel for the energy to use in his spell work, his gift (who was in truth part spy and part bribe) for the evening slipped away from him, just a little. Her laugh was delicious and her slight mocking of the intruder, layered with praise for his own abilities was sweeter then spiced elfish wine. The hand stroking his arm was a nice touch but a little voice inside his head kept wondering aloud, was it the caress of an awed lover or more akin to an owner stroking a prized hound? The purr in her voice drowned that little voice, as she turned to speak to him, seeing if he would allow this Etherion to live if he could help in the quest she wanted to go on.

"I am not yet committed to this course of action" he said finally. At the same time, his mind reached out with a thread of air, plucking a small bell from the wreckage of a desk. As the magic user spoke, the air shook the bell, which caused no noise that anyone within the bedchamber could hear. To the dozen or so reptilian chimeras in the tower however, the ringing was like ear splitting gong of a massive alarm bell, ringing in there ears. Claws scrapped against stone, as they leap up from their pallets and raced for the master's bedchamber.

"But" continued Alexander, his arm wrapping around the servant of Maklail, hand cupping her breast, "Priestess Vloria is and she has earned enough from me, that I will not end someone who will swear himself, in the name of Netharzeem, to serve her."

As the wizard stopped speaking, the door swung open, admitting his servants. The chimeras didn't look around as they pushed inside and threw themselves on the floor, waiting their master's commands. He smiled, watching Drax, wondering if he would be issuing commands for the reptile men to prepare a room for him or letting them drag the sod off, to be eaten alive.
Last edited by Irish Wolf on Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:13 pm

Vloria

Freycrest Tower

Vloria released her breath slowly as Alexander wrapped an arm around her, cupping her bare breast as he did so. She was still looking at Drax but her head went back to lay against the wizard. Vloria had known that Alexander wasn't yet commited to doing this and he confirmed it.

The doors opened and Alexander's servants entered and threw themselves to the floor. Vloria's mind raced. She needed Drax to swear to her in order to ensure that Alexander would not kill the man. She had a taste of his power, knew that he could do it without a second thought.

Her eyes went wide, a smile graced her lips and she tilted her head back to look up at the wizard. "My lord wizard you honour me. I did nothing but enjoy your talents but I humbly accept the gift." Vloria looked back at Drax, "If he would so swear of course."

She laid against the wizard like a pet, letting him hold her close. She had done enough for now to get in his favour she needed to stay there and to keep Drax there as well. If the portal was going to get opened she would need both of them to succeed.

"What say you Drax?" Vloria needed him to swear to serve her, and she would do all she could to keep Alexander's interest in this. Her eyes remained on Drax but her hand went up to circle Alexander's neck as she lay against him, his hand still on her breast. If keeping his interest and getting him to help her with the portal meant being on the recieving end of his power again then so be it. At least her goddess would be satisfied no matter what the outcome.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:09 pm

Drax
Freycrest Tower

Drax produced a knife which he then used to cut the palm of his left hand, “I swear upon the blood that courses through my veins and in His Glorious name, Natharzeem the Conqueror of Worlds, that I Ethre'Drax Hrumilliuos, will serve Vloria till Netharzeem, or Vloria, deems my life useless.”

Drax didn’t know how accustomed these humans were to oaths, however to Etherions an oath upon their own life and lord was the highest that they could give, and it was practically what they had given before Netharzeem when he arrived. However, Drax had also sworn that he would serve Vloria till death, a promising idea however Drax had only done so as he knew that he could outlive her
Providing she didn’t ask for immortality.

“I suppose that I’ll take my leave, master?” Drax asked, referring both to Vloria and Alexander.

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:42 pm

Alexander

Freycrest Tower

It was a simple oath, that this Ethre'Drax Hrumilliuos, had sworn, simple but effective in the wizards mind. Not only did he name his god in it but he also gave away his complete name, something which the wizard could use, should his "guest" prove to be an oath-breaker. While maybe the confined god might not be able to punish him, the wizard could be able to call forth the shade of the Etherion from the underworld (once slain of course) and torment him. While he didn't care overly much, at this moment, for the quest the priestess was on, there was vengeance for interrupting his evening and then lying to him, to be hand, if he broke the oath.

