Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Dead Crow Society

The Dead Crow Society

a part of “The Dead Crow Society”, a fictional universe by MañanaSeeks.

From the ashes we have risen, but so too have the demons. Now, to save the only place safe for us we must eradicate the demons from existence.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Dead Crow Society”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Dead Crow Society

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MañanaSeeks on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:18 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Dead Crow Society"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
“One of the most difficult of all things to endure for a crow, a raven, a wolf, or a human is to feel alone and separated from one's own kind. A sense of belonging is one of the most universal of all feelings.” ~ Lawrence Kilham

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MañanaSeeks
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Dead Crow Society

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MañanaSeeks on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:33 pm

Post Character Reservations Here Please!

A Basic list of Powers is as follows:

Witches and Warlocks have powers that work specifically against each other, wich makes them all the more powerful when they work together. Witches have more healing and defensive power (This does not exclude them from Offensive power however.) and more control over Natural forces.

Where as Warlocks have more control over man made forces and Offensive powers. They are not typically able to handle any form of Healing powers but a few have been known to use an archaic form of Alchemy to help them learn it.

General 'Kinesis' powers are commonly found in both. Such as moving objects with the mind, precognitive abilities, and control over natural forces being a few of the known powers. In additions Warlocks are known to be able to wield certain forms of unnatural energies, such as man made compounds, and can also infuse items (think enchanting.)

Wards and Spells are common and usual spoken in Latin. Wards are used primarily for fending off dangers from a safe home but they often attract supernatural creatures since Wards have a heavy magical scent. Spells are created from a Witch and Warlocks life force and can be many things, like a spell of light, or a spell to make shadows move.

However the older the Witch or Warlock gets the less power they have. The magic begins deteriorating their bodies until they die or their memories pass on to a child.

Children of Witches and Warlocks typically are blank slates. They have their own memories in addition to the ones that their parents pass on in death. Those memories do not come back all at once however and usually take some time to fully develop.

_______ Detailed List Of Abilities. ____________

Common:

"Kinetic Powers"

-Control over Elements such as Wind, Water, Earth, Air and any derivatives such as Lightening, Ice, Metal, Ect. The control of these powers is extremely hard for young Witches and Warlocks to learn and as the Witch/Warlock grows old becomes increasingly less powerful.

-Precognitive abilities are also common among witches and Warlocks, although more commonly found in older ones. Young Witches and Warlocks cant typically sustain the image of a future event long enough to record it, where as its a frequent occurrence for older Witches and Warlocks.

- Basic Spells can be anything made up or otherwise. Like a spell to cast light, or summon an entity. Some spells in level are harder than others, just use your common sense.

-Alchemy is the art of potion making by herbs and other such items with magical properties.

-Enchanting is infusing items with magical properties.

-Cursing/Hexing is a form of spell casting that makes the life of another person miserable.

Less Common -

-Telekenisis Though within the bounds of Kinetic powers its not common in most Witches and Warlocks.

-Astral Projection (Different from Spirit Walking) is an out of body experience most of the times experienced while Sleeping or in fits of anger. Astral projection puts the Witch/Warlock on a plane between Spirit and Reality. In Astral form a Witch/Warlock can pick things up, talk to people of spiritual connections, and can also be seen in mirrors (However not in thin air.)

Unique/ Ultra Rare powers -

Time Stopping - Able to stop time for a few moments. Its hard to control and the less control the less time this works.

Spirit Summoning - Able to call forth Demons or Spirits of lesser power.

Spirit Walking - Able to cross over into the Demonic realm with a persona able to fight off certain entities of that realm. Also able to deal with spirits of lesser malign nature in that realm.

Demonic Powers

Demonic Embodiment - Some witches and Warlocks have an extreme lack of balance in them. Their good to bad power ratio is uneven and usually results in misfiring and being unable to use powers. Demonic Embodiment can come from this lavk of balance if the Witch/Warlocks magic leans more towards Bad or Spiritual spectrums of power. It makes black outs happen in the host and gives the Witch/Warlock demonic appearance. Often it is more a curse than a good thing as in this blacked out state the Witch/Warlock cannot control their demonic selves and can kill millions before waking up.

