Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

"Jetlock" (Interest Check)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

"Jetlock" (Interest Check)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hoo on Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:53 pm

Mhn. This is a roleplay I thought up sometime ago, but never actually managed to start up- Hence the interest check =D. It's more or less a sky-steampunk, which is admitably a broad genre- Wiki it if you're interested.

The below is a corny letter sent out by the organization hosting the Jetlock tournament, which should give a base outline of the roleplay. If it doesn't answer your questions, feel free to ask me directly.

Dear Sir or Madam.

You have been cordially invited to the renowned sky city of Jetlock, for the final match-up of the 100th annual Skygait tournament! Where the two finalist teams come together for an event famed for it’s artful maneuvers, clever riders, and, of course, brutal clashes! This, dear attendees, is the essence of Skygait!

The fact that you have received this invitation indicates that you, dear sir or madam, are a renowned individual of the Skygait world- may you be a manufacturer, a sponsor, or even a competitor of the two teams. Needless to say, you should already know plenty about Skygaits and their operation, such as their utilization of hover thrusters, mind-linked controls, and astounding air-borne agility. However, please remember that the definition of the 'Skygait'- which once refered to a floating board- Now applys to any compact, one-person levitating machine, including skates, disks, etc- Even mechanical bicyles and full-blown body armor can be used, if you are willing to compete with the weight.

The Jetlock tournament is set to begin October 21st, as usual, and will have the standard tournament rules in place during play. Those rules being:

1) Any competitor who touches the ground or out-of-bounds without their Skygait is considered defeated.
2) Any competitor who is rendered incapacitated is considered defeated.
3) Weaponry may include any form of melee weapon, but the only projectile weapon permitted will be low-grade blasters.
4) While form is not considered, a Skygait must be reasonably sized.
5) Each match is played between two teams, with a maximum of four players per team. However, so long as the maximum is not exceeded, a team can send out as many players as they wish, despite the other team’s total. Therefore, while it is recommended that you play four x four, it is possible to play with any configuration of members, such as one x three, two x four, etc.

Seeing as Jetlock is famed for it’s arena, you should already know the stadium: Styled artistically as a Roman Arena, the stadium has many seats placed in circular rings around the actual playing field. And, even though we do have a large playing field ((About the size of an American football field)), competitors are welcome to go wherever they wish, so long as no attempts to shatter the game-only force field are made (Which extends well past the actual seats). Note that your every movement will be monitored and displayed upon the stadium’s screens, so no cheating! But all that aside, I personally say to you, as the director of the Skygait Tournament;

Welcome to Jetlock.

-Mr. Keatun : Director

PS: I know that many of you are unsettled by the air pirates, who have become increasingly active as of late, but I do hope that you find the courage to attend this competition anyway.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hoo
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: "Jetlock" (Interest Check)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redline on Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:25 pm

This sounds quite good, I would join this.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Redline
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby albel cigaro on Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:06 pm

This does indeed give a lot of information and would defintly considerer joining. I really hope that a lot more information will be given in the actuall Rp, especially consisting of reasons that the tournment even exist. Testing of company products and Broadcasted public entertainment, are reasonable in my book but methods of competitor recruitment simular to those in Twisted Metal black have the potential of working rather well.
DO NOT WANT ...my post to be rated.

If you feel like critiquing any post that I make please do it though PM as I find it much more informative than a simple number

albel cigaro
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hoo on Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:33 pm

Thank you both <3

Ah, as for exta information- Yes, I do plan on expanding on the idea, seeing as the above is quite lacking. Concerning the purpose of the tournament, however:

To be honest, I havn't considered it much. I more or less assumed that it's purpose would be for sport, but that seems rather cliche. However, I originally intended for there to be a cash prize involved, which is why I added that little tidbit about air pirates.
The testing of company products, endorsement, and fame are also factors, as they are in real competitions, but aside from that, I've not much going on for the purpose.

I havn't played Twisted Metal Black, actually- What would competitor recruitement entail?

Hoo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby albel cigaro on Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:21 pm

Welll in the twisted metal games a man goign by the alias Calyspo holds a sort of demoliton derby tournment and grants a single wish made by the winner. He supossedly gained this wishgranting power from Hellspawn known as Minion. Calyspo gave a sort monkey's paw aproach to most of the wishes; they were often followed to the letter but did not fill out the true meaning or desire but heir have been many exceptions.

In Black all of the contestants were members of Blackfield Mental Asylum; each had thier own reason for being their and the over all aproach of the characters is considered very dark. I guess a good example of the aproacjh would be to brief ly explain some of the premises and ending of a few of the characters.

