Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Crash Landing (Interest Check)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Crash Landing (Interest Check)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:11 pm

My most last interest check has, thus far, been a failure. I hope this one goes better.

Here's what I had in mind:

You are in a large spacecraft, one of many, orbitting a strange orange planet that may or may not have life on it. The lead ship suddenly hits a strange rift and gets pulled into the atmosphere. Other ships notice this, but are unable to do anything to avoid the rift. Soon enough, you are next in line. You brace yourself as you are pulled into the atmosphere and sent hurtling to the planet's surface. Unable to control the ship, you and your crew smash into the surface violently. Many people are killed by the landing and more are killed by the planet's toxic atmosphere. Someone shouts "Back inside!" You and the survivors place gas-masks on in order to ensure your survival. Will you survive the harsh atmosphere and the ferocious wildlife? Time will tell...

There are several crashsites on the surface of this planet. As a survivor of the crash-landing your goals are:
1) Find other survivors of other crashes
2) Find your way back home using any means possible
3) Survive

Your crashsite is a dry, desolate area. You have no idea where your friends are and know you need to find them. Inside the ship, you find, aside from the bodies of your comrades, weapons (in order of decreasing frequency) automatic rifles, pistols, shotguns, sniper rifles, and rocket launchers. Anything can be salvaged off of dead bodies including weapons, grenades, helmets, and armor. Inside the ship you also find damaged vehicles that may or may not be able to be fixed by your engineer. That is, if your engineer is still alive.

NOTE: All gear mentioned down below is the default gear.

The following is the list of what you are able to be (it is tentative thus far)
Pilot: You are the navigator of the crashed ship. You have little knowledge of combat, but are aware of locations and directions more than anyone. Your gear includes: a 9 mm pistol, light body armor, and a tracking/positioning system.
Engineer: You are responsible for fixing any type of technology you come up on. Your gear includes: a 9 mm pistol, light body armor, tools including wirecutters, a welder, etc.
Medic: You are an invaluable part of any team as you are responsible for making sure your comrades can continue on safely. Your gear includes: a 9 mm pistol, several medpacs containing ready materials for keeping soldiers alive.
Infantrymen: You are the bulk of the people at the crashsite, living or dead as you are the most common type of person. Your gear includes: an automatic rifle, a 9 mm pistol, four frag grenades, and basic body armor.
Shotgunner: You are less common than the infantrymen, but there are still a good number of you aboard the ship, whether you are living or dead. You are asked to deal with the close quarters' threats. Your gear includes: a double-barrelled shotgun that can fire with either one barrel or two, a 9 mm pistol, two frag grenades, and medium body armor.
Marksman: You are even less common than the shotgunner and the infantrymen, but you are an excellent sniper, asked to deal with long range targets. Your gear includes: a .50 caliber sniper rifle, a 9 mm pistol, three frag grenades, and light body armor.
Rocketeer: You are a rare sight, but you are a juggernaut. You are asked to take care of heavily armored/armed targets with your powerful rocket launcher. Your gear includes: a rocket launcher that can hold one rocket at a time, a 9 mm pistol, three frag grenades, and heavy body armor.
Captain: You are the commander of the ship that crash-landed. There is only one of you per ship, surviving or not. Your gear includes: an automatic rifle, a long, thin blade, a 9 mm pistol, two frag grenades.
Lieutenant: Same as the captain, except you are not in charge unless the captain has been killed.

There will be a limited space for most units. This is just an interest check. If I get enough people to support this idea, I will add more.
Check out Eastbound, a zombie apocalypse story I'm writing on my own.

I may actually get back to this, now that I'm here again. Stay tuned!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Messiah
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Crash Landing (Interest Check)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby reticulated99 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:13 pm

Definitely.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

reticulated99
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dylaer on Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:31 pm

Sounds like fun. Put me down for marksman, if possible.
What's one or two...pieces of dust to scatter?

Aaand for some reason, my profile link works not. So here's the direct link
dylaer-characters-t12419.html

Dylaer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raeka on Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:59 am

This sounds good! I probably won't participate in this because I'm not really into this sci-fi sorta genre, but I like the idea.

Raeka
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dweebs on Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:07 am

I wanna be the Lieutenant. Captain have too much resonsibilities....

dweebs
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:12 am

Excellent! This is much better than my previous one. We still need some more before I'm willing to at least begin an OOC section where you can post character information, blah blah and an IC section.

Messiah
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dweebs on Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:13 am

'kay...u do dat now.

dweebs
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tetrino on Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:23 am

Rocketeer sounds fun.
<Donny> Wow, who's this new Azrican fag?
<Alucroas> He's the man who typo'd African

Tetrino
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlbinPantheno on Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:51 pm

I'm sold, I be pilot

AlbinPantheno
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:59 pm

For all those interested, there will likely be more than one spot for a pilot, engineer, medic, etc. as there are several crashsites.