"Ready a room" said Alexander, not looking at Drax but over at the pile of reptilian bodies, "For my guest, along with a bath and light meal, to refresh him from his travels."

"Yessss Masssster" a dozen overlapping voices half hissed, as the chimeras scrambled to their feet. Eleven of them bolted from the bed chamber, clawed feet racing down the hall, to fulfill their creator's command, spitting up to complete each task. Two headed off to fill the great copper tub the wizard used for bathing, three went for the kitchen, to quickly fix up some soup and cold meats, while the remaining six headed for the rarely used guest room, to clean and set the bed. The last lizard man waited in the bedroom, not touching Drax but pawing at the air near his shoulder and gesturing for the man to follow. It would take him down libraries to wait, the one without magical tomes.

As the pair left, the door magically swung shut again.

----------------

That morning

The sun was fully in the sky but not high, when the door to Alexander's bed chamber opened and the wizard came strolling out, clothed and his arm wrapped around Vloria's waist, who was also dressed. Below, in the kitchen, magically created servants bustled, readying a fine meal to break the night's fasting. Others moved about the wizard's dining room, setting a large table of smooth, dark stone. Plates, bowls and goblets of fine crystal, silver spoons, knives and two pronged forks, sat on rich red cloth. A pot of strong black tea was paired next to a bottle of light wine. Small benches were placed at one end, one for the wizard at the head of the table and one on either side, for the priestess and one for traveler, close enough to him for conversation.

"Go and see" said master of the tower, not looking at either of his servants, as he entered the dining room, "If my other guest is awake."

One of the reptile men, bowed deeply and scurried off.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:58 am

Vloria

Freycrest Tower

Vloria watched as Drax drew the knife along his palm and swore to serve her. He asked to take his leave and Vloria gave him a small nod in thanks. Her shoulders relaxed a little as Alexander ordered a room readied for the Etherions. The lizard-like servants scurried to do the wizard's bidding and eventually one lead Drax out of the bedroom.

Alexander turned his attention back to her as the door closed. She smiled slightly as she looked up at him.

-----

Morning

Vloria, dressed again, walked with Alexander to the dining hall. She was glad for the wizard's healing abilities as well as her own body's natural skill. Alexander, it turned out had been holding in a great deal of rage and power at Drax's untimely entrance. Vloria smiled to herself at the thought of what had occurred when the Etherion had left for the night.

The large table,a dark stone that reminded Vloria more of an altar than a table, was being set for the morning meal. She was pleased to see that they were setting out a place for three. Perhaps they would have a chance to discuss what they would do next in order to locate the other half of the spell and other things that needed to be in place for Netharzeem to be released.

Alexander ordered one of the servants to see if Drax had awoken yet. Vloria, turned to face the wizard, her body pressing lightly against him. Her hands traced the lines of his shoulders over his shirt. "My lord wizard, you have granted me much already, I hate to impose on your generousity but I must inform my mistress as to my location and my intention to remain with you for a time. If you would allow me of course." Her eyes met his as she asked until her last statement, at which time the orbs cast themselves down in a humble gesture.

She needed to let the temple know that she would not be returning, not soon anyway. She wanted some of her clothing and other items sent here. If they were going to need to travel she needed to be ready. Even if they didn't, Vloria knew she couldn't stretch the wizard's hospitality too far.

"If it is alright with you Alexander, a moment of time after what promises to be a wonderful meal, to write to her and it by messenger?" Her eyes looked up again, questioning him. Things had to go correctly, Vloria may be the one who had quest to complete but everything else was by Alexander's whim.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:58 pm

Drax
Freycrest Tower

Drax had followed the humanoid lizards to the library where he had taken the liberty to busy himself with learning what kind of world he was in, and that had quickly been followed by a brief bath and then getting some shut-eye. Though it had been a long time since Drax had had the luxury of sleeping in a bed (or even a haystack), so he decided to leave the bed and sleep on the floor; something he was more accustomed with.

