Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

i am guessing i am a newi

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

i am guessing i am a newi

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sierrasky421 on Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:54 am

umm...i normally role play with friends on a site called bebo
but i thought i would give this a try
i guess thats it
i just signed up like 15 min ago haha

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

sierrasky421
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: i am guessing i am a newi

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:00 pm

Yep. You are.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AHeartlessNobody on Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:12 pm

Welcome to RPGateway. If you need a roleplay to join here is one that needs people

romeo-and-juliet-ooc-and-profiles-t14287.html
Yes, yes I do.

AHeartlessNobody
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eastep on Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:24 pm

Hello and Welcome to our cozy little site.
What Kind of Role Playings are you interested in?
What kind of Music do you like?
Do you like Fishy sticks?
Why did you join?
*Continues to pester Sierrasky with pointless questions*
And also, if you get offered a Fishy Stick, don't take it, eat it, or do anything else with it, other than giving it to me. now if you'll excuse me, I must go and "Retrieve" my couch from Fwen...

~Eastep
P.S. Join us in the Chat!
chat/
Red Factioooon!

Eastep
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Natsurra on Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:33 pm

Welcome, I've read some of your posts and you are obviously not familiar with the forum-style of roleplaying. In forum roleplaying you general write in 3rd person, past tense. What you write should be at least a paragraph if possible. Dialogue should be put in quotation marks ("") and the symbols * and - should not be used at any time. Roleplays on forums are generally written like something you would read out of a book, a story but made by many people. Don't worry about it though, everyone was new to roleplaying at some point!

Oh also, remember OOC (out of character) and IC (in character.) Most roleplay creators make an IC thread for their roleplay and an OOC thread as well. On the OOC you should post your character's profile if asked to. IC is strictly for roleplaying purposes. ^_^

Happy roleplaying. =]
"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Natsurra
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!