-=Preacher/Brimstone=-
An evangelist in his early days, Jebediah was rejected by
the people in his congregation, and thereby denied Priesthood.
As he remembers it, during his most important job- an exorcism
-the demon from the small child took root in his body, and
killed everyone in that church that night in a great rage, and
left as the police arrived. The Preacher's goal for the
contest is to learn the truth.

But the truth was far different. Calypso showed Jebediah that
there was no demon. The exorcism was a baptism, and that night,
there was no demon. Jebediah had become the angel of death and
had slaughtered everyone there. All of the pain he had suffered
to fall into the lord's good graces had been useless. To the
preacher, there was only one way out. Suicide off of the
top of a building.

-=Needles Kane/Sweet Tooth=-
SweetTooth was a killer from the start, but it was a curse
that was placed on him recently that put him in so much pain
and set his head on fire. That curse was placed on him by the
Preacher at SweetTooth's execution 3 months before the time of
the contest.The flames of hell would torment SweetTooth
forever, unless a cure was found. To SweetTooth, a cure for
the curse was his main desire.

But the cure came with a catch. A vial of Jebediah's (Preacher)
blood would cure SweetTooth, but he would have to change his
murderous ways. If he ever went back to killing, the curse would
come back as well. SweetTooth had his priorities, smashing the vial
under his foot, and then killing Calypso by slashing his throat,
just as he said he would in the prologue.

-=Agent Stone/Outlaw=-
A very skilled sniper was called to take out a
terrorist hold a family hostage. With confidence
he prepared to take the terrorist out. Suddenly,
his emotions got a hold of him. Stone didn't want
to see these terrorists live again. He began firing
his gun off without looking at what he was shooting.
He noticed that not only did he kill the terrorist,
but he killed a mother and her child. Agent Stone
wants to win the competition to get a second chance
at this.

After winning the competion, Agent Stone found
himself on the very same rooftop aiming at that
very same terrorist. He made sure that every bullet
hit the right target. He notices the mother and
child were frightened, but unharmed. Agent Stone
thought he had redeemed himself, but he thought
wrong. The downed terrorist slowly raised his arm
and cocked his gun. He then put one right in the
middle of Agent Stone's head.

-=Dollface/Darkside=-
As a college grad, she worked for a maskmaker(who made
SweetTooth's mask), keeping records and making sure bills
were paid. One day, she made a mistake that sent the man
off the wall... he beat her down and put a mask on
her head, nailed it shut, and put a strange 4-key lock on
the back. Dollface desired that key, so she could see her
face again. Her only worry was if she had become disfigured
from the constant pressure on her face.

Once again, Calypso put in a "catch-22" the key was on the end
of a chain. On the other end, a trigger that would shut an iron
maiden on Dollface's former boss. To free herself, she would have
to kill the man who trapped her in the mask. She took the key,
setting off the iron maiden, and impaling him. After examining the
key, she threw it to the floor, declaring she liked her
new face, that would be beautiful even if she was old and grey.
She then devoted her life to make sure that no one would
ever be as mean as that maskmaker.

Of course I don;t want this to be too much like a futuristic Twsted Metal or I would simply create a Twisted metal RP. Stil lusing the ideas of somethig simular can be good.

albel cigaro
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hoo on Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:51 pm

Hmn, so it would be granting a wish. That's not a bad concept, and it seems to be the main prize in plenty of fictional competitions- However, it calls for a supernatural addition, which more or less strays from the main concept, and very nearly mimics Twisted Metal.

I'm currently considering to have it so that the team will be motivated by the prize money, the fame, etc- Very much like a simple sport. However, I've been toying with the idea for the winning team to receive a high position in the Jupiter Corps, the highest ranking Skygait company. Such would allow the winners access to top-level tech, valuable parts, and so on.

Oh, also: Just for the sake of publicity (Lulz), I'm going to make a LookingFor thread around tomorrow morning, so we can hopefully get this started by tom. afternoon. Monday in the very latest, seeing as I have school work to catch up with >>

Hoo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Diary-chan on Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:27 pm

Hi guys!! Saw the Looking For thread have a few questions. What would be the motivation for the air pirates? Just wondering.

PS: You didn't put a link on the Looking For thread. I had to find it mysef in the forum.
.;A picture's worth a thousand words;.
.;But when those words are worthless;.
.;So is the picture;.

Diary-chan
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hoo on Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:17 pm

Sorry about that, Kitty ^^ Anyway, the OOC and Sign-up is done, so take a look at it. I'll complete the IC in about 15 minutes or so too <3

jetlock-ooc-and-sign-ups-t14093.html

Hoo
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!