Adjusting to the time period of the world had always been hard for Drax, and the sound of the reptilian slave knocking on the door knocked Drax out of his sleep. He had slept with most of his clothes on, and only needed to strap on his weapons before he proceeded down to the main dining hall where the Lord Wizard and his new master, Lady Vloria, were.

“Milady, Lord Wizard,” Drax said respectfully, bowing to each though he was uncertain whom he should have mentioned first. The wizard could destroy him within the blink of an eye, while he owned his loyalty to Vloria, but he decided he should show that he knew whom he served rather than who he feared.

Drax’s eyes looked at the table, and its content, and felt a stinging pain in his stomach. Food wasn’t always available when Drax traveled, and though he was blessed with unaging life, he could still die from starvation and dehydration, Do I ask for the food or do I wait for them allow me to eat?
He may have read through the books of the world’s society and political schisms, but nowhere did he read of the manners of servants and masters. For all he knew, they could sport to see who would survive the longest without food and water (could have been worse, but Drax didn’t want to enlighten them with how his former demonic masters were kept ‘blithe’).

"May I ask, when does my masters wish to search for the needed artifacts to free Netharzeem?" A bold question, and Drax did his best to keep it as innocent as possible.

Jozan von Carstein
Near the city of Snowieview on the edge of the Snowsilver Moor, the eastern quarter, the Aunriel Republic.
Freycrest Tower

Jozan looked over the group of mercenaries he had hired and then he looked at the tower in the distance. Since the separation of Terryn, Jozan had taken it upon himself to see this mission finished by himself even if it meant that he'd have to hire an army to take on the damned wizard.
"Remember men," Jozan called out to the cut throats, "A handful of gold for each one of you when we're done here, and a kilo worth for him who brings me the dead of that would-be wizard!" The men cheered, their lust for money driving them onward as they marched towards the tower. Though what the mercenaries didn't know was that they were marching straight towards the home of one of the more infamous wizards in the world, instead Jozan had convinced them that they were attacking a cult of exiled wizards who never got far in their training.

Jozan's plan was simple, knock the doors down, send the mercenaries in as a distraction and then get to the wizard's library wher he knew he kept what he needed.

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:57 pm

Alexander

Freycrest Tower

The wizard glanced down at the priestess, as she stood very close, her hands roaming his shoulders. Everything about her, at that very moment was humble, dependent on his whims and moods. He smiled slightly, the corners of his mouth turning up with an arrogant air, as his purple eyes studied the attractive face looking up at him, wanting to know if she was allowed to remain and if she could send a message to her mistress. Normally he couldn't stand the prolonged company of even his fellow magic users, never mind regular humans. But not only was she lovely, spend time in his bed, willing to spend more but she liked it when he experimented. Of course he'd allow her to stay.

"She's very good" whispered the little voice in the back of his mind, the one that knew she was trying to wrap him around her finger,"Beware."

"Of course child" said Alexander, reaching up to cup Vloria's chin in a slender-fingered hand, "You are more then welcome in my tower. When we have broken our fast, I will have parchment, ink and a messenger made available for you."

He stroked her chin lightly, drawing her up on tiptoes, like he was going to kiss her, until two chimeras appeared in the room, carrying platters of fresh fruit, none of it native to the local area but perfectly ripe and sliced, with all seeds and rinds removed. Setting those platters in between the places prepared on the table, they scurried back to the warmth of the kitchen. He smiled, releasing the chin and guided her over to the table, having her sit at his right hand. They had just sat down and began thinking about which fruit to select, when Drax arrived in the dinning room, bowing and requesting when he was to begin.

"Not until after breakfast" said the wizard, making a small gesture to the remaining bench at the table, "At the least."

