Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Seeking a Student or Test Dummy

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Seeking a Student or Test Dummy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dionysus on Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:15 am

Hello, my name is Wesley and I am a 10-year RPG veteran of on-line fighting. Some of you may have already heard about me. Others have never heard of me until now. What this thread is all about, and the reason for it's heading, is because I have created a new on-line fighting style called WTCM, and am in the process of writing a tutorial. You can already find a basic WTCM tutorial on this website, just go to "Wesley's Textual Combat Method" in the Role Play Academy section of the Roleplay Gateway forums. This tutorial will give you a basic understanding of WTCM, and what we will be practicing here on this thread. What the WTCM tutorial is lacking right now are clear examples of how it works. But in order to make an example, I first need someone (one of you) to help me. So, if you are interested in learning WTCM and would like to have your name included in my tutorial, then please reply to this message. Keep in mind, I will only be accepting one of you as my student or test dummy for this project. So whoever replies first will have this great honor. At the end of our project, when your training is complete, you will also be entitled to another great honor in the RPG community. I myself will personally initiate you into the Z-senshi Elite, a well respected roleplaying clan which traces its origins all the way back to 1995.

For those of you who have not yet heard about the Z-senshi Elite, but wish to take a part in it, please know beforehand that I myself was the last person ever to be initiated back in 2001. The master who came before me has retired, and all the other members of our clan have since dissapeared over the years. I am the last of my kind, and I have never before initiated anyone myself. That is why I am the last great member of this honorable tradition. But do not think that you can pass yourself off as one of the Z-senshi, just by self-proclaiming to be a member. We have always, since the very beginning of our clan, had rules and traditions in which we follow. A true member of the Z-senshi Elite can spot a fraud from a mile away, since our clan knows its roots and has a direct lineage back to the beginning. The very name you are given will allow other members of the Z-senshi Elite to recognize you as one of their own. I will not go into further details on this, that is something personal which you will have to learn.

Anyways, if you are interested in learning WTCM and would like to take part in this tradition, then post your response and we will begin your training right away. At the end of our session, once I am confident that you have what it takes to teach WTCM to other people, I will retire into the world of the forgotten and you will be the sole inheritor of my system. I will train you to become a respected roleplayer in the Roleplay Gateway community, and I myself will personally see to it that you are ready to become an instructor. I am 24-years-old now, and getting too old for this sort of thing. That is why I am ready to hand my gift over to the next generation of great on-line fighters. If you read this post and decide you are not interested in what I have to offer, please don't reply or say anything. I have some good friends here in the Roleplay Gateway community, especially in the administration, who will delete any foul posts at my slightest request. Thank you for reading this, and I will be waiting to hear from you soon.
DIONYSUS THE TWICE BORNE
THE HUMAN BEING WHO DIED TO BECOME THE IMMORTAL GOD
VETERAN ROLEPLAYER AND GUARDIAN OF TEXTUAL COMBAT SINCE 1998

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dionysus
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Seeking a Student or Test Dummy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AngelDreams on Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:23 am

I do, I want to be your student
ImageImageImageImageImageHelp me Level them Up PLEASE!!!!!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AngelDreams
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dionysus on Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:26 am

AngelDreams wrote:I do

Congradulations... Fill this out:
OOC-Name:
IC-Name:

#01.) How old are you?
#02.) How tall are you?
#03.) What is your gender?
#04.) How much do you weigh?
#05.) What is your state/province and country of origin?
#06.) How long have you been an active roleplayer?
#07.) How long have you been a member of this roleplaying community?
#08.) Have you ever been a member of any other roleplaying communities?
#09.) Do you plan to stop roleplaying within the next five years?
#10.) What is your prefered method of textual combat?
Last edited by Dionysus on Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

Dionysus
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AngelDreams on Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:38 am

My display name is angel dreams if you want my real name then pm me

AngelDreams
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dionysus on Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:53 am

Okay, thank you Angel... a PM has been sent.

The reason for so many questions is to test whether or not you qualify to be my student. You will be happy to know that after reviewing your answers to the test, I have decided that you do indeed qualify to be my student. I see you are from Houston, that's where I was born. Freestyle, that was also my prefered method of textual combat back when I first started roleplaying. Freestyle was invented by the Z-senshi Elite back in 1995, before most people even knew what Freestyle was. WTCM is a form of Parastyle, though, so please read this tutorial before we begin, and then reply to this message after you're done reading it:
wesley-textual-combat-methods-t7974.html

Dionysus
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dionysus on Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:37 am

