Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

New Concept Roleplay - Read Here

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

New Concept Roleplay - Read Here

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Osteel on Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:08 pm

THE OOC IS UP, PLEASE CLICK HERE

Hi everyone,

A while ago I thought up a new RP idea that involved role-playing of course, but also the element of gaming. I had posted it on a few other RP sites, but to no avail. Either it didn't get the attention, or people weren't adventuress enough to try it out. So I want to first start by making the statement that I have never tried this out, so there is obviously going to be some issues, but hopefully small, easy to overcome ones.

Story

The premise of the story is a semi-futuristic fighter squadron, named Alpha Squadron. Currently in a time of peace, the members of Alpha Squadron (you), will find themselves in dog-fights and battles like no other. You will have to rely on teamwork, and decision in order to accomplish the missions. And yes, the game-play allows you to get damaged and shot down.

It will take place in a made up country, and you will fly airplanes that are not real. However, they are no mechs, but simply flying planes with guns and missiles.

Gameplay

This is the new concept of this RP. When on the ground, the RP will work like any other, posting and going about doing your business. On the ground, you will also be able to purchase upgrades and restock on ammo for your ships through the use of credits. Credits are earned in combat either by shooting down an enemy, or assisting a teammate.

The in-flight battles however is where it gets crazy. At the beginning of each battle, I will post up a grid like map with the locations of Alpha Squadron, and the enemy units. Each Alpha member will post in order of their call sign (Alpha 1, Alpha 2 etc.). The posting will follow the outline:

1. Roleplay Post - what is happening?
    2. Turn Post - what are you doing
    3. Stats Post
    4. OOC - if necessary

During your turn, you will have different options, such as moving, shooting, locking on or evading an incoming missile from an enemies previous turn. How far you can move, shoot, or how strong you are depends on your statistics, which you will post at the end of you turn.

Also, any damage you caused to an enemy during will be posted during your Turn Post. The statistics will look something like this:

Alpha 3:

HP [100]
    Shield [1]
    Engine [3]
    Guns [2]
    Target[4]

Credits: 500
    Missles: 10
    Chaff :5

If you happen to shoot at a target, I have created a simple (very simple!) battle engine to calculate hit success and damage caused. You can see it by clicking here.

Once Alpha Squadron has finished their turns, I will post and write up for the enemy who will then attack alpha squadron. This is where teamwork applies, for you must work together in order to accomplish the mission. So you can be shot down!

Of course, if that were to happen, it wouldn't necessarily mean you died. The RP can always change to a rescue mission after all!

I have written out the entire OOC thread including details on the rules during the battle phase. If people take interest in this, then I will be sure to post a separate OOC thread to contain all of this. My only requirement is that you fall under these conditions:

1. You are an advanced Roleplayer
    2. You are good at visualizing, for the map
    3. You are willing to take chances with something new
    4. You REGULARLY post at least once a day!

I want at least three people to start this, but more will be merrier. Call signs will come be given in a first come, first serve basis. However, if you're the first and do not want to be the flight leader, then I can give it to someone else.

Let me know, thanks!
Last edited by Osteel on Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Osteel
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: New Concept Roleplay - Read Here

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:42 pm

Sound interesting. You can count me. I think this is an awesome idea.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

PanzerJedi
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:59 pm

I'm intrigued, and I'm up for a challenge. Count me Drafted into Alpha Squad. Let me know when the idea passes interest check.

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uchiha Min-no-ko on Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:03 pm

Sounds fun. Count me in.

Uchiha Min-no-ko
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Driney on Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:31 pm

This looks really interesting and I love the idea but alas, I get on at the most 3 days in a full weeks, so you'll have to count me out. But this still looks great.

Driney
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Osteel on Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:50 pm

Great, three people already. Sorry to hear you can't participate Driney, although I'm sure you understand why it's necessary to post at least once a day, since combat is turn based.

Hopefully tomorrow I can post the OOC thread, however I have an exam in the evening so it'll have to wait until after most likely. :)

Osteel
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!