One would think, it would be easy to approach Freycrest Tower, as there were no widows in the imposing black stone (or at least none that could be seen, from the front). However, it was a wizard's tower, protected with wards, runes and other spells. So the approach of the small band of mercenaries, was noticed by the reptileman, who guarded the door. However, there were ignored, for the moment. Bands of armed men were not uncommon in the city, mercenaries and adventures alike.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:19 pm

Vloria

Freycrest Tower

Alexander cupped her chin and Vloria offered him a smile as he agreed to let her stay as well as ink and parchment to inform her mistress of what had occurred and what she intended to do. Things were going well but the priestess was well aware that it was a delicate balance right now. She and consequently, Drax were at the wizard’s mercy. They needed him. Thankfully, Alexander’s ego meant that she could use that to her advantage.

Alexander lifted her face and Vloria licked her lips lightly, anticipating a kiss that never came. A small smirked appeared on the full lips instead as his servants came in carrying platters of fruit. Vloria let him lead her to the table and she sat in the offered seat.

Drax appeared in the room and Vloria held her tongue at his question. This was the wizard’s home and she would not insult him by answering first. She smiled at Drax, hoping he would sit as Alexander offered. There would be much to discuss after they ate.

Vloria waited for Alexander to serve himself first before taking a few pieces of the ripe fruit. “Alexander, your hospitality knows no limit. Thank you, lord wizard. “ She slid a piece of fruit into her mouth while watching the two men carefully.

Her hands in her lap, Vloria turned her attention to Alexander solely, “Tell me, if you would indulge me of course, how you happened upon the half of the spell? You seem a collector of many fine and wondrous things, my lord wizard and I am curious on how it came into your possession.”

In truth the priestess was curious. The temple had been looking for it for generations and never had any clue as to where either half was hidden or whom was in possession of them. Vloria was hoping that if he would tell her where he acquired it from then it would give them a place to start looking for clues as to the location of the other half.

She delicately ate another piece of fruit. She had questions for both men but it seemed best to start with the spell, perhaps Drax would know something about it as well. Vloria was holding back her anticipation of starting this quest. For too long the priestess' had worked to do this task for their goddess and now, Vloria had the chance to succeed. It was almost too much to sit so patiently and at the whim of another...almost, for it was a pain all it's own.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:51 am

Jozan von Carstein
Freycrest Tower

“Tear down the walls if you have to! I want that heretic’s head on a silver plate!” Jozan preached as he worked the mercenaries into a frenzy. The promise of gold and divine protection would make any sane man do anything as insanely as attack a wizard tower, and thankfully Jozan had more than enough experience to do precisely that.

The wooden ram beated against the front door with a constant rhytmn while the mercenaries with hooks and ladders tried to scale the walls by getting through the windows, or smashing their way through the walls with hammers and piks.
“Forward men of Lunian! Remember She is looking down at us, protecting us as we attack this heretic’s layer!”

Drax
Freycrest Tower

Drax took a seat of the dining table. He diceded that it would be unwise to push the subject any further than needed, and instead he began to fill himself with food. In the back of his head he was ensuring that he wasn’t eating too much to make it seem grotesque, though having gone for as long as he had without proper food had indeed left him in a desperately hungry state. Thank Netharzeem for his un-aging immortality or otherwise he would long since have succumbed to death’s touch.

He kept silent and at a respectful distance for his master and the Wizard Lord. Well
Tat was till the silence was broken by a sudden boom from the tower’s lower parts, quickly followed by war cries, “I’m still adapting to this world, but in my experience, that doesn’t sound good,” Drax noted, though then he realized that he had just stated the obvious.

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:14 pm

Alexander

Freycrest Tower

"It was in the days of my youth" said Alexander, pausing from eating slices of honey melon, to answer the priestess's question, "I was exploring the ruins of a wizard's tower within the borders of the Lunian Empire. While the ignorant fools thought they had destroyed all of the magical tomes, when a mob leaded by one of those loathsome priests, slew the wizard and razed the tower, I knew better. Deep underground, in vaults warded against fire or discovery by those lacking the talent, the former master had hidden most of his magical items. I managed to overcome the protective magics but found that water had destroyed most of books, however...."