Messiah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dylaer on Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:05 pm

Just a quick question. Will you be wanting character skeletons or not? It doesn't bother me either way, but I need to know in case I do have to write something up.

Dylaer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:18 pm

Honestly, I can go either way. If you want to post one, that's fine, here's the template should you do one:

Name: First and last

Appearance: Prefer description, but pic is fine as well

Personality: Doesn't have to be done. Can be developed in RP

Preferred Unit: Put down your preferred unit (ie: Pilot, Engineer, etc.). I will try my best to get you what you want, but it's first come first serve.

Bio: A basic summary of your character before this happened

I will be posting an OOC section soon, hopefully we can get some more to join.

Messiah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dweebs on Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:24 pm

I don't feel like having a skeleton. All can be revealed during the Rp, so I'd say we should get on with it. No rush though!!! :)

dweebs
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dylaer on Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:28 pm

OK. While I'm here, I'll post a character profile. When the OOC thread comes up, I'll post it there too. I'm quite keen on this idea, and very much hope it'll be up soon.

Name: Bartholomew "Bullseye" Townsend

Appearance: Bartholomew is the classic Englishman to a tee. He has medium-short hair, silver despite his relatively young age. His fair skin and subtly chiselled features hint at aristocracy, and his startling blue eyes enhance this. He cultivates a small moustache, although his chin remains unshaven. At 6'5'', he is quite tall, and has a lean build.

Personality: Stiff upper lip Old British attitude. Rarely, if ever, shows emotion, and is always dignified no matter what the situation.

Preferred Unit: Marksman

Bio: Bartholomew was a military prodigy, who blazed through the entrance examinations, with above average scores in most areas, and record scores in marksmanship. He has had many years of service, but dislikes the idea of being promoted.

Dylaer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby reticulated99 on Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:47 pm

Name: Ze'ev "Wolf" Hartmann

Appearance: Hair buzzed short and prematurely receding at the sides. His high cheekbones and gray eyes give him a soulful look that is only distantly related to his actual personality. At 5' 8", he is muscular but not overly so.

Personality: Ze'ev recognizes that a lot of the things he considers necessary are wrong--and does them anyway. Once someone is his enemy, that's it; no reconciliation is possible. This rule is, luckily, suspended for his colleagues and subordinates.

Preferred Unit: Lieutenant

Bio: Ze'ev actually received training as a Marine before qualifying for the track to ship command on his third time taking the examination. He has a record of getting his hands dirty to protect his ship and his commanding officers, frequently without their knowledge.

reticulated99
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:04 pm

For those of you not posting your character skeletons, PM me with your preferred unit.

OOC is here http://www.roleplaygateway.com/crash-landing-ooc-t12602.html

Messiah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dweebs on Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:07 pm

uh...at this rate my position have a high chance of being completely taken...might as well make a skeleton now so I could reserve a space.

Name: Frank Gordin

Appearance: Rugged man, he was well-shaven, but still appear rough. Got a few scars on his face. His eyes are relaxed, much to the suprise to everyone because of how he appeared. Medium height and musclely.

Personality: Easy going but very stern. He does not hesitate do carry out his actions, and he can make quick decisions. Very understanding, and willing to listen to options.
Preferred Unit: Lietenant
Bio: His captain was too highstrung, so he mainly there to calm the captain down and keep the captain in check. He is one of the few that the captain listens to. (There should be more soon)

dweebs
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:29 pm

Name: Brock Simpson

Appearance: Brock stands at about 5'-10". He is a thin man, but he is built relatively well for his size. He is tan, suggesting some sort of latin ancestry. Messy dark-brown hair covers his head that can't seem to be kept organized. Brown eyes are located just below his hair and his face is, at the beginning, clean-shaven.

Personality: Brock is a cocky man who doesn't really like being in the military. In general, he disrespects authority, but if this authority is going to get him off this godforsaken planet, he will follow orders.

Preferred Unit: Infantryman

Bio: Brock volunteered for the FAN thinking he would get a cushy job, but as it turns out, he didn't. Although, it could have been worse, Brock was put in the basic military where he was soon sent out on his first mission. After that, he resented being in the military and has since been sent on only a few missions.

Messiah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zaha on Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:30 am

i'm game

name:billybob

appearance:he is 5ft 8 he has black hair brown eye. hes armor has gashess in it from his past fights.

personality:he dosen't like like the idea of running out and getting shot. he also dosen't like people geting hit then call medic when they did something stupid. he is a serus pearson and dosen't like anoying people.

preferd unit:medic

bio:hes been fighting for years and been paching people up the entire time. he also like the sight of blood.

zaha
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:39 pm

All accepted, except Zaha, give me a more interesting name. Although it's about a crash-landing on an unknown planet an all that, I want to make this seem as plausible as I possibly can. Not a whole lot of people are known as 'Billybob'.

Messiah
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!