Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Interrupted (Interest Check/Ideas)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Interrupted (Interest Check/Ideas)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iamsheena on Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:18 pm

While I was browsing the RPs, I came across something about a hospital and it got me sort of thinking about the movie Girl, Interrupted and the insanity of it all; as the RP I came across wasn't like that at all and was a little too depressing and cliche, I decided not to join that and instead see if anyone would be interested in this idea.

Now, I do not have any plot whatsoever in mind so I was hoping that anyone out there, regardless of if you think you'll join or not, will offer any ideas as to what this could entail. The main idea is insanity and if you've seen Girl, Interrupted, you know what I mean. The reason I decided to try this RP, aside from the reasons already mentioned, is that there are so many levels of insanity and crazy, and so much room to work with; the characters can all be individual and unique, adding perhaps some flavour.

I know I said that Girl, Interrupted was my inspiration, but I do not mean that it can only be a female RP, so guys, don't be thrown off.

Also, 'Interrupted' is just a working title, and is not permanent (provided other ideas are offered or I come up with another one).
Last edited by iamsheena on Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

iamsheena
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Interupted (Interest Check/Ideas)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leila Aarons on Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:11 pm

This sounds really interesting, I would probably join. As for ideas, well, I haven't come up with any just yet. It seems to me--correct me if I'm wrong--you are talking about this being like a...mental institution, correct? So the patients would have different mental conditions, not just the cliche thing of being suicidal and such. I'm getting tired of seeing those roleplays myself, as there are many other mental conditions that can call for a much more interesting and varied roleplay. I'll be sure to let you know if I come up with some ideas.

Lauren is amazing

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Leila Aarons
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miyewt on Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:38 pm

I actually been in a mental ward, so writing about it excites me... I'd join if you make it.

Miyewt
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iamsheena on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:07 pm

First off, glad to see some interest. Second, yes I'm talking about a mental institution of sorts. The whole suicide thing was annoying me, so that's why I thought of this, because, yes, there are a lot more things going on in the insane mind and it's not just suicide this and that.

If I get a few more people saying they're interested and tap into those ideas, then I'll make it because it excites me a tad :]

iamsheena
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iamsheena on Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:22 pm

I had some undeveloped thoughts (very few):

- I was trying to think of how it could start. I mean, I don't want to start as if everyone is suddenly being shipped to this institution, because it's not interesting really. I was thinking that we could start just as if it's a new day, maybe a couple of new people but not like a flow of everyone.

- With that, I was thinking that everyone's first post could be that of sort of a psyche assessment either written in a sort of professional, notey form ('the patient shows signs of blah blah blah') or in a normal RP form. Maybe a doctor is created by me and played by others in this particular instant and he/she tells the information found to the patient's parents/guardians.

Yes. That's what I thought of thus far.

:]

iamsheena
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leila Aarons on Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:53 pm

I like both of those ideas, myself. It would be interesting if we all started with a sort of...report, assessment, of our characters to better describe their mental illness. Then we could maybe do some other preliminary things. Hm...I can try to think more on some ideas, if you like. School's been frying my brain through the week. XD

Leila Aarons
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cohort Of Time on Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:31 pm

I would like to join. I enjoy playing mentally/psychologically insane characters, paranoid characters and demented characters. The whole suicide thing bugs me, because that's probably the most boring thing to play and the most boring and non-complex mental illness possible. It's a big problem but its over-played. I'd like to play a character that has a different illness.

Cohort Of Time
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweet_requiem on Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:05 pm

OHMYGODIWANNAJOIN!!!!!!

-pantpant-

I would absolutely love to apply for the position of comic relief. =D Unless of course, we all plan on being ridiculously hilarious mental cases. Which is fine also. =D

And one little minuscule, overplayed idea: What if they were trying to escape the asylum? The ones that were demented but intelligent would know they were locked up, and maybe they wanna escape. I know it's cliched and all that jazz, but we could maybe make it interesting... >> Maybe.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

sweet_requiem
Member for 16 years

Re: Interrupted (Interest Check/Ideas)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iamsheena on Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:06 pm

There will be some element of seriousness, but a little comic relief is always welcome, especially in the worst cases. As for the escaping idea, I'm not too sure. I'm not a fan of the idea myself, just because it does seem like it has been done, you know? Maybe if we find some way to make it 'new', then it could go somewhere. Whether others like it or not, though, I'd like to say that I appreciate the help.

C=

iamsheena
Member for 16 years

Re: Interrupted (Interest Check/Ideas)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweet_requiem on Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:46 pm

Sweeeeet. =D

Oh, well. There are other ideas out there. I'll find them someday. -heads out with a butterfly net-

sweet_requiem
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!