The wizard trailed off, as a boom resounded through his tower, followed by another and another. The faint echos of cries drifted by from the ground levels, as gong began to sound. Chimeras boiled out of the kitchen, clenching at their earholes, hissing in pain, as they looked to their master for the instructions, which would end their torment. The wizard, how outwardly looked calm, save for the storm of angry swirling in his purple eyes, tapped long fingers together, as he drew in a few controlled breaths. Lifting a hand, he glanced over the the lizardmen and pointed down. Suddenly pain-free, the chimeras took off towards the door, racing down to grab simple spears and defend the door.

"It would seem" said Alexander, his voice steady and level, "I must remind someone, that you knock lightly upon a wizard's door. You may follow me, if you enjoy watching someone being taught manners."

Rising smoothly from his bench, the wizard strolled from the dinning room, out into the hallway and across to another chamber. Without stopping, he spoke a word of command and walked right through a seemingly solid wall, out into an invisible balcony. Looking down, he sneered, watching as men with hooks and ladders, trying to find windows that weren't there. The sneer turned to men trying to hammer or chip through the stone walls of his tower. Did they really thing ordinary tools would break through a wizard's tower? The only ones with some sort of chance, where the men trying to batter down his door. Purple eyes looked across to the streets of the city. The locals were already running towards the city center, no doubt to summon the Guard, to defend them from zealots attacking the city.

"Who Dares" boomed Alexander, his magic amplifying his voice and making it look like he was growing into a twenty-foot giant, standing on air, "Disturb Me?"
Last edited by Irish Wolf on Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:51 pm

Vloria

Freycrest Tower

Vloria finished the piece of fruit in her mouth. She could tell that Drax was barely holding back from devouring his food, she wondered how long it had been since he had eaten a full meal. Choosing to allow him the indulgence and not make light, Vloria focused on the wizard. Turning her eyes on Alexander, she rested her chin on her hands. She listened intently to his story, her ears picked up the noise as Drax mentioned it and Alexander's pets began to react.

Vloria remained outwardly unphased, taking her cue from the wizard. She had learned a long time ago how to read her clients and how to best react. He was calm and in control, there was no way she would panic. She sighed softly, "How unfortunate that someone does not appear to have manners...."

She waited for Alexander to stand and followed his movements. With a small wave of her hand she gestured to Drax to stand an follow. Vloria walked behind Alexander but beside Drax.

Her voice was quiet, "There will be more time to talk about where the other components to open the portal are and how best to go about acquiring them."

Vloria stepped out onto the non existant balcony. She raised an eyebrow and looked down. Below her figures milled about, attempting to gain access to the tower. Vloria had quite a taste of Alexander's power, she knew first hand that one would not be able to break down the wizard's defenses easily and most certainly with so little tactic. With a chuckle she looked at Drax, "How like ants milling about, unaware of the foot about to step on them."

Her hands held her skirt as the wind whipped at it lightly. Did they really think they could chip away and gain entry? Vloria shook her head almost sadly. Her eyes flickered up to look at Alexander as his voice boomed out.

Looking at Drax, "Do you wager? I give good odds that not a single one manages to break his way in." At this she chuckled.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:01 am

Drax

Drax got to his feet and followed his his female master at a respectful distance, still hanging on to an apple which he took large bites from, nodding silently as Vloria spoke to him. They walked towards the window to look down on the would-be assaulters, who appeared more like a bunch of crazed men than actual soldiers, though Drax usually found it hard to distinguish between such features. Drax tried to remain neutral in his expression though his past experiences told him never to underestimate a foe which you’d never faced before so he was obviously concerned.

His head spun around when Vloria talked and then he weighed his words carefully, hoping not offend her, or the mighty wizard lord. “I am still a stranger to this world, so I can’t say whether they are a real threat or a mere nuisance,” Drax stated and looked down at the many humans.
Did they actually have a plan, or did a madman lead them to their deaths? Drax had seen incompetence of many generals (mortals and immortals) though this was something which could rival a few
Attacking like this was one of them.

