Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Story Ideas - Seeking Partners (1x1)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Story Ideas - Seeking Partners (1x1)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Codexx on Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:05 am

ZOMBIELAND

The Story:

It's been a year - Not long in the grand scheme of things, but for those still surviving, with no answers, or end in sight, it can easily feel like an eternity. It was a gradual thing, the end of the world, it didn't happen suddenly, or in a big bang. There were news reports, the kind of thing you'd watch late at night after a long day at work and marvel at the insanity of the world. Content in the knowledge that it couldn't touch you. But you'd be wrong. Mentions of this new super flu were brief, always getting hidden beneath stories about politicians, or celebrities, or some big violent crime.

Then it was reports of people going mad in the streets. One story reported finding a homeless man chowing down on his friend's innards in board daylight.

From there it got steadily worse until the entire world was a shitstorm, and slowly, agonizingly slowly, the entire world fell apart. The dead came back, one moment, you're crying over dear grandmama's not yet cold corpse, and the next, she is trying to take a bite out of you. Cities went to hell in a handbasket as 'Survival of the Fittest' became the common mentality, and it all crumbled from there. Flash forward 12 months, and you have a world with no electricity (unless you are absurdly lucky) no cell service, and no internet access. The dead roam the earth, and people are just trying to survive - to make it just one more day.

You have your classic survival types, power in groups. Then there are the ones hunting for a cure, for answers. There are the ones who've holed up in gated communities and small areas of little towns, just hoping that someone else will fix it, while they ride it out. This story is about two people in this world, one of them is average, a run-of-the-mill young woman doing whatever she can to make it in this new reality. The second is a young man, who was quickly becoming one of Hollywood's rising stars. He was a celebrity, the world was his playground, and then this shit happened. His status allowed him some early cushion (everyone loves a celebrity) but now he's alone, desperate, and about to run into an equally alone and desperate young woman. Together, they are going to tackle the challenges thrown their way, while they try not to get eaten, or killed.

My Character:

My character would be the average citizen, the young woman in this dynamic duo. She is a vague musing in my head, and I'll better flesh her out if I get any interest here.

Partner Character:

The male celebrity - He was hot stuff before the Zombie Apocalypse, and is likely still a recognizable figure. How he was known is up to his writer (Musician, Actor, etc) as is his personality, appearance, and history. I am a highly visual person, so would appreciate a proper face claim for him (meaning, real life person, not anime or drawn)

Inspirations and Additional Information:

Inspired by Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead, and The Walking Dead.

I'm thinking both characters are in their early to mid-twenties. ( 21-26) roughly. I would like them to be close in age, though they don't need to be the same age.

My thought on the story is it's a mixture of dark comedy, gritty and harsh themes, with a bit of light-heartedness, and of course my absolute must have in stories. Romance. I intend for this to be a mature story, and hope that whomever might be interested is willing to give the same effort in posts and planning as I am. :)

I find the idea of having a celebrity in the mix amusing, the average joe, and then someone who lived on the 'other side' in a sense. I do want to have his celebrity status affect things at points - possibly coloring how people treat him or react to his presence.

Ultimately, my desire for the story is a focus on these two characters and how they survive in this world, how they handle each other, and how they fall in love. As well as how the world and the people in it affect and change them. I'd love for them to experience various things. Being on their own, finding a temporary group, even being welcomed into a settlement of sorts and going from there.

I am seeking someone who wants to communicate regularly with me about the world, the characters, and the plots. Help me build it, and make it a story that is 'ours'.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Codexx
Member for 7 years
Promethean Friendly Beginnings Author Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!