LESSON #01:
BATTLEFIELD SCENERIOS

#01.) Location: Brunzvik Sweden
#02.) Landscape: Rocky Hillshire Cliffs
#03.) Year: 964 C.E.
#04.) Time: Morning
#05.) Season: Autumn
#06.) Weather: Mostly Cloudy
#07.) Climate: Temperate Zone
#08.) Wind Direction: North

Above is a good example of how a battlefield scenerio should look. The battlefield scenerio is not something that is etched in stone during the engagement, it can change throughout the story, depending on how long the battle takes to finish. Nevertheless, it is always included at the beginning of the story, before the battle even begins. The battlefield scenerio provides a good starting point from which to make your character's introduction. Besides the battlefield scenerio, your character's introduction will be the most important post you make throughout the game. The more details you include in your character's introduction to the battlefield, the easier it will be for other players to grasp what is happening during the events. Below is a good example of a proper WTCM introduction:

LESSON #02:
CHARACTER INTRODUCTIONS

Lordred Hygeliac stood above the highlands on a rocky plattaeu, looking out over the hillshire below. Lordred was a giant even amongst giants, standing over six-foot-six-inches-tall from head to heel. Even at the ripe age of fourty-four-years-old, Lordred had the physique of a strong young warrior. This was not an untypical quality for a karl viking, who weighed as much as a small bull. Lordred Hygeliac was a Swedish king, dressed neatly for battle in his wolfskin tunic. He wore thick hairy boots made from bear-hide, and even had the matching bearskin cape thrown over his shoulders. Lordred was not an appealing man, nor were his clothes of high quality. His leather trousers were worn and ripped at the knees, while his bearskin gloves seemed to have holes at the fingers. He had no fine jewelry, apart from the silver amulet of a tail-devouring serpent around his neck. His hair was dirty blonde, long and wavy, but thin and stringy like a mop. Nevertheless he was a king, who commanded loyalty and respect from his barbaric army of Swedish vikings.

Lordred's clear blue eyes glimmered like frozen glaciers in the sea, giving off the look of a warrior who had seen many battles. He wore a faded leather scabbard on his back, sheathing a heavy one-handed broad sword made from iron with his own two calloused hands. His neck was thick, as was his jaw. His arms and legs were like massive tree trunks, and his hands were the size of small frying pans. Lordred's sword was stained with the dry blood of his past foes and family members, who had tried but failed to seize his throne. Lordred's rank as a king came not from his wealth and fortune, but from his ability to fight and survive in some of the harshest enviroments known to mankind. As he walked down the rocky sloped highlands into the shire, he gazed upward at the skies in awe of the gods which he believed in deep inside. The sky was grey and cloudy, casting a morning shadow over the hills and riverbeds.

As he got to the bottom of the rocks, Lordred approached some other members of his clan. There were six or seven of them, dressed just like himself in clothing and costume. Some wore metal breast-plates, while others wore chain-mail vests and sleeves. Apart from the silver amulet around Lordred's neck, there was no distinction between him and his soldiers. They were all as equals in his company, treated undistinctly without favoritism. Nevertheless, however, they all trusted Lordred Hygeliac as their leader. As they all sat together, joking and drinking their morning blend of coffees, Lordred walked over to their small camp fire and stomped it out. Looking up at the skies had caused him to notice the rising smoke from the fire, which was giving away their position in the shire. He knew they were not alone in the mountains, and that sooner or later someone else would come along to see what all the smoke was about.

That's a pretty good example of a WTCM introduction. It could be longer and more detailed, but 3-paragraphs sums it up nicely. You don't want to type any less than 3-paragraphs, three is the minimum you want to have. 5-paragraphs would be the normal preference, 7-10 being above average. But since this is just an example, I'll keep it short. What's important to have in an introduction, no matter how long you have it though, is a list of details. Here, this time you try it. Type an introduction for your character, using highly detailed paragraphs. Make yourself a check-list and cross off the following details as you add them into your story. That way, you will be sure not to miss anything important:

#01.) Character's Name
#02.) Character's Height
#03.) Character's Weight
#04.) Character's Gender
#05.) Character's Age
#06.) Character's Race
#07.) Character's Class
#08.) Character's Looks
#09.) Character's Items
#10.) Character's Army

Dionysus
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dionysus on Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:07 am

AngelDreams has just informed me through PM that he/she will no longer be an active member of the Roleplay Gateway community, due to OOC schooling and personal affairs. That is regrettable, but as it seems, your once in a life-time opportunity is once again possible. That being said, I have changed my cirricullum and will now be accepting ANYONE who wishes to learn WTCM or become my student. Before I was only accepting one initiate into my personal program for private training... But now I am going to open a school, where multiple students can train all at the same time.

If you are interested, just send me a PM and we will discuss your initiation... ^_^

Dionysus
Member for 18 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!