Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

You are likely to be eaten by a grue

a topic in Forum Games, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Fun games to pass the time!

You are likely to be eaten by a grue

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaltJRimmer on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:36 am

Alright, I kind of doubt this will catch on and if it's been done before, please someone tell me. The main idea is this, everyone that posts is in a party together, like a roleplaying game. They have all gone down into a dungeon. Now, the prize is very, VERY close and only one person can get it. Here's the problem, no one can see because there's no light. There is at least one grue down here. Grue hunt in the dark and avoid the light.

Each person, when they post, will create light in whatever manner they see fit. The next person will use whatever means to douse their light, because they don't want that person to run off and get the treasure, and then make their own source of light. This is a forum game, so even though I said everyone's in a dungeon, it doesn't have to completely make sense. Do what you have to do to survive. Oh, and I know I've been guilty before of not doing the second part of a forum game, so anyone who doesn't make their own light, the next person posts that they hear [previous poster] getting eaten by a grue and describe it in whatever, not too graphic, way. That person will be put on a list until a cleric is willing to give up their turn to resurrect them, which will not get them eaten. However, if they are a dark cleric, or necromancer, then they bring the player back as undead. AKA: Rotting meat shield. These rules may change if they have to.

Party Members:
WaltJRimmer

Announced as Clerics:

Announced as Necromancers:

Dead:

Resurrected:

Undead:
Last edited by WaltJRimmer on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
"And that... Is all I can tell you." - The Bard.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WaltJRimmer
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: You are likely to be eaten by a grue

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaltJRimmer on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:38 am

As we descend into the dungeon, I light a torch.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WaltJRimmer
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: You are likely to be eaten by a grue

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PulseTrick on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:12 pm

I eat your torch, then pull out a lantern .
Once more, with rhythm!

PulseTrick
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!