Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Video Games Collide: End Game

a topic in The Writer's Lounge, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

A place for original short stories, fanfiction, essays, and the like.

Video Games Collide: End Game

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DiamondJack on Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:08 pm

Hello RolePlayGateway. My name is The Harbinger. When I first joined this site my name was Blacx. That was almost five years ago. My first roleplay on this site was called Video Games Collide: The Beginning. It was moderately successful, but now that I look back on it I am ultimately unsatisfied. I have decided to write a story based around the same concept. I hope you enjoy. I plan to write at least one chapter a week.

Introduction

You walk into the Great Library of the Observer. Inside are the records of all of the goings on in the multiverse. You are fascinated by the sheer amount of information stored in this one building.

You find yourself in the center of the building. Here you come across three large statues arranged in a triangle.

The first is of a man wearing some kind of iron armor with a horned helmet. His mouth is open and his expression is intense almost as if he is yelling.

The second statue is of a man in sleek black armor that is accented with red and white stripes. He is shouldering a weapon. The characters M8 appear on the side of the weapon. The symbols N7 are on his chest.

The third statue is of a helmeted man. He is holding a weapon with a blade on the end of it down by his hip. The man has markings of two similar helmets on his shoulder with the names Anthony and Benjamin below them. His armor is rough. He has cogs on a chain around his neck.

As you are admiring the statues a hand touches your shoulder. You turn to see a tall man wearing robes and a strange mask.

"I am the Archivist," he says, "And clearly you are here to learn about the heroes of the multiverse that stopped End Game."

Before you can utter a single word The Archivist takes you to a table in the center of the three statues. He waves his hand over the table and an image appears. It is of the man from the first statue riding a horse toward a walled city of some kind.

"This is the Dovahkiin as he appeared before he first came across the portal End Game created. He is the hero of Skyrim, which is on Nirn. Nirn is a part of an interesting universe in which magic flows like wind."

The Archivist looks at you. "This is where the story begins," says the masked man, "As an Observer, it is your right to know about this. No, it is your duty to know of this so you can spread this dying tale. Watch closely."

With that the image begins to move and you are imersed in it. You become an invisable follower of the mighty Dovahkiin.
"Die? Didn't you know?...Spartans never die."
Kurt Spartan-051 said upon his death

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DiamondJack
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Video Games Collide: End Game

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DiamondJack on Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:56 pm

Dovahkiin
Legend Team

The Dovahkiin rode slowly toward Windhelm. He was going to have a talk with Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak. It was nothing serious, the two were good friends and it had been a long time since the Dragonborn had spoken to the Jarl of Eastmarch. The Dovahkiin also had a house in Windhelm, his housecarl was taking care of that though. This was strictly a pleasure visit.

That's when the Dragonborn noticed the large dragon attacking the city. The hero of Skyrim spurred his horse on as quickly as it would go. The Dovahkiin reached the bridge that lead over the bay to Windhelm when a ball of energy flew from somewhere behind the city walls and struck the dragon. The dragon let a roar and plummeted into the bay below. The dragon's skin slowly vaporized and the beast's soul rushed forward into the Dragonborn.

The Dragonborn decided to enter the city and observe the carnage. To the Dovahkiin's surprise there was little damage at all. A few buildings were coated by the Frost Dragon's icy breath, but other than that the city was unharmed. The scene near the Palace of Kings however was disturbing. Several guards were surrounding a warrior clad in magical yellow armor with red accents. The warrior was pointing their arm at the guards. It was strange that the warrior did not have a hand but a metal tube of some kind.

"Calm down!" Shouted one of the guards, "We are not your enemies. You just saved us from a dragon!"

The hero of Skyrim walked up to the group of guards surrounding the warrior. "What seems to be the problem here?"

"This hero here takes us for enemies," said a guard, "He refuses to lower his magical weapon!"

"Let me talk to him," said Skyrim's hero, "Sheath your weapons and disperse! So says the Thane!"

With that the guards went about their business, but a few leaned against a wall on the other side of the courtyard in front of the Palace of Kings.

The Dragonborn looked at the strangely garbed hero, "I am the Dovahkiin, savior of Skyrim. You have no need to fear me. All in this city are grateful to you. We are not hostile. What is your name good sir?"

The hero reluctantly lowered his arm. He touched a button of some kind on his arm and the helmet of his magical armor popped off. This was no he...

