Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

It's Too Quiet

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

It's Too Quiet

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wizard_and_Glass on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:50 am

In the depths of the asylum on Screaming Demon Rock, one of the most difficult to reach islands in the island chain for its many hidden dangers, chaos was about to break loose. The most dangerous inmate to ever be brought into the asylum was slowly losing was little was left of his mind, selling his soul for the opportunity at revenge.

“Receive me, my masters! Give me the power you have promised and you shall have their souls as I have vowed!”

The guards assigned to stand watch over the vault-like door took the man’s screaming to be the delusions most suffered from…at least until the door was flung open with force enough to smash the man standing behind it quite literally flat, a pressure stream of gore spraying floor, ceiling, and partner. Were that the only death that night, it would have been a miracle, yet the horrors marching from the twisted room, the decay which followed in their wake, consumed the asylum, the halls running red with blood. The night was rife with screams that were quickly cut short each time, the new day breaking to a silent rock, the asylum quiet for the first time in ages…too quiet.

When the mainland lost contact with Screaming Demon Rock, a team was readied, a crack military unit assigned to reach the destination and assess the situation. Little do they know that what awaits them in the depths of the hellish building won’t let them leave so easily.

This is where you would come in. If anyone would be interested in something of this sort, I would appreciate some help, for I’m not very good at directing things along. I’m better at bouncing ideas off of people most times, so I would need someone to help me head this. The inspiration for it was Silent Hill…Pyramid Head FTW!

Eh, I know I have a twisted sense of what’s fun most times…I think that’s why my Battle Royale thing didn’t go any further than an interest check…that and I’m not fit to lead. Oh well. I figured I’d give it a try again. I’ll eventually hit gold with something.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wizard_and_Glass
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: It's Too Quiet

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raeka on Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:26 am

Sounds cool... so would people be RPing as the military people that go there? how about there are some survivors that are in hiding on the island as well?

And about the crazy guy that killed everyone, does he actually have some abnormal super powers, or is he just honestly insane? If he has "powers" of sorts, maybe the military guys that go there could be dragged into some greater more evil scheme... of something.

Sorry if these ideas suck or make no sense, I'm kinda just rambling out the first things that come to mind when I read this ^^;

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Raeka
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TFairy on Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:55 am

I used to be in an RP similar to this.
Except it had zombies, and it was set in Europe.
I'd join if it were up ^^

I'm screaming I love you so

But my thoughts you can't decode.

TFairy
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wizard_and_Glass on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:31 am

Yea, there could be survivors on the island and that was how I planned it. People playing the team of military folks, as well as some of the monsters that would populate the nightmare world once they were locked inside the asylum. As to the crazy guy, he really did and does have "powers" of sorts, using the word powers loosely. The "ramblings" of the dude the guards took as crazy were actually a covenant with demons. Screaming Demon Rock isn't called that just because it's a nightmare to get to.

Think sort of Silent Hill-ish after getting locked inside...bizarre building that doesn't match the map, freaky goings-on inside, crap like that. My only problem with starting this up is that I'd need someone to...GM it, I think is the term. I'd need someone to help me head it. I'm good for generating, but not entirely running, ideas most times.

Wizard_and_Glass
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweet_requiem on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:31 pm

I'd love to help you Gm, if you want me to. And I'd also like to play one of the survivors, because I have some really funny ideas for a fruitloop that would be locked up in a place like that. "Funny" in this case being Sweeney Todd style of "funny," Holocaust "funny," (yes, there were things in the Holocaust that were funny), and liver disease "funny." Wheee!

So yeah. I would just adore a roleplay like this. I'll double as a guard if I need to, but those won't be as fun to play, seeing as how they have to be sane. Ish.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

sweet_requiem
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wizard_and_Glass on Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:44 pm

That'd be great if you could help me with that. I'll have to think more on it tonight, though, as my brain has died on me. I need to head to bed now, get some rest so that I can think properly. If we can get some interest in this, I'd be happy to try this out, as it just seems like something that would be fun...fun for people who like killing things, anyways. Thanks for considering this, guys.

Wizard_and_Glass
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackfangOfReon on Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:20 pm

Lol, the lovable warlock has arrived on this scene, late as usual and yes, i do take interest as usual! I would likely play a soldier because well, hell, who wouldn't want to be armed with a pump action shotgun to kill some freaks, amirite? Anyways, you know me, I'll help as long as long as you ignore the fact I'm hiding under your bed at the moment. Lol, u gonna get raeped.
Praise to my father,
Blessed by the water,
Black night, dark sky,
The devil's cry!

BlackfangOfReon
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!