Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Afterlife RP *interest check*

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Afterlife RP *interest check*

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bio-Mechanic on Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:24 pm

Hmmm...well, I came up with this RP idea a while ago, but didn't really develop it.

The afterlife, as most in this world envision it, would be in 'reality' much different. It's divided into Khaos and the Reg, two sectors which signify Chaos and Order respectively. Khaos citizens are generally wilder, crazier and good fun at parties, whereas people from the Reg are more calculating and loyal, but no less dangerous.

Basically, both parts of the afterlife have been warring for goodness-knows-how-long as they oppose each other so much; The Reg wishes Khaos to become like them, and vice-versa.

When you go to the afterlife, you can get transformed into various things by accident, for example, you could be come merged with a stick insect, or become a Walkin' Talkin' Granny Smith Apple. The majority, however, stay near enough the same as they were in life.

An example of a Khaos citizen would be Doctor Orpheus Oprostan. He died at 31 after being beaten to death my a mob as he used to experiment on homeless people or get his men to abduct others. It's well known that Oprostan was mentally unstable and often considered 'mad', but the man was brilliant. He rarely follows rules, even on pain of the death of himself or others.
In Khaos, he rules a part of it in which he creates the part-mechanical, part-Aias (Aias is magic) and part-animal creatures he calls Shadow Spirits.

An example of a person in the Reg would be Lieutenant Linus Rian, a loyal soldier. He died at 29 in battle. He was well known for his obedience to his superiors and his strong sense of national pride.
However, in death, he takes 'rule following' a little too far, and will sometimes take phrases such as 'I wish they'd die!' or 'If I had a penny every time anyone said that...' literally. This can be from things as harmless and handing over pennies, closing his mouth or as odd as killing people.

In the RP, I think that Khaos should be mainly played, but it depends what everyone else thinks.

So, what does everyone think? Would anyone join in? Any ideas or notes to add?
...with a liver crisis.

Vegetable man, where are yoooouuuuuu?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bio-Mechanic
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Afterlife RP *interest check*

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:11 pm

Sounds completely mad and horribly dark. But I'd be up for it! Do you have a plot in mind?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Afterlife RP *interest check*

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bio-Mechanic on Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:15 pm

Nothing wrong with madness and darkness, hehe.
I kind of intended it to be that way, so it's good you picked that up off the bat.

Good that someone would.

I wanted to bounce plot ideas off of someone. How about it starts with some Khaos soldier on the look out for a spy from the Reg, and they find someone newly arrived to Khaos. It can expand from there into something like, I don't know, there's a rally for some governing body to control Khaos, but most of them have been influenced by the Reg, and the there's a debacle of 'They have a good idea, but it's far too ordered!'. Any further ideas to add?

Bio-Mechanic
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!