"I trust you," said the warrior. She was blond and had her hair tied up in a pony tail. "My name is Samus Aran."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DiamondJack
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DiamondJack on Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:50 am

John Shepard
Titan Team

Comander Shepard walked down the hallway near councilor Udina's office. He was headed to the Specter terminal. He had to approve a few things for a good friend of his. He wasn't normally this lenient with his Specter Status, but he was feeling generous today.

Shepard entered the Specters' office and walked to the terminal. He tapped a few buttons on the screen and the request was instantly approved. Now all he had to do was return to the Commons in order to notify his friend that the request was approved. Shore leave on the Citadel was tedious sometimes.

As Shepard exited the Specters' office he found himself face to face with a hulking monster. This monster was clad in red armor and happened to be a Krogan. This monster was Urdnot Wrex.

"Wrex!" said Shepard, "It's been a while, how are you?"

"No time for small talk Shepard," said Wrex, "Your gonna need to armor up. Some kind of fire fight is going on in the commons."

Shepard instantly returned into the office behind him and retrieved a set of standard N7 armor, an M-8 Avenger assault rifle, and a Predator heavy pistol. He returned to Wrex and in a silent agreement they ran to the elevator to the commons together.

As they rode they elevator Shepard silently checked his weapons over.

"These things that attacked us are of races we have never encountered. They very, but the ones leading in the attack are tall, slender, and have split jaws," Wrex informed Shepard.

"Interesting," said Shepard, "Anything else I should know?"

"They're only killing humans, well humans and anybody that chooses to shoot at them," Wrex noted.

"Well then we'll show them what happens when you mess with Commander Shepard."

The Elevator doors opened and immediately in front of Wrex and Shepard was one of the aliens Wrex had described. It was just as Wrex had described. Wrex forgot to mention the things had hooves and that they wore some kind of armor that generated shields. The one in front of them was wearing red armor.

Wrex dispatched the thing quickly with a blast from his Claymore Shotgun and a headbutt. Sometimes Wrex was too good at his job.

With that the two began to clear out the enemies in the immediate area. Some were small thin creatures that used energy shields. Others were small things with face masks and weird methane tanks on their backs. The weapons they used were interesting. They shot blue energy or green energy. Some even shot pink crystals of some kind.

Shepard and Wrex quickly moved on and cleared the enemies in each area they came across.

Then the two came across something odd. There were two large armored figures with shields and cannons of some kind for arms guarding a swirling vortex.

Shepard threw a grenade in their direction. All that did was piss them off. Each of them raised their shield and shot green enrgy in Shepard and Wrex's direction. Both took cover. The green bolts of energy exploded violently some where behind Shepard. Shepard a thermal clip into the exposed piece of one of the monsters' flesh where the beast's face should have been. The thing fall over dead. This caused the other to go into a rage and charged Shepard's cover. Wrex shot the thing in the back. It fell in half with the force from the Claymore Shotgun.

"Thanks Wrex," said Shepard.

Wrex didn't seem to hear him as he was walking toward the vortex. Shepard walked up beside him.

"Something tells me the only way we're going to stop this is by going through this thing," said Wrex.

"Well old buddy," said Sheppard, "Let's go."

The two then walked through the swirling Vortex and into the unknown.

DiamondJack
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DiamondJack on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:04 pm

Clayton Carmine
Gold Team

Clayton Carmine woke up with a jolt. The last thing he remembered was falling through a vortex that opened up beneath him and Cole. Cole! Where was Cole? Clayton sat up and looked around. He was in a house, or at least that's what he thought. The room he was in was an extravagant bedroom. Clayton was on the floor near a window. Clayton saw his helmet and put it on.

Clay got up and reloaded his lancer. He took up a position by the door. He pushed it open slowly. Nothing in the hallway. Clayton moved low and slow through the hallway. Cole had to be somewhere in this building and Clay would find him.

Clay reached a corner and he heard someone talking.

"Winston, have you heard about that new artifact they uncovered in Arizona?" asked a woman in a beautiful English Accent.

"Yes, something about the Anasazi and dark rituals of some kind, miss Croft," said an old man, Winston apparently.

"I think I'm going to go there and investigate the are," said the woman, Miss Croft by the sound of it.

Clay peaked around the corner and he saw the woman that had been speaking. She was beautiful She had brown hair tied up in a pony tail. She was wearing a green tank top and khaki short shorts. How was this woman living in such luxury with the grubs and glowies attacking almost everything that moved. Unless...

