Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

About the person who never used to see english rp

a topic in The Academy, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

Wanting to improve your writing? The Scholars are here to help! Find guides, tutorials, and even 1-on-1 mentoring threads here!

About the person who never used to see english rp

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby captofbottles on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:59 am

Hello everybody!
I’m thinking I need some help. I love rp and I do this for a long time but not in English. In our country rp is a hobby of many peoples. But I want to play in English and I hope that I can find people who will be kind and patient. Who can explain to me how play in English forums (sites?), where can I see maybe rp-tops or somebody else. Who can show me good players and say without bias how much bad I’m writing in your language. xD
I’m sorry about all my mistakes in this text. ._.”
Jim. Captain Jim.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

captofbottles
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: About the person who never used to see english rp

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:02 pm

Hey, captofbottles! Welcome to RolePlayGateway.

My name is Sato, and I am a longtime member of this website. I would love to work with you! I am always impressed when users RP in a language that is not their own.

You will find, I think, that roleplaying in English is just like roleplaying in any other language. There is a story to tell with multiple people.

As for how well you are communicating in English, I can understand you clearly! There are some grammatical errors, however.

Who can show me good players and say without bias how much bad I’m writing in your language. xD

That should be:

Who can show me good players and say without bias how poorly I’m writing in your language. xD

Would it help to just start a simple roleplay of sorts? A few posts to get a sense of how you write?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ms. Fyrefli on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:27 pm

I am by no means as experienced as others on this site, nor have I been a member for long, (I am more used to scripted role play). Having said that, I would be more than happy to RP with you and, who know, perhaps we may even learn from one another. :)

Hope to see you around!
Young enough to know I can.
Old enough to know I shouldn't.
Stupid enough to do it anyway.

"'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! ... 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX PARROT!!"

Ms. Fyrefli
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby captofbottles on Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:26 am

ViceVersus wrote:Hey, captofbottles! Welcome to RolePlayGateway.

Thank you so much.
ViceVersus wrote:There are some grammatical errors

I'm working with it, thank you for correction! :)
ViceVersus wrote:Would it help to just start a simple roleplay of sorts? A few posts to get a sense of how you write?

I don't have any posts in English in this moment, but I hope if Ms. Fyrefli hasn't changed her mind about rp with me, I'll have it a little later.
I know that I'm repeating myself for three times but thank you once again. It's so great when people help you to make your first steps in rp forum!

Ms. Fyrefli wrote:I would be more than happy to RP with you and, who know, perhaps we may even learn from one another. :)

I think it's a good idea and if you really want it, we can try. I will be happy to play with you :)

captofbottles
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordOfBarrels on Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:50 am

How is all going, bros? My name is... A-ah, forget it .D

Hi, everybody!

I'm a close friend of our Captoftobbles and have the same problem and the same intend to improve my English skills playing rp and having fun with good people all around the world. Can't say that my rp-experience as great as Cap's one, but isn't this site a good place for some level-ups? I've studied English for some years in university, but one day I changed my mind and began to play Skyri... I mean, study design in another place. So, I've completely forgotten this language and there can be a hu-u-uge amount of mistakes. So please, sorry me.

I'd like to play in pair with Cap and with brave people who are ready to meet our terrifying illiteracy.

Thanks for your help, bros! ,)

LordOfBarrels
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ms. Fyrefli on Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:58 pm

Welcome, nice to see your knees are arrow free ;). I remember the time when people cut classes for World of Warcraft. *sighs* Yup, I am that old!

Anyway, I am not sure if either of you are able to send PMs via the forum yet (You need to have made ten forum posts, before you can do so. ViceVersus' post explains ways in which you can do that in no time at all!). So, whenever either or both of you can do and would like to do so, drop me a message or, if I am in the Multiverse chat, grab me in there and I am sure we can work something out. :)

Hope to see you both around.

Fyre

Ms. Fyrefli
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordOfBarrels on Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:15 pm

I used to be a WoW player like you, but then I took the worst mark for test .D

Yes, I can't send PMs, so Cap will do this. It's your time, mr. Cap! Do you hear me?

Thank you, kind lady!

LordOfBarrels
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:06 pm

Well, LordOfBarrels, you can not send PMs because you need to make at least ten posts on site before that feature is available to you.

If you guys need any help, I will be right here. :)
ImageRespect ma authoritah!
Are you irritated at coming last in every single thing? Don't worry. For just a cookie, I'll be TheFinalOne.

TheFinalOne
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ms. Fyrefli on Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:41 pm

To LordOfBarrels,

If you just jump in to any of the forum games listed in VVs post (see my post above), you really will hit ten posts in no time at all. :)

They are fairly light, fun and whimiscal, nothing to taxing in any way at all.

As TheFinalOne said, if either of you need any help at all, likewise, I am always here (as are many other members of RPG) to help and advise in whatever way we can.

Ms. Fyrefli
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordOfBarrels on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:32 pm

Think I'll get necessary ten posts right in this thread ( .D ), but thanks for your tips, bros!

LordOfBarrels
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:50 am

captofbottles, are you still here?

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ms. Fyrefli on Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:09 pm

Hi. I answered your PM about a week ago, regarding us trying to set something up together and, as yet, I have not received a reply.

I understand life can get really busy and there is not always time for the net. I just wanted to mention here (in case you check forums before your PMs) that I have not forgotten you both and I am just awaiting your reply before we start anything.

:)

Ms. Fyrefli
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!