Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Lock, Stock & Barrel - Guns of Aldoria

a part of “Lock, Stock & Barrel - Guns of Aldoria”, a fictional universe by Screwface Romeo.

Take the role of an immortal, superhuman Gunslinger in this Space-Western themed ride through the post-apocalyptic deserts of Aldoria. Duel eachother for your foe's Legendary Gun and powers, or team up to defend the innocent from the forces of Evil.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Lock, Stock & Barrel - Guns of Aldoria”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:14 pm

Welcome to the OOC thread for "Lock, Stock and Barrel"

If you're interested, have a question, or whatever, feel free to post!
Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything! | Gun-Toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes | NationStates's resident AR-18 fanatic and bayonet-hater | STOP! Before you call a magazine a clip, think of the children!

I probably like Quarians a bit more than I should. ShepxTali 4lyf3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Lock, Stock & Barrel - Guns of Aldoria

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falron on Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:19 am

This looks very interesting! I'd love to be a part of it. But I know next to nothing about guns, haha! So I'm gonna need some help in that department.

Also, I have a few questions:
Will there be a character form, or would we just have a to make one up with the needed information?
I like the sound of the UKR, but since I couldn't find an info on the Gunslingers on their part, what kind of weaponry would they have and what kind of allegiance would they have? Or aren't there any there?
How many abilities can one gun give to its bearer? And are these abilities unlocked through battle?

That's all I can think of right now, once again, this sounds absolutely awesome and I can't wait to be a part of it :D

Oh! And here's an RP that I'm part of: Talon & Thorne - Hawk & Rose

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Falron
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:21 am

Sure thing.

Yeah, my bad. There should be a character template, and there will be as soon as I get to it.

The UKR's shtick is badass normals. They're trying to rebuild pre-war society, and the prevailing attitude as that the Gunslingers are creatures of the wastes, and have no more place in "modern society" than mutants. Most UKR citizens don't even believe in them, since they're so isolated, or rather, insulated, from the outside world. A few exist, but they don't get special treatment, and most end up going evil in any event, due to persecution and the fact that all UKR Gunslingers are Battle-Born, which tends to pre-dispose one to darker influences. Their weapons would likely be UKR infantry arms, which are typically caseless or railguns, depending on the unit and rank of the individual.

Depends on the power of the gun. But I'd be cautious about granting too many abilities, just because Mary's always lurking in the shadows of an RP like this.

Yes. The power of a gun and its wielder increases with every victory, proportionate to that victory. So, killing one human bandit would be a negligible increase, but defeating a small army of them would be a huge power boost, as is defeating a more powerful Gunslinger. But that victory has to be gotten honorably, that is, following a challenge. So, you can't just rove around sniping people, you have to tell them you're going to kill them, and they have to accept the challenge.

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falron on Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:01 pm

Alright, thanks for answering. :)

And that's very true, I'll make sure that when I make my character that I won't make a Sue.

Falron
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:03 pm

I've added a character template to the Rules

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:04 pm

I've constructed an extremely rough map that should give you a basic idea of what the continent looks like, with major cities, railways and boarders such as they exist.

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragonbrad on Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:22 pm

Oh, okay. We are starting now, awesome.
Image Image

Dragonbrad
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittlePocketz on Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:59 pm

So, I went ahead and made a character just meow. Saw this and I just could not resist.

LittlePocketz
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:29 pm

Just a couple notes/questions/comments;

• You didn't give me any previous RPs to look at
  • Are his eyes a bi-product of his night vision? Standard Gunslinger eye coloration is silver, but I'm cool with it if it's a result of his powers, a la Riddick
  • Forging a Legendary gun kills the Gunsmith.
  • LeMat for the win. Jayne Approved!

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shiki29 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:52 pm

Can I make a character, too?

Shiki29
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:59 pm

Can I see some examples of your RPing?

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shiki29 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:38 am

I'll add those in my character sheet, when I turn it in later. You're welcome to look at them on my profile, though.

Shiki29
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragonbrad on Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:11 pm

We are waiting on you, Falron.

Dragonbrad
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:39 pm

I've sent Falron two PMs over the last week. If he doesn't reply in 24 hours, I'm taking over his character and we're moving forward.

I'm not going to let this RP die.

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:01 pm

Alright, folks, we are moving on. I'll be playing Cena until Falron decides return.

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragonbrad on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:53 am

Woohoo.

Dragonbrad
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:14 pm

Fiddling around with some 8-gauge shotguns (so, basically a small cannon) for a possible character. Which design looks the most baller?

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shiki29 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:11 pm

I like the top one.

Shiki29
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittlePocketz on Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:45 am

Sorry for taking forever and that short post, guise. I've been busy with work and such.

Sorry for just kinda messing with your character Falron. I normally wouldn't have, but I feel like it fit the situation.

As far as those guns go, I like the one in the bottom right. Even though, I'm pretty sure as an 8-guage that might hurt a normal person to use. But that's what makes it badass.

LittlePocketz
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falron on Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:02 am

LittlePocketz, it's alright :)

I'll reply tomorrow, right now I have to do a massive Maths assignment, luckily the last ever :D Yay for last year of highschool :3

Falron
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!