Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Things You Hear in a Bar

Things You Hear in a Bar

a part of “Things You Hear in a Bar”, a fictional universe by Soul_Alchemist.

This slice of life roleplay revolves around a local bar and the colorful characters who frequent it, as well as those visiting for the first time.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Things You Hear in a Bar”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Things You Hear in a Bar

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:38 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Things You Hear in a Bar"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
If you want to be happy for a day, get drunk,
If you want to be happy for a while, get married,
But if you want to be happy for all time, have good friends.
-The Booze Traveler

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Things You Hear in a Bar

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:45 am

So to start things off I thought I would just say a few things to get it going.

First, the bar tender and those two women mentioned earlier are all NPCs. When I get things moving I'll tell a bit more about them, and if they are involved in something big, like alot of dialogue, then I'll take over them, but otherwise feel free to interact with them as you like, keeping with their character style.

Second, if you come up with a good idea for something big to happen in the roleplay, let me know, either here or through PM and we can plan it out. I'll be throwing in a few things here and there, but like I said in the introduction, this is all character driven, so I want to hear any ideas anyone else has as well.

That's all I can think of for right now.

Oh, as far as characters go, just give the basic information on the character sheet, enough so that I and everyone else can get a general feel for them. Most of the descriptions will come from in the story itself, or so I hope.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SailorTitan on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:49 am

This RP seems fun, in an interesting way. I'm up for it. I can make a character. That is, if it's ok with you. :3

SailorTitan
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:28 am

Sure, go for it. I'm happy to have anyone who's interested in it.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:38 am

Approved your character SailorTitan. Feel free to post whenever you feel like it.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SailorTitan on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:43 am

Ok, thank you. I'll post whenever I can.

SailorTitan
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:00 pm

Cool, and you're welcome. Take your time though, no hurry.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darkie on Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:28 pm

May I do two character? Thought I'd make two siblings.

Darkie
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:18 pm

If you feel you can manage it then sure, go for it.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:46 am

Hikarian and chieheart, both of your characters have been approved, so feel free to post whenever you find the time.

I don't have a set number of characters in mind so Darkie, submit yours whenever you get them ready.

And SailorTitan and I haven't moved the plot along any so far, we're just sort of filling the gap as people join and begin posting, so don't worry about getting left behind or anything.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darkie on Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:18 am

I'm working with my characters now. When I sent my question I went to bed. It was pretty late but I'll probably be done with them in just a while!

Darkie
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:57 am

That's fine. Like I said, no need to rush or worry about being left behind.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darkie on Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:08 am

Okay! I'm finally done with my character! :3

Darkie
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:35 am

Alright Darkie, you're good to go. Characters are approved, so post whenever.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chieheart on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:19 pm

ahaha I come a day later and I have to read a book. I know what I'll be doing the next hour.

chieheart
Member for 11 years
Author Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:31 am

And of course I don't see this for 2 days -_-' Sorry about that chieheart. Nothing has really happened so far in the rp. People have been talking, random NPCs have come and gone, nothing big.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!