Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Rose Academy

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Re: The Rose Academy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eskay on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:39 pm

To Gabriel: Is there anything else you need to tell me about the RP before I edit my character sheet? I have no qualms following any guidelines you have set, but I need to know what said guidelines are first. :p

As for having his powers chosen and mapped out, remember that he's a sixth year student. I was acting under the assumption that by his sixth year, he would have a firm grasp on what his power was, how to control it, etc. Was I right to assume that, or does learning about one's powers transcend what he learns in the Rose Academy?

To Monroe: Thanks! I figured I'd turn away from the complex plots and personalities of some of my other characters and take a more simplistic approach. Looks like it paid off! Glad you like him!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Eskay
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:21 pm

By 6th year you would be able to do magic, but its kinda rare to be fully mapped out by that point. Its like regular school, you don't usually choose your major until college, and in the Rose Academy's case you would probably be choosing your career and the area you would specialize in at the end of your 6th year. But your character is total fine if you just make note of the guidelines I set in place.

For everyone else, a basic list of magic types:

-Telekenesis (through magical energy)
-Invisibility (through magical energy)
-Body Amplification (through magical energy)
-Solid energy (or light), can take numerous colors or appearances, be used to create weapons and guards primarily.
-Elemental manipulation (through magical energy)
-Summoning (demons, imps, spirits, etc... This branch is forbidden and highly dangerous)
-Teleportation, numerous different ways of doing this, all very difficult (through magical energy)

Thats a very basic list, more exist, and you can make up your own, just ask me about it first so I can help you make it fit in this world.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eskay on Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:34 pm

Edited to your specifications, except for the "Sparring Team" bit, which I added out of sheer guesswork and assumption. If the school doesn't have a sparring team or anything like it, I can remove it ASAP.

How do you determine one's Bond Creature?

Eskay
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:50 pm

I didn't have a plan for a sparring team, but thats ok if you want to add that in. You can have your own club you created, we can just say its been there for a while, or you can just be part of a group of friends who train on the course together and spar to hone their talents.

Bond creature will probably either be one of the creatures you put as your favorites, or it'll be something that I think fits your character if I have something particular in mind I think that you would like.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RavenBell on Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:33 pm

Oh, can I join? I loved that book, but I read it a long time ago... :D
"... The snow drifts into our zombie mouths crawling with grease and curses and tobacco flakes and cavities and boyfriend/girlfriend juice, the stain of lies. For one moment we are not failed tests and broken condoms and cheating on essays; we are crayons and lunch boxes and swinging so high our sneakers punch holes in the clouds. For one breath, everything feels better."
- from Wintergirls, by Laurie Halse Anderson

RavenBell
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:31 am

Of course, just put up a profile.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RavenBell on Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:48 pm

Okay here's my bio :)
Name: Lydia Beckett

Year: 3

Race: Siren( half-human, half bird) Her race has existed since the beginning of time, being the base of legens nd myths for centuries. Many are identical to the ones described in the stories, only a handful known for being admirable.

Appearance: Long,curly chestnut colored hair, dark brown eyes, creamy skin. Lydia is somewhat short for her age at 5'5, is docile and petite. Her wings are white with black and brown specks like a hawk with a wingspan of 8 feet. They are often magically concealed by a jacket.

Brief Backstory: Lydia grew up with her wealthy human father in London, often being used as a way to gain more wealth and buisness for her father. Taught by dozens of nannies, she grew to rebelling against every decision made for her until her father, in spite, sent her to her mother's old school. Lydia and her mother are of the only few of their kind for attending, turning away from evil. She is very reckless, known for her crazy stunts, mostly with her wings, beautiful voice that could easily kill, charms, and her odd way of attracting evil. She suprisingly loves books and knowledge, one of the most smartest of her class.

Favorite 3 Mythical Creatures (with links for rare and unknown creature): Kelpie, Matagot, Thunderbird

Top 3 Places to Live: Venice, Italy, New York City, New York, Paris, France.

Sorry it took me so long! Had writer's block :p
Last edited by RavenBell on Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RavenBell
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:09 pm

Hmmm. Could you explain your race? The only Sirens I know of are the women from Greek myth. Also, if your father is human he would have to be a magic user who graduated from Rose Academy, regular humans don't know about the magic world and cannot see the magic world. Also, a fancy prize for her fathers business? What does that mean?

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!