Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

For SCIENCE!

For SCIENCE!

a part of “For SCIENCE!”, a fictional universe by Juilii.

Sometimes, movies make science=superpowers seem way too easy...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “For SCIENCE!”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

For SCIENCE!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juilii on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:13 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "For SCIENCE!"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Juilii
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: For SCIENCE!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IvyCoppersky on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:56 pm

Heya. Sent in my characters. Please approve. :)

Could you explain to me a little more about this? Whats your plans for it, what does this alternate dimension look like?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

IvyCoppersky
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackIceRocker on Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:14 pm

I've been wanting to do a sci-fi-esque experimentation RP for a while, and this seems like it'd be a good way for me to scratch that itch. However, there's one question that I've got before I decide to commit--what do you want to see from a character sheet, considering you've given no skeleton at all? What sort of characters are you looking for--more human ones or more inhuman ones? I have ideas for both, but I wanted to make sure that you've got something in mind from what you want to see before I blindly go in and make something that you don't want.

BlackIceRocker
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juilii on Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:44 pm

Oh my goodness, i'm very sorry I didn't make it clearer, I kinda went and put in something so vague...
damn it.
ANYWAYS, It varies significantly where the person landed, but the time period is sort of like early 1900's, So more country than city. Its a tiny bit anachronic- some steampunk, I suppose, but not extreme to the point we have everything covered in gears.
Also, the people will start off as human like- they start becoming more inhuman as the experimenting starts yielding results.
Also, I'll provide a skelly and other things in a moment.
PLEASE ASK AWAY! I'm sure there is more that needs explaining, so ask if I need to clear up more stuffs.

Juilii
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IvyCoppersky on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:08 pm

So, the other dimension is like our own 'Earth', from the 1900s? No pink trees, unheard-of animals, dragons or talking chimeras?

And vaguity (I don't actually think thats a word, hahaha!) inspires us to think outside the box! I hate people that are overly this-is-how-it-is, because it leaves no room to use my own imagination. So, a bit of vagueness is a good thing! The only thing needed is for you to give us enough words to share your vision, so we can adapt it and personalize it, and create something together. Thats what makes it fun!

Oh, and whats this old lady like? The cookies type or the evil scientist type? The evil-pretending-to-be-good-but-is-acutally-insane-and-has it-out-for-our-characters type or the good-but-some-evil-curiosity-so-experiments-on-humans-ppor-old-lady-we-should-feel-sorry-for type? :)

IvyCoppersky
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juilii on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:30 pm

First paragraph- There are such things as pink trees(Or magenta purple, im thinking plum trees) however, I suppose there is room for otherworldy characters, only not to the point of running the place.
Second paragraph-Im so glad it wasnt something of an extreme severe issue!
Third paragraph-Uhh...Ill make her skelly in a moment... and see what impression she makes on you.

Juilii
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FrontierKnight on Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:01 pm

Hey had a question about the experiments, is there only one throughout the story to give one series of results or are there a few?

Also are there specific things you don't want our characters to gain from the experiments, I'm pretty sure I'll add some nasty side effects to mine, is that a requirement?

Basically just want to know how they play out. :D

FrontierKnight
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juilii on Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:59 pm

First paragraph- Im not quite sure what you mean, could you rephrase it somewhat? Im going to assume you mean does everyone get similar abilities/effects. She uses different methods to change people- she prefers chemicals and stuff but she does have other methods combined sometimes.

second paragraph- Well, they cant become omnipresent or reality warpers, but im going to have to wait and see which others i'd have to specifically ban- but maybe I wont, if people abide by no godmodding, they should use a bit of sense. There is no requirement to what happens to your person as they change or the longer term effects, that is completely up to you.

Sidenote, Pics for characters- I prefer real ones over anime ones. Not forbidding it, but its strongly preferred by me. Not like that would be a factor in approval, but just saying.

