Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Naruto: Twisted Fate

a part of “Naruto: Twisted Fate”, a fictional universe by minibear.

The nefarious Akatsuki organization and the jinchūriki square off in the Hidden Rain Village over the fate of the ninja world. Whose side are you on?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Naruto: Twisted Fate”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby minibear on Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:31 pm

Welcome, welcome one and all! Who's ready for some ninja combat?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

minibear
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Naruto: Twisted Fate

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LightANDDark on Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:08 pm

Hey! Can I reserve the last jinchuriki, please?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LightANDDark
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mashotu on Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:08 pm

Can I reserve an Akatsuki and a guardian?

Mashotu
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby minibear on Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:22 pm

Hey guys, glad to see you're interested in the RP! I didn't realize I hadn't posted the rules so those are up now. At any rate we aren't really reserving characters, just submit your best! Also, we're keeping it at one character per person right now.

minibear
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thundergod1020 on Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:59 pm

As a guardian, would it be possible for my character to have a Vampire Bat summon, due to her Janshinism and whole blood deal?
Don't piss me off. I will personally come to your house and tilt every painting I come across.

Thundergod1020
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby minibear on Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:14 pm

That's very interesting, why don't you send me a outline of what you want them to do and i'll make a decision. My reason for not having custom jutsu is that they are difficult to balance, however since there aren't a lot of summons I will consider it so long as they aren't over powered.

minibear
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Inspiration on Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:25 pm

Hm...mind if I make a Guardian that is a Samurai? Also roughly how long has it been since the 5th ninja war and the recent Akatsuki events?

(I ask because I need to estimate an age for my character for something I have in mind)

Inspiration
Member for 15 years
Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SailorTitan on Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:52 pm

I have been craving an Anime RP for such a long time now...Sadly, I know nothing about Naruto. I only know that there is a character named..Naruto... and a pink haired lady. Anywho, I'd love to join anyway. I'll read the introduction a few times to try and get the concept and head to Wikipedia page a few times and read it...I have no trouble reading spoilers...I mean, If I can't even finish the anime Bleach I don't think I'll be able to start watching Naruto xD.

I'd like to make my character a Jinchūriki...Although, I don't get the "Nine Tails & Five Tails" thing...(this is the part where I head over to the Wikipedia page.)

Let me apologize in advance, I'm sorry if I make any mistakes or get anything wrong while RPing. Like I said, I know nothing about Naruto or Ninjas.

SailorTitan
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby minibear on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:19 pm

@Final Hazard: It's three years after the war and two and a half since the Akatsuki started sealing the tailed beasts.
EDIT: Also, yes you can be a samurai

@Sailor Titan: As it happens, the last Jinchūriki slot has already been filled, but I am a fan of your enthusiasm. Might I recommend a you make a guardian? Just ask away if you have any questions and myself or The Illusionist will help you out. Also take a look at the character sheets I've accepted to get a feel with what you should have in terms of balancing your character.

EDIT:

Also, if characters who are making guards or have made Jinchūriki would like to pair themselves up now that would be fine. Otherwise I will assign pairs once I make the intro post in the next day or two.

minibear
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SailorTitan on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:18 am

Oops, sorry. I didn't see that someone else had already asked to be the last Jinchūriki. I'd love to be a guardian, though! I'll just reserve the "1b" thingy mabob Guardian spot. :3

First off, before I start making my character (which I will probably start tomorrow), I must say that my computer has been experiencing some problems. Whenever I make a character and submit it, I am somehow logged out and all my information is lost. Same goes for posting. It hasn't been happening really at all lately, but just in case it does, I though I'd tell you that so you know that if my character isn't up by tomorrow or I am not posting while RPing, it is because of my computer with issues.

Second, I have a few questions:

- May I please add in a couple details to the CS? Like extra pictures, etc?
- I have no idea what to use as the techniques for my character. Are people taking the characters off of Naruto abilities, or making up their own?
- Do I just pick a random village where I came from? (Off of Naruto, of course) And do I pick a random clan?
- Guardians aren't angel, spirit things, right?

SailorTitan
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Inspiration on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:01 am

SailorTitan wrote:Oops, sorry. I didn't see that someone else had already asked to be the last Jinchūriki. I'd love to be a guardian, though! I'll just reserve the "1b" thingy mabob Guardian spot. :3

First off, before I start making my character (which I will probably start tomorrow), I must say that my computer has been experiencing some problems. Whenever I make a character and submit it, I am somehow logged out and all my information is lost. Same goes for posting. It hasn't been happening really at all lately, but just in case it does, I though I'd tell you that so you know that if my character isn't up by tomorrow or I am not posting while RPing, it is because of my computer with issues.

Second, I have a few questions:

- May I please add in a couple details to the CS? Like extra pictures, etc?
- I have no idea what to use as the techniques for my character. Are people taking the characters off of Naruto abilities, or making up their own?
- Do I just pick a random village where I came from? (Off of Naruto, of course) And do I pick a random clan?
- Guardians aren't angel, spirit things, right?

1. I'm assuming the CS is yours to edit however you see fit as long as you keep it neat and all the information is there.

2. Refer to 3 then come back: That being said look at the jutsu listed here and read up on a few of those. (Primarily Ninjutsu, Genjutsu and Taijutsu) and see what you feel your character would be best using.

