Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Idea: Strange land of strange customs and strange people

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Re: Idea: Strange land of strange customs and strange people

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NadieQuerida on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:20 pm

Sounds wacky. Friendly wacky.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NadieQuerida
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cohort Of Time on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:30 pm

Great ideas! The drawings coming to life thing reminds me of chalkzone. Everytime I erase something I think of that alternate universe... alas.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cohort Of Time
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NadieQuerida on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:51 pm

Okay, suggestions so far:
-Talking trees
-Raining eggs [that hatch into talking ink blots?]
-No wheel, or 0, base infinity number system
-TI Calculators = weapons
-Addition is impossible, only multiplying [Unless the number system is based on infinity, in which case we probably won't have numbers?]
-Demon/Spirit summoning using aforementioned calculators [pentagrams, inverted?]
-Mechanical pencil leads make or break your reputation
-Drawings come to life with the intentions of the artist as their meaning to life
-Allowed to bring guns to school, without the ammunition

Sorry if I missed anything!

I just like lists........................

NadieQuerida
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cohort Of Time on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:57 pm

Lists are good and tomorrow, if there is a tomorrow... I will concoct a list of "rules" and such. As to make the borders a bit defined. But I like me some anarchy. And if we can have a good anarchic, crazy insane, ludicrous RP, that will make me very much happy. When you add talking ink blobs, live art and the ability to kill people with math... you just can't go wrong.

Cohort Of Time
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NadieQuerida on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:00 am

WONDERFUL~

NadieQuerida
Member for 16 years

yay!
IT SHALL RAIN MOCHA FRAPPUCINO EVERY MORNING
at least in my world <3
~~Only people without fantasy hide in reality~~
I love emo boys I LOVE emo boys I WANT EMO BOYS XD

Vampiric Curse of the Heart,
draining the hope of living without love,
it drags you deeper,
until you feel as if you are what you feel.
So now, I am Kayt, and this curse on my heart,
that curse, it is me. And I don't want it to change. <3

KaytlynnBlackNeko
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NadieQuerida on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:10 am

T_T

NadieQuerida
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cohort Of Time on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:11 am

kaytlynn, if I sell you an emo boy, will you hire three gnomes to create a flying ship for my expeditions?

Cohort Of Time
Member for 16 years

o.o
what about selling emo boys and gnomes?

KaytlynnBlackNeko
Member for 16 years

Well, I noticed by your signature that you want emo boys. I happen to have one in a box. So it'd serve both our interests if I had a flying ship and you had an emo boy. Mint condition :wink: :lol:

Cohort Of Time
Member for 16 years

Cohort Of Time
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Genimay on Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:07 pm

Sounds like a fun rp to me. I'd be willing to enter this crazy world and see what I can make of it. Is it going to be posted up? Or is it somewhere?

Genimay
Member for 16 years

j3@h 50m3 p30p13 w0u1d 93+ 73h wh013 1337 d3@1 4nd j00 5h0u1d 70@+@1y 700|< 1n+0 93++!n9 4 n@m3 <h@n93 7h@+ w0u1d 63 0n 70p ph0r r3@1.

So yeah man some people do get it.
"The ground around me trembles as I walk over head.
My cannons light the sky around me, sending sound waves that bald the trees around me.
My opponents fear me, hate me and long to destroy me!
My squad respects me, my speed and my destructive capabilities.
Death walks beside me ready to bring those I kill into his fold.
He forces them to watch as i kill their friends, their squad, their brothers."

I AM COLOSSAL HOUND

Colossal Hound
Member for 16 years

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/the-strange-t13266.html The IC

colossal, if you make a city where everyone types in 1337, my characters will have a headache :lol:

Cohort Of Time
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:17 pm

_[[0() |<41| 74[]-[]7` 1337? |*|20|*|2 6|24/\^^/\/-\|2 & €\/3|2``//7|-[1~6! 6€32...
ImageImageImageImageImage

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:42 am

People make their houses to race and live in, how socially well off a person is determined by how fast his house can move. They all have legs, four or two that stomp across the ground and walk up mountains.

People have forgotten what cars were made for but they kept only one memory of it, it was meant for transportation. So, people now drag their cars around with ropes and chains stil thinking it's a better means of getting places.

A smilie costs nothing, but in the internet, it is EVERYTHING.

flickery
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pann on Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:48 pm

...o_o I like this thread, there's talk of math and hurting people. Two of my favorite things combined in one! =D

Ahem...I think this is a very interesting idea, and maybe you CAN die of boredom here. D: That'd be a perfect excuse not to write my essay. xD
To be an artist is to be able to create and recreate the world you see not just with your eyes, but also with your heart.

Pann
Member for 16 years

Great ideas. See, mum, it's true... other people have imaginations too...

The OOC and IC are somewhere aboce this thread if you want to join :D

Cohort Of Time
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:40 pm

Got an idea for something crazy.

The final challenge on the road to the White House: The elected candidate must go under the Capitol Building, to the lair of the giant spider, and either kill it, or escape with it's treasured amulet, in which is housed the veto pen. Only then, will he (OK, Hillary, or she) be the President of the United States.

I tried to quote that exactly from Stephen Colbert (not Stephen Boris, who is a living incarnation of The Game, which I lost) but I forgot the exact wording.

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby demosthenes2k8 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:10 am

I made an almost perfect inverted pentagram with my graphing calculator at school...

y1=-1
y2=abs(5.5x)-6
y3=(1.5x)+2
y4=(-1.5x)+2
y5=(x/1.25)+2
y6=(-x/1.25)+2
y7=sqrt(25-2x^2)
y8=-y7

It looks pretty sick, although it's not perfect

demosthenes2k8
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!