Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Prehistoric Park OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Prehistoric Park OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:39 am

In the middle of the Pacific Ocean, there is a group of five islands, called the Kakala islands, is home to a new industry; breeding, sale and hunting of prehistoric animals. The pioneer of this new field, Doctor Fausto Tapia, received backing from several corporations, bought these islands twelve years ago and set up his lab on the second largest of the islands, Telei.

Head Gamekeeper, Cole Hurst, who was also an investor for Doctor Fausto, turned the largest island, Ateca, into a game preserve, sectioned off into different areas based on that kind of game one wanted to hunt.

For nine years, the staff of the Kakala islands worked on cloning various animals from DNA found in teeth, frozen bodies, blood in the stomachs of Mosquitoes trapped in amber and making sure that the islands safe systems work. Doctor Fausto remembered watching Jurassic Park and wanted to make sure nothing like that happened.

After building up their stocks and safety protocols, Doctor Fausto went public, opening up a small park for the richer persons to come and view some of the more peaceful beasts. Cole Hurst opened Ateca to hunters that wanted to bag a truly rare trophy. They also began to sell various specimens to zoos and privet collectors for a large profit.

Two years ago, they opened a second park for the viewing of a few of the carnivores that were being breed for the game preserve. This coincided with the parks becoming more affordable to the general public and a hotel being build on Telei and the connection off all the islands by bridges.

For two years now, life has been very good but not all is well in paradise when storms roll in.

Alright, this rp is a little like Jurassic Park (well I’m a bloody liar, its a lot like Jurassic Park). It will start off with a lighting strike setting off the fuel reserves for the generators that power all the fences, computers, ect on the Kakala islands while Doctor Fausto and Cole Hurst are away on a public relations thingy. I’ll give you three guesses as to what happens then? If you guessed the animals get out, you get a cookie and they get out very quickly.

Character Profiles

Name:

Looks:

Reason for being there (lab tech, tourist, gamekeeper, hunter ect?):

Other:

Mine

Name: Andy Clark

Looks: shortly cut brown hair, green eyes, a lean build, stands at good five foot ten inches tall. He wears the standard Prehistoric park gamekeeper uniform of khaki color pants and shirt with a pair of steel toed hiking boots.

Reason for being there (lab tech, tourist, gamekeeper, hunter ect?): Gamekeeper

Other: Andy agreed to work at Prehistoric park under the conditions when he was first offered the job ten years ago. 1. free room and board 2. a small amount of spending money 3. a Smilodon cub. He has gotten all his conditions as of four months ago. He also keeps a .45 Ruger Redhawk revolver around just in case.
Last edited by Irish Wolf on Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Re: Prehistoric Park OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:50 am

Name: Arianna McPhlellan

Looks: She's small, but in good shape for a 60 year old woman. However, she's going a little senile. Her hair is curly, and dyed strawberry blonde. She has horn-rimmed glasses with rhinestones embedded in the horn part, and on the earpieces.

Reason for being there: tourist

Other: She is here with her husband, her grandchildren, their wives, and their combined total of eleven kids.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:41 am

kids, small little morsels for the beasties. Well I'll start the IC sometime today, I'm not sure when. I'm going to drain and transport a 55gal fish tank from a coworker.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Michel on Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:56 am

Name: Amin al-Ahmed Ibn Nasser al-Sabah

Looks: of medium height, dusky skinned and sporting a a neatly trimmed goatee.His eyes are dark and calculating. At the moment he is sporting a hand-tailored Brioni suit (€36,000) and Berluti shoes (€1500).

Reason for being there: Tourist

Other: Wearing a €40,000 outfit on a game excursion might not seem like the best idea, but few people are interested in disagreeing with a member of Kuwait's royal family. A son of Kuwaiti Prime Minister Nasser Mohammed al-Ahmed al-Sabah, Amin personally holds a significant share in Chevron, which has made fabulously wealthy. He has taken this trip with a few members of his inner circle in order to go big game hunting, and has sworn to have a tyrannosaurus rex skull to place in his family estate by the time he returns.
Her fingertips, outstretched, sketched a farewell,
Her eyes, downcast, asked when I would return.
And I replied, "What traveler went forth
Who knew the fate God had in store for him?"

-Unattributed, quoted in al-Abshihi (d. 1446), Al-mustatraf

Saint Michel
Member for 16 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:29 pm

IC is open and all characters are accepted

perhistoric-park-t9197.html

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orkzmichael on Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:51 pm

Name:Lance Benadict

Looks:Brown hair abit scruffy short beard and a brown jacket with a tie and shorts

Reason for being there (lab tech, tourist, gamekeeper, hunter ect?):Hunter

Other:Lance is a veteran hunter and came ot the island to study possible future prey,until the storm hit then its just about survival.

Orkzmichael
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AliceInWonderland on Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:28 pm

Name: Jeanna Wallace

Looks: Dark, bone straight hair styled in an A-Line bob. Dull, thin, green eyes behind thick glasses. Short and thin with a decent face (I really can't describe her without wanting to go into full RP mode so I'll leave it at that).

Reason for being there (lab tech, tourist, gamekeeper, hunter ect?): Lab Tech

Other: Pretty plain jane genius. Left-a-full-ride scholarship-to-Harvard Law-to-go-hug-trees kind of environmentalist. Very sure of herself though quiet when in a social situation that requires her to relate to others rather then study them.
(21:15:34) Twilight_Maiya: Alice: I wanna be ya bottom chick o_o demote Saken

AliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:30 pm

Alright, New Blood! your in but I was thinking of reopening this game in a day or two.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!