Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Anyone But You {IC}

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Anyone But You {IC}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:20 pm

"Thorns?" Chris repeated, looking up as he unzipped the bag from inside the overhead. He moved his hand around a bit inside the bag, spotting the rose covered book behind a couple of clothes. He strained to pull it out without breaking anything or making things fall, and zipped the bag back up. He glanced at the title to make sure it was the right book, and handed it to Sarah. "I didn't know you read." Christian said, making his way back inside to the window seat. He sounded earnestly interested as he sat back down to keep from causing any more attention.

(It's fine)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

swishandflicker
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:34 pm

β€œThanks.” Sarah took it from him, setting in her lap, balancing it carefully. β€œβ€¦I read a lot actually, most people don’t know.” She shrugged her shoulders ever so slightly. β€œI’m not exactly smart though.” Sarah’s voice was unusually quiet and she glanced down at the book cover, pursing her pink lips. She wasn’t looking for pity, she was just stating a fact, and her eyes showed that when she looked back up at him. She was being honest…not over dramatic.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:20 pm

"You're probably a lot more smarter than I am," Chris replied casually, unsure how to take Sarah's comment. She probably was, though. He sighed, looking at the cover of the book on Sarah's lap. He was lucky enough to pass last year, the highest grade he got was a B - in gym! He wasn't exactly enthusiastic when it came to school work. Give him a basketball or soccer ball, and that was his game. He looked up from the book just in time to meet Sarah's eyes, and he knew she wasn't being over dramatic.

swishandflicker
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:57 pm

Sarah chewed on her bottom lip, fingers fiddling with the bottom of her shirt. β€œI wish I was smart.” She spoke before picking up her book, eyes flickering away from him. She bit her lip, unsure of what to say or do. β€œ..How did you go at school actually? Like your grades?” Sarah asked, warily. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want too." Sarah didn't like showing this side..her self concious side. Especially to him, the one who always teased her. Playfully maybe, but still. Self concious Sarah rarely appeared. She liked to keep it hidden.

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:18 pm

"My grades?" Chris repeated, stunned she actually asked him about them. He felt his cheeks turned slightly red, unsure what to say. He looked at the airplane floor, avoiding Sarah's eyes. "They were okay, I guess... Just enough to make me pass." He finally replied, sitting up on the chair and tried to look out the window. Suddenly, he was uncomfortable. He wasn't used to talking to Sarah like this, so he wasn't sure how to react. It wasn't like he could tease her now. "And what about you?" He found himself saying, wondering what the hell had gotten into him.

swishandflicker
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:27 pm

"My best subject was Drama." Sarah fiddled with her fingers. "And my parents weren't too impressed with the fact that I was putting all my energy into a subject that doesn't matter. And I wasn't...I just.." She trailed off. "Nevermind, I really want to read my book." She decided, picking it up from her lap, avoiding his eyes, blonde hair falling infront of her face as she did.

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:35 pm

Chris always knew that Sarah had a thing for drama, so the news didn't come as a surprise to him. "Okay." He didn't move from the window, and watched the clouds float by when she dropped the conversation. He looked over when the airplane attendant came back with the headphones. The girl was different from earlier, but Chris took it and smiled. He said a thanks and the girl left. He glanced at Sarah briefly, before figuring out where to plug the wire. He sat back, closing the window shade, and flipped through the movies on the plane.

swishandflicker
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:47 pm

Sarah practically buried her face into the book, soon becoming lost into it. She had read quite a bit of the book when she fell asleep, slumping against the side of the airplane chair, book sliding off her lap and landing on the floor with a soft thud. Her head was nestled against her arm, awkwardly slumped in the chair. Her long eyelashes tickled her cheeks as she slept, looking extremely peaceful.

(Hope it’s okay that I skipped a bit of time. We can undo it if you want.)

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:19 pm

(It's fine)

Chris had chosen to watch one of his favorite movies of all time: White Chicks. He had settled down on the chair, placing his arm on the arm rest next to Sarah's, and leaning his body slightly towards the airplane window. His eyes were glued to the screen, and he held back a laugh as one of his favorite scenes came along. He had been oblivious to what was going on around him, so he didn't notice that Sarah had fallen asleep next to him. The fact only came to his attention when her book fell off the side of his lap and onto the floor between them. He fixed his gaze away from the screen, and to Sarah's face. Her face was nestled against her arm, fast asleep. Chris watched for a while, deciding to to say anything about the book, and picked it up himself. He carefully set it on her lap, not wanting to wake her.

swishandflicker
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:58 pm

Sarah just shifted a bit, her free arm pulling the book towards her stomach in her sleep, still fast asleep.An attractive flight attendant came up. "Could your girlfriend use a blanket? A pillow?" She asked in a hushed voice, guestering towards the sleeping blonde. "You'd hate for her to wake up with a cramped neck from sleeping like that." She added, offering him a smile.

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:55 pm

Chris dropped the book carefully onto Sarah's lap, not realizing that someone had come up to them. He smiled at the flight attendant meekly, wondering what was going through the woman's head. This probably looked a lot worse than he thought. "Could your girlfriend use a blanket? A pillow?" She smiled at him sweetly, nodding towards Sarah. Chris pulled his hand back away from the book, looking away. He blushed.

"Uh.. No, it's okay... S-She'll be fine." He stammered, avoiding eye contact. He looked back at Sarah, his face softening. That position did look uncomfortable... "Yeah, I guess..A-A blanket will be fine. Is there..is there any way you could move the seat back too?" He gestured at Sarah, who was slouching over.

swishandflicker
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:36 am

"You can adjust her chair. There's a handle on the side of the chair. You can do it by yourself if you like, just twist it gently backwards and it should slowly move back a bit." The flight attended said, sweetly. "I can go get a blanket, do you need anything else well I'm getting it?" She asked, taking a glance at the sleeping girl before looking back at him.

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:34 am

Christopher nodded slightly at the flight attendant's advice. He still didn't make any move to adjust the chair. "Another pair of headphones would be nice. For her, I mean." He suggested, nodding at Sarah. His headset was still hung on his neck from the movie.

swishandflicker
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:39 pm

"I'll go get them." She smiled. She leaned over and adjusted Sarah's chair, before walking off in search of a blanket and earphones. She came back after a little while, handing a blanket and earphones to him. "There you go." She smiled before walking off.

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:08 am

Chris glanced over to Sarah once the attendant had left. After all that, the girl was still fast asleep. He signed, taking the book away from her lap, and tucked it behind the chair in front of them. He took the blanket when the attendant came back, leaning over Sarah, and pulled it over her lap. He placed the headphones behind the chair as well, looking to Sarah's sleeping face, and then back to his movie. He hoped she wouldn't wake up soon because he didn't know what to tell her when she'd realize what he did.

swishandflicker
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:17 am

Sarah didn't stir for at least a few hours. The blonde stirred slightly, eyes opening and she shifted, squinting. "W-hat? Wher-." Her eyes landed on Chris. "Oh..h-hi." She yawned, glancing down. Since when did she a blanket?" She snuggled further down underneath it, confused but grateful. "How long to go?" She asked him, voice thick with sleep.

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!