Juilii
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IvyCoppersky on Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:59 pm

I think Frontier means is there only one experiment done, like the character being suddenly snatched up and experimented on, then dumped out with the abilities, or is there a series of tests done over a period of time? Then, do the abilities come on slow after that, or all at once?

As for pics, I always use anime ones for humans, I find non-anime ones annoying and uncomfortable because first of all I can never find someone that looks exactly the same as what I'm looking for, second if it's someone I saw on TV or something, I automatically attribute this or that personality trait to my character because that's my first impression of their real selves, and Third the first site I ever RPed on had a bunch of people that just went around ragging on people for stealing other's identities, so I have a pre-ordained aversion to them. If you want, I could put a real pic. I don't mind all that much, actually, so long as I can find one, I just have to be careful about keeping myself in mind instead of letting my thoughts slip into the mindset of the face's until I get used to it.

Also, could someone PLEASE tell me how to post pictures on your character descriptions and introductions!!! Gah!!! :P

IvyCoppersky
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juilii on Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:34 am

first paragraph-...oh. Well, in that case, she is very nice and stuff, so she lures in people that way. Then she preforms the tests over a period of time and, depending on the people, the effects start to show within days or weeks, depending how (cruel) you want to treat your character.

second paragraph- Oh, well I just mentioned that bit so people knew that they could use either or, since some require all anime or all non anime, so im letting people go with what they prefer. Im fine with people using anime pics, Its just I myself often prefer non anime.

third paragraph- If you found the image on image search-maybe google(works with all)
1)Click the picture
2)Click view image(Often a button; otherwise right click and pick that option.Should come up.)
3)Image pops up on a blank background.
4)Copy whats in the address bar. All of it.
5) Go to your description. Type [ img ] no spaces.
6)Paste what you copied.
7)Type [ / i m g ] no spaces.
8) That should do it.

If you have the pic saved on your computer-
1)Upload it to photobucket.
2)When it is, they give you an option to copy what you need to put it on the description.
3)That should work.

Juilii
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FrontierKnight on Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:44 am

Hey thanks for clearing that up, I was wondering about the frequency of the experiments like Ivy said. I'll be sure to get my character finished soon.

FrontierKnight
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IvyCoppersky on Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:24 pm

Alrightie, edited them. It took less time than I thought, most of the ability stuff was actually only in the ability sections. (huh, imagine that)

Or not, I edited the wrong characters, for an entirely different RP. XD

IvyCoppersky
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juilii on Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:18 pm

I guess now we wait for the others to submit. Until then, ill try to be around as much as possible, since I have quite a few things in the outside world that require me away from the computer.

Juilii
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juilii on Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:54 pm

This damn site isnt letting me post the cover image arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Juilii
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juilii on Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:19 pm

So, I dunno about you guys, but im just about ready to start. If anyone wants to submit another character or two or want to invite more people, try to get them to do it quickly, since I wanna start soon- maybe later today, maybe tomorrow, depending if nothing shows up here in the real world.

Juilii
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackIceRocker on Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:10 pm

I apologize for the delay on my end; I've been dealing with some school stuff as of late. Got my character all submitted and ready to go if you're willing to accept her.

BlackIceRocker
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juilii on Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:41 pm

not to worry, Ive been dealing with stuff like that as well :) shes been accepted.

Juilii
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juilii on Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:45 pm

So, who's ready to start? I'll post something of an example so you guys know more or less how your entrance will be, as well as certain circumstances.

Juilii
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IvyCoppersky on Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:32 am

I'm not going to be able to start posting yet, from July 5th until the 18th, our internet is being temporarily cut off by construction. I'm so sorry, I had no idea this would happen, but they suddenly put a notice on our door about it about an hour ago. Some shiz about the equipment radio waves or whatever, bunch of tech-speak I don't understand.

IvyCoppersky
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juilii on Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:41 pm

Dont worry about it, right now I can probably only check the site once a day anyway, due to lots of stuff piling up, like driving tests, parties and getting the last few things I need for college.

Juilii
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!