Most use Sustaining Bracelets (charmed bracelets that act kind of like a battery) to keep their balance of power in check. The bracelet lets a Witch/Warlock know when their magic is unbalanced enough to black out.

Posession - Another curse of a sorts. If a demon possesses the body of a Witch/Warlock then the Witch/Warlock can tap into its power suplly. Though this often turns them crazy

Demons Trap - A spell that can trap a demon inside four walls and keep them contained

Berserker Summoning - Summoning of a very low level demon known as a Berserker. This is a frowned upon type of summoning.
Last edited by MañanaSeeks on Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MañanaSeeks
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MañanaSeeks on Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:08 pm

The sheets have gotten a little messed up in the transition from my phones notepad to the site so If there are any problems with the codes go ahead and either change or delete the field that got messed up. Character sheets can be changed as long as the basic information stays the same.

MañanaSeeks
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaname_Takashi on Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:31 pm

This seems really interesting, but my computer broke so at the moment I can only use one at school or work. That being said, it might take a few days to actually get the skeleton up. If that's okay with you I'd be interested in reserving Kat Graham.

Kaname_Takashi
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MañanaSeeks on Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:34 pm

That's perfectly fine, she is reserved for you! :)

MañanaSeeks
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby suckerluver on Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:02 pm

This looks really juicy, I've been looking for some Salem themed rp and this just looks perfect XD
Would I please be able to reserve Witch 3? But change the FC to Rooney Mara?

"Ask me how deep the ocean is."

suckerluver
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PaintingWar on Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:42 pm

Mind if I reserve Warlock 4?

PaintingWar
Member for 11 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MañanaSeeks on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:52 pm

Both will be reserved and yes Witch 3 will be changed to Rooney Mara

MañanaSeeks
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Carlos_Joaquin on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:02 am

Hey, would you mind if the male warlock apprentice would be my nephew? This, of course, as long as his writer agrees witht the idea :)

Carlos_Joaquin
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MañanaSeeks on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:01 am

I don't mind as long as the writer doesn't.

MañanaSeeks
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UnderSavageEternity on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:07 am

I'm stalking you Mañana - mwahahaha. Just kidding of course. Since I've hit a lull in work I would love to join. By this point you should know my sporadic schedule pretty well.

May I reserve the young Apprentice Warlock?

Edit: @Carlos - If I'm approved then I don't mind at all.

Of course Mañana will approve me because lets be honest, you love me that much Mañana. (I'm proceeding to do the arrogant dance)

UnderSavageEternity
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MañanaSeeks on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:15 am

I guess that answers that.

Savage: Your such a idiot but yes I do love you and the arrogant dance too. Check your email once in a while too. Your approved Love, just ibform me if work goes over the speedbump again.

MañanaSeeks
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darkdiva_14 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:26 am

Hi, can I reserve Witch 2 but is it ok if I change her FC to Shelley Hennig?

Darkdiva_14
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MañanaSeeks on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:27 am

Sure she's reserved.

MañanaSeeks
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby suckerluver on Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:43 am

Finally completed my CS, hope it's alright? XD

suckerluver
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MañanaSeeks on Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:30 pm

She's perfect! :)

MañanaSeeks
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby suckerluver on Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:30 am

Awh! You're too sweet, can't wait to get this rp started as it's going to be SO fun!

suckerluver
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Carlos_Joaquin on Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:39 am

I have to agree! It's hard to find a fun ongoing RP with interesting characters.

BTW, please call me CJ. That's what most people call me in rl anyway.^^
Does any of you know creepypasta?

Carlos_Joaquin
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darkdiva_14 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:27 pm

Hey, I'm gonna try to create the CS tonight. I've been really busy (classes, club meetings, etc.) But I'm working

Darkdiva_14
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby suckerluver on Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:12 pm

Hi CJ! *waves* I'm Alex :P
And sure, I've heard of creepypasta...you mean like the strange ghost/haunted stories?

suckerluver
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!