Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

When You Go Past the Threshold

a part of “When You Go Past the Threshold”, a fictional universe by SkyCladSaya06.

The year 2186...the peak of the virtual network. A new threat has emerged but, with tensions between F.A.I.T.H and Stardust as high as they are, can mankind still find time to prevent it?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “When You Go Past the Threshold”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:22 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "When You Go Past the Threshold"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: When You Go Past the Threshold

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheshire_Girl on Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:09 am

I would like to reserve a spot, not sure which side yet though. It will be female and the FC will be Shino Asada from Sword Art Online 2.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cheshire_Girl
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:11 am

@Cheshire girl Sure thing.

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mei on Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:36 am

I also would like to reserve one spot if it's okay. Edit: I changed my mind, my FC would be Himea Saito.
Last edited by Mei on Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It doesn't matter how many relationships we seem to have. We're all alone."

Mei
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:17 am

@Mei Yeah sure it's alright.

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyx on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:01 pm

I would like to reserve a spot on the F.A.I.T.H. side, please and thank you. Don't know who the FC will be yet.

Lyx
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby diadem on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:22 pm

Hello! Ah, sci-fi. I really like this genre. ^^ I'd like to reserve a stardust member, their FC would be Frey from Fisheye Placebo. It's a web-comic so there aren't really many gifs...

But there the handsome devil is!

diadem
Member for 10 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:33 pm

@Lyx and Diadem Sure thing.

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:03 pm

Okay, heads up for those who'll be using guns in their SEEDs. And regarding equipment in general.

The guns don't need to be realistic but, please include detail. Stuff like one handed, two-handed (depends on the weight), caliber, range and magazine capacity. This will help avoid problems later on in scenarios like:

SEED A fired at SEED B. SEED B dodges, moves away around like, 500 meters yet he still gets bullets headed at him. SEED B argues that the gun isn't supposed to be able to hit that far.

I'm no gun expert myself but, basically that. I don't think a pistol can hit a target that's like, a kilometer away. Take recoil into account as well. Magazine capacity is to avoid infinite bullets (characters going on a shooting spree without reloading etc.) Also, keep track of how many bullets one has fired as well.

As for other weapons, detail as well. If a SEED is able to wield a Buster Sword with one hand, I do expect some sort of detail on why it is possible like, the blade being made from light materials and other design considerations. But, do include trade-offs and compromises done.

Distribute abilities fairly. At most, have two things that characters are really great at, like information gathering and fencing. Connecting talents are fine so long as it is reasonable. For instance: One is skilled with a sword so, it is okay to be able to wield daggers proficiently as well since, a dagger is practically a shorter version of a sword. Being able to drive a motorcycle doesn't mean one can drive a car or a plane. Being good with guns won't mean that the character is skilled in martial arts as well.

Last, even if a SEED is a extension of the consciousness, it doesn't mean that it inherits all talents and vice-versa. A SEED may be good with a sword but, it won't mean that it's user is. A user may be an excellent gunner but it won't mean that his SEED will be one. Again, balance is key. Remember that in the real world, the characters are real people who can't fly, transform, stay underwater for more than an hour or take on gunners with a sword.

That's about it (I think?). I should have placed these in the rules sooner so, my bad.

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheshire_Girl on Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:55 pm

I'm afraid I have too many commitments in the real world and will have to drop this RP.

Good luck, I hope you all succeed!

Cheshire_Girl
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:43 am

@Lyx Already approved your character.

I created a leader for F.A.I.T.H of sorts; if anyone wants to make more than one character, feel free to do so.

Last, scheduled start of this RP is Friday, November 28, 2014. In my country's time zone that is.

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeathScythe386 on Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:55 am

@Saya I noticed the leader for F.A.I.T.H, so...if you don't mind could I make some sort of leader figure of Stardust? Not exactly the leader of the whole of Stardust but a leader of a certain division?
Image Image
"We could have played games again."

DeathScythe386
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:03 am

@Scythe Yeah, it's ok.

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby holothewisewolf on Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:48 pm

This is going to be so cool.
so how is everyone?
(\ /)
( . .)
(")(")

getting closer to world domination since 1999.

holothewisewolf
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby holothewisewolf on Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:50 am

Is this still going to happen? I hope it does.

holothewisewolf
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:10 am

Starting post is up! Tagged everyone to alert them. Left the starting post open-ended of sorts.

@diadem Just try to follow your character later on.

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby holothewisewolf on Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:21 pm

Where'd everybody go? This place is like a ghost town.

holothewisewolf
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:21 am

I thought everybody had already disappeared...

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby holothewisewolf on Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:49 pm

.... I'm still here. As always.

holothewisewolf
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!