Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Eye of the Beholder [Interest Check] (Fantasy RP)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Eye of the Beholder [Interest Check] (Fantasy RP)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FranticAntix on Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:06 pm

Ok, so I have this idea in my head....I've made a story and I was wondering if anyone wanted to play some of the main characters. I plan on having several NPC's that will guide you along your way (if needed to move the plot along). Other than that, I'm looking for the RP'ers that are going to be consistent posters. I expect at least a paragraph for every post. Your posts need to be understandable and contain some sort of action. Beyond that, I believe in quality, not quantity.

Character options are very open here with the exception of vampires, demons, angels, ghosts, lycans. Acceptable characters would be more like; elves, half-elves,humans, orcs, half-orcs, dwarfs, gnomes, any sub race of the aforementioned would be fine to but you have to contain a brief description of that race.

If anyone likes my idea please let me know and I'll post something up in the OOC forums.

Forgot to mention: The story line is a bit classic but I do have some twists and turns along the way planned.

The Story
Eye of the Beholder

Nothing is as it seems........

In the farthest reaches of the Crestian Sea lay the islands of Yara. A small kingdom when compared to the others of Lore. Life revolved around the importing and exporting of exotic sea and island supplied products. Such things as fish, pearls, fruit, special woods that only grew on the islands, and sponges. Although small, Yara was a rich kingdom. Unfortunately for it's people the royal family was a jealous and greedy sort.

For the last few centuries, Yara was ruled by the most self-indulgent of three kings. They taxed the working class heavily and punished many for petty crimes. Because the income of Yara revolved around the exporting of goods, farmers weren't allowed to keep any of their crops. They would have to purchase everything they needed including the food that grew by their very houses. This only served to fatten the kings' pockets even more. So life was for each of the past kings that ruled Yara. It was only until recently, after the death of King Malozar, that the people have been living in peace.

Leaving only one heir, Princess Katarina, she ruled with a gentle hand. By lowering the taxes and making life for everyone brighter, she gained the love and respect of her people. She was a beautiful young woman. Some would call her the ‘Nymph of Yara’ because of her goddess like looks. Her hair was so long it traveled down the length of her legs. Naturally a dark brown color, the outer most layers of hair were bleached to a copper color because of the exposure to sun. She was deeply tanned with crystal like blue eyes. You could swear she could see through to your very being as if you were an apparition.

One evening she vanished. It seemed almost out of thin air. Her personal guardsmen were on watch and swore that they knew and saw nothing of her whereabouts. They said that Princess Katarina was famous for taking strolls along the shores by herself in the middle of the night, and offered this as an explanation for her disappearance. The head of the royal guard, Vincent, ordered five of his best men to search the seashore for her. They however, never returned.

In her absence, Vincent was left to run the Kingdom as best he could. Like many of the people of Yara, he loved his princess and was adamant in finding her. After sending several searching parties for her, with no return of men or message, he decided it was time to seek more adequate help. Instead of sending his best men in search of Katarina, he sent the wisest and smartest of them overseas in search of adventurers who were capable of completing the task.
Last edited by FranticAntix on Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FranticAntix
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Eye of the Beholder [Interest Check] (Fantasy RP)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:12 pm

I'm in, this will placate that medievalish urge that had been gripping me.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FranticAntix on Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:15 pm

lol, good to have you.

I'm hoping to get at least ten people interested because I'd like to have at least five in the rp itself when I start it.

FranticAntix
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:25 pm

I'm thinking Human or Half-Elf mercenary for my character.

Oh and one question, you said any sub race as a character. Are you going to let Drow or dark elves be good characters?

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FranticAntix on Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:33 pm

of course, if that's what someone wants. If you read into the forgotten realms at all, there are actually a lot of drow that were followers of Elistree that were good or neutral characters. You can't forget of the legendary Drizzit either 8D. I read a lot if you didn't notice :p.

FranticAntix
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:47 pm

Drizzit is a god in his own right and a singular entity of the good Drow. This lot of "good" Drow are blasphemy. I love the Forgotten Realms books and I play D&D but all theses good Drow popping out of the wood work royal annoys me and my mates in our D&D group.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifeismypassion on Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:00 pm

This sounds like a lot of fun I am in if you'll have me.
In a world gone mad, the lunitics are the truly sane.

Lifeismypassion
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marshmellow on Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:06 pm

I think I've been doing tooooooooo many fantasy RPs but I'd totally do this one.

Marshmellow
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FranticAntix on Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:07 pm

Irish Wolf wrote:Drizzit is a god in his own right and a singular entity of the good Drow. This lot of "good" Drow are blasphemy. I love the Forgotten Realms books and I play D&D but all theses good Drow popping out of the wood work royal annoys me and my mates in our D&D group.

PISH POSH!

I will take as many that will join. You are very welcome LimP and Marsh!

FranticAntix
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifeismypassion on Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:11 pm

Thank you kindly. What kind of characters are you looking for?
I must go to work however, but will be back in a few hours.
Last edited by Lifeismypassion on Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lifeismypassion
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paprika on Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:25 pm

This sounds interesting. And count me in for consistency! :D
anything.can.happen

Paprika
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:31 pm

Its good to see the two people I linked to this thread decided to join up.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CR22 on Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:32 pm

I'm pretty interested. Any specific background information concerning races, magic, etc?

CR22
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jermain on Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:07 pm

Yeah, you can count me in too, but there's only the topic of magic, that's really all I want to know about, everything else seems simple enough.

It's a uncanny that this RP has the same name as an essay I read today.....

Jermain
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eternity on Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:02 pm

Two words- I'm in.
One who knows nothing, can understand nothing.

Eternity
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cohort Of Time on Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:41 pm

Sounds pretty interesting. I'll join.

Cohort Of Time
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:40 pm

Well thats eight those that want to play.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifeismypassion on Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:03 pm

Well sounds like a regular party here. However are we needing two more?

Lifeismypassion
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Duck Soup on Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:00 am

I'd like to join too!

Duck Soup
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FranticAntix on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:49 am

looks like enough for me. I'll have the OOC up today.

To answer the question of magic, yes you are able to use it but be sure that you keep it realistic. (fireballs will hit party members if cast too close)

FranticAntix
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!