Jozan von Carstein

The mercenaries weren’t dulled by the lack of progress, Jozan ensured that their spirits were high. When their hooks and ladders didn’t reach the windows, they came back down on the ground and attempted to smash their way through the walls. Jozan was certain that the windows they saw were an illusion, for every time a hook had been thrown at them, they were always missed by a small margin.

Now his full attention was at the main door, urging the men to hit it harder with their ram, reminding them of the pre-paid and promised coins which they’d get when they had the heretic arrested, if not killed.

“Who dares disturb me!”

The sudden thunderous noise made the men’s courage burn away like candle wax over a fire. The ram was dropped, hands at their weapons as they almost sprinted backwards, looking up the tower, most expecting to see a monstrous giant standing before them.

Jozan frowned as he looked up at the figures above them, “Under the orders of the Lunian Church and His Holy Grace, the Pope, I order you to open your doors and allow me and my men to confiscate any and all heretical texts and objects that you have in your possession. On the pain of death, you will be burned alive if you refuse to cooperate!” Jozan called defiantly as he sent a hard look up at Alexander, making it clear that he wasn’t easily intimidated by a loud voice. All the while the staring between the two took place, Jozan reached for the symbol of Lunian, feeling the comforting touch of the hard metal he knew that he could channel his divine powers into a protective shields if the wizard should suddenly break the stalemate with a spell.

That was another of the reasons for why wizards and priests rarely worked together. Their powers were completely polar and this most often to to conflict.

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:24 pm

Alexander

Freycrest Tower

Alexander had always held that religion addled a man's wits, when one that as agreeable, like the cult Vloria was a part of but the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Standing before his tower, with a band of men, who might not be as strong believers as he was, was a mad priest. The fellow barked something about the pope and heretics and wanted to be let in like a guest, to take anything he pleased. before he was done, the wizard was laughing. Soft at first but growing into a mocking chortle.

"Where do you think you are" sneered the master of the tower, "The border of your ignorant empire is far from here fool. The worthless decrees and commands of your imbecile pope, mean nothing in Republic and even if they did, I am no follower of Lunian. Your orders are nothing more then a foul breeze, soon passed and and forgotten quicker once the source is removed."

Smiling, Alexander shouted a word of power and flung his hand forward, like he was throwing something towards the priest. A ball of green flame appeared from his open palm and soared in a arch towards the men, almost like it was going to crash into the holy man. But instead, it sailed over his head, falling towards the mercenaries gathered behind him.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:21 pm

Vloria

Freycrest Tower

Vloria chuckled heartily at Drax's hesitancy to wager with her. She could see the wheels turning in his head as he so carefully chose his response. He was as calculating as she was. Vloria liked that. She appreciated when someone was careful and measured, reading a situation to the best of their ability. It was the world she lived in.

The voice that called up in answer to Alexander's challenged made Vloria sneer. “Oh good....Lunian Church.” She held no love for their doctrine but their priests and worshippers made up a great deal of her temple's clientele. Those Lunian's did love their beatings. This brought a smile to her lips and Vloria looked down, trying to see the man. She wondered if he had ever graced the halls of the goddess' temple.

Vloria did not recognize him. She shrugged. She was sure he had his vices, they all did. Vloria moved closer to Alexander, smiling as she heard the contempt in his voice for the priest. The wizard launched a green ball of fire at the mercenaries behind the man. Vloria smiled. She had fond thoughts of that green fire. Her hands clapped lightly together. “Mmm, well played my lord wizard. Send them scurrying.” Her eyes were alight with enjoyment as the men ran in fear or fell to the ground leaving the priest standing alone.

Part of her pitied the poor men, they were paid to be there it wasn't like they wanted to fight the wizard. This priest, he was to blame for any of those men who died. “I wonder what brought the Lunian church out of the wood work all of the sudden.” Vloria knelt down beside Alexander's leg. “Does he really think he will be able to convince them to come back and attack you again or will he try to take you in all on his lonesome, just he and his faith?” She looked up at Alexander, giving him a wicked little smile. "Will you make him scream Alexander?"

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!