Clayton jumped from his current position to one closer to the woman, behind a pillar that held up a golden eagle. The pillar was just wide enough to conceal Clayton.

"Did you hear that?" Clay heard the woman ask.

"The sound that sounded like some rolling across the floor Miss Croft?"

'Shit!' thought Clay. He heard footsteps. He looked right. There was nothing there, then he turned left and he was looking down the barrel of a glock.

"Whoa!" said Clay, "Don't Shoot! I'm Human!"

"When does that give you permission to break into another person's house?" asked Miss Croft.

"Wha...? Wait," said Clay, "Don't you know that I'm a Cog?"

"More like a tool," retorted the woman.

"Wait, you don't know about the Locust Threat? The Emulsion?" questioned Clay

"What are blubbering about now?" asked Miss Croft.

"What year is it?" asked Clay.

"2013."

"AE?"

"AD, not AE. Are you from another planet or something?"

"Depends, what do you call this planet?"

"Earth."

"Yup, I'm from another planet."

The woman put down her gun and looked long and hard at Clay. It was like she was trying to read him as if he was some kind of interesting book. It had to be hard, Clayton's face didn't show.

"I think you're from another dimension of some kind," said the woman, "You are human, but you are different from humans in this dimension somehow..."

Clayton was shocked to hear this. He hadn't considered that he had been transported to another to another dimension. Did that mean Cole was in another dimension too?

The woman extended her hand, "Lara Croft"

Clay took her hand and shook it, "Clayton Carmine."

"So what now?" asked Clayton.

"Well I guess you can stay here until we figure out how to get you home," said Lara

"I'll make up the guest room," said Winston.

DiamondJack
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DiamondJack on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:11 pm

Dovahkiin
Legend Team

The Dragonborn had taken Samus to see Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak. She explained her being there in Windhelm. Appearently some kind of magical portal had opened up beneath her when she was traveling to some distant world. She claimed that she was from another dimension

The Dovahkiin had never thought of other dimensions aside from the plains of Oblivion, of which he had had enough.

After the meeting with Ulfric the Dovahkiin took the lady to his house in Windhelm. He sat at the table and she sat directly across from him.

"I think I know of a way to return you home," said Skyrim's Hero

"Really?" asked Samus hopefully.

"We will have to travel to the north to the College of Winterhold," began the Dragonborn, "There some of our most powerful mages could probably conjure a portal up for you."

"Conjure?" asked Samus, "Like with Magic?"

"Is there any other way to conjure?" asked the son of Skyrim.

Samus didn't respond. She had a skeptical look on her face. The Dragonborn either didn't notice, or choose not acknowledge it.

"We shall leave at dawn," said the Dragonborn, "There's a bed upstairs if you wish to sleep. You may have the master bedroom. I will take the side room."

With that the Dragonborn walked up the stairs, into the side room, and collapsed into the bed.

The grand College of Winterhold was truly a sight to behold. The Dragonborn had seen it at least thirty times before, but his companion was absolutely mystified. The college was a citadel on a spire of rock only connected to the main land by a small bridge.

As they walked across the bridge Samus asked several questions. The Dragonborn ignore most of them, but he answered a few about how exactly the mages were going to get her home.

When the two stepped into the center chamber of the college they were greeted by the Archmage. The Dovahkiin explained to him Samus's situation. The Archmage mulled it over for a while and then stated:

"I have no idea how to get your friend home."

Samus fell to her knees. The Dragonborn felt empathy for her. She had traveled all this way just to be shut down.

The room suddenly grew dark. The Archmage, Dragonborn, and Samus suddenly tensed up.

"I knew how to get you home," said a dark voice, "But I'll never send you there. You in your home universe is severely disadventageous to me."

The three looked around and found a man cloaked in black was floating in the center of the circular room.

"I am End Game!" Announced the man, "And I have come to ruin your lives! Speaking of which..."

End game pointed his finger at The Archmage and the Archmage fell to the floor dead. End Game then proceeded to snap his fingers and a portal opened beneath Samus and The Dragonborn and the fell into another universe...

H'lo All. I am sorry this took so long. I've been dealing with Football and Family matters. I hope you enjoyed. The next chapter will have a new character as the title character. Have fun trying to guess who will be joining Wrex and Shepard on Titan Team.

DiamondJack
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!