3. I recommend reading the villages to understand what jutsu they prioritize in and what do do. You don;t have to be in a clan [or have a kekkei genkai]. In this case I actually recommend you don't have a KG as it may confuse you further. Picking random clans/Villages won't allow you to familiarize with your character at all.

4. Guardians are regular shinobi that probably have a bit more strength than your average ninja due to the fact that they are well...guarding an extremely imporatant person.

._. My character may take a day or two...making a Samurai is easy...finding a picture is impossible.

Edit: Yeah, ignore me just look at what mini said.
Last edited by Inspiration on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Inspiration
Member for 15 years
Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby minibear on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:14 am

You have questions, I have answers!

1. Yes, feel free to add in some pictures and a good physical description so everyone can make it clear when they're referring the characters learn each others names. That said, Akatsuki will already know Akatsuki and Jinchuriki and their guardians will know each other from the get-go unless someone specifically has an issue with that as it relates to their character.

2. Most everybody is making original move-sets. That said kekkei genkai (genetically inherited abilities) are clan (biological family) specific, so if you take one it will constrain your character will likely have a lot of the same moves as some of the naruto characters. Short answer: decide what sort of character you want to play taijutsu/ninjutsu/genjutsu (beat stuff up with fists, flashy special powers/essentially magic, or INCEPTION). Then search ninjutsu, click on the result "Ninjutsu", this will give you the basics of how ninjutsu works. Click on the "basic types" hyperlink in the middle of the page after you have read through. There's a lot of information, but it will help explain the strengths/weaknesses of the different styles (releases) of ninjutsu. Do the same for taijutsu and genjutsu. Taijutsu is fairly straightforward, and I recommend you don't make a genjutsu character because it's pretty confusing and difficult to RP if you don't understand the mechanics. Still read it so you know what's going on if you're fighting a genjutsu user, but don't worry about it overmuch. Lastly, once you've chosen what to play as, go to the bottom of whichever page where it says "see also", click on "list of _techniques", and choose stuff.

I'm sure you will still have more questions about this topic. It's fine, there's a lot to learn. Also if you were wondering, we aren't doing custom abilities, just what's on the site.

Oh and if you do ninjutsu, make sure and take a look at the list of styles that we are banning for various reasons. It's on the main page.

3. Just whatever village you want, however if you have a kekkei genkai you should be from whatever village ability is from.

4. Nope, guardians are as human as everyone else. It's just a job title.

EDIT: Final, that's fine, I know well the trials associated with finding the right picture. If you have everything else though you can go ahead and submit it, that way we can make sure everything else is good to go.

minibear
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SailorTitan on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:50 pm

Thank you so much for explaining! This has helped me alot.

I have made my character after lots of researching. I know I probably made some mistakes, so don't be afraid to tell me so. Thanks again for your time.

SailorTitan
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby minibear on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:03 pm

Alright, let the posting begin! A few things I want to address as this RP gets underway:

1. Don't panic if you haven't submitted a character yet. Just get it sent in/touched up and you can join in when I accept your character.

2. Currently, the balance of power is pretty heavily in favor of the jinchuriki and their guardians as they have numbers and home field advantage. The databook is meant to bring the scales a little closer to even. It will contain information on the jinchuriki and their guardians. I have not yet decided exactly how much information will be included in the databook, except that it will have the characters' primary strengths.

3. The for those who watched or read any naruto, jinchuriki compound is similar in design to the Uchiha compound. It's just a walled off section within the Hidden Rain designated for jinchuriki and their guardians, though the wall is more for show, it certainly won't keep out ninja.

4. I'm leaving my post for the Akatsuki a little vague intentionally to allow for more members to be made later.

5. On further reflection, we have decided that there will only be one guard for the ninetails, the other jinchuriki need guardians more. SailorTitan, you can get with one of the two other jinchuriki. There's two other people who have submitted guardians that just need to touch them up a bit and then they'll be joining you guys as well, and I have yet to receive FinalHazard's character, but I'm sure it's in the works.

Good luck everybody! Do your best to not die!

minibear
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXxZetsuxXx on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:37 am

Posted a character for approval :3

xXxZetsuxXx
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starryskies on Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:27 am

Will get a post typed up by tomorrow.

Starryskies
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZeroStrategy on Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:13 pm

Forgot the password to my actual account and the recover thing doesn't work for some reason so I am going to be posting from this one. Will have my character up today and will finish the history/personality bit as quickly as I can.

ZeroStrategy
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Illusionist on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:48 pm

Well we were hoping more of the guardians would make an appearance, had some sheets submitted and not finished and others who had intended to send in sheets but never did. I don't think we should wait any longer and that being said I am going to continue either tonight or tomorrow with my second post. If anyone else shows back up or decides to join after we've continued they can but for now we can go ahead and get the story moving.

The Illusionist
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lazyscreename on Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:36 am

Sorry to intrude your thread so nosey, but I wonder if it would be alright for me to join in? I think I might of jumped the gun a bit submitting a character without asking first XD JUst got a bit excited since the character looked like an interesting mix.

Lazyscreename
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby minibear on Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:37 am

Hey guys, I apologize for dropping the ball on you. As The Illusionist sort of said, we've been waiting for some more guardians to show up, but then things got pretty busy on my end resulting in my delayed post. I'll kick this back in gear in the next day or two.

@ Lazy: Glad to have you with us. I'll give your sheet a look and accept it in the next day or two!

minibear
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!