Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The hunger games (IC)

a topic in Books & Literature, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on books or other forms of literature.

Re: The hunger games (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:43 pm

((its okay for long posts... and everyone else, great job, keep them coming))

Jack gave a small smile before covering his mouth again and whispering "you say there is no way out? you say those dogs will kill you? how much of a better chance do you have playing thier 'games'?... I didn't ask for your opinion, not yet atleast... im going to walk away now... if you or your friend" he nodded to Julie "are interested, come find me." Jack walked away, hoping his words left the desired affect. He ate a little bit before going to someone else, ~hmm... perhaps i'll try my luck with... Brent? the district 6 man~ he walked toward him, he was leaning against the wall. Jack looked at him and gave a humorous smile and thrust out his hand saying "my name is Jack... I'm from district three" he then leaned in close to his ear and whispered "this is an offer for you, and anyone else who is interested, I know a way out of here... if your interested simply nod and act as if nothing happened, if not then I wish you luck" Jack put a more serious face on and waited for a reply.
"Sad, terribly sad" said the reader to the writer, "one of the characters in my book died." The writer smiled "I know the feeling, so did mine."

The lifespan of Kirant: Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

saranm
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ellimist6 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:33 am

Brent looked at the man with his smile. What a pathetic look, he thought to himself. Then when the man leaned in close with his hand held out and said "this is an offer for you, and anyone else who is interested, I know a way out of here... if your interested simply nod and act as if nothing happened, if not then I wish you luck", he just stared at the moment his face as about emotional as a statue. What is this guy thinking. I've been wanting to be in this for years now and besides, what else would I have if I left now. What else is there to do with my life, he pondered turning his head to look directly in the mans eyes. He leaned over and whispered back, "My name is Brent and i'm not saying i'll come with you, but I will help you out," and with this he took the mans hand and shook it letting a small smile spread across his face, but only for a moment.

"So whats the plan?"

---------------------

Jessica looked up from the table once again her saddness finally comeing to an end. She wanted to leave so badly because there was no way she could kill other people for some game. She looked amongst the rows of people eating and chatting. Looking at their faces made it even harder to think about killing them, but she couldn't just let herself die now could she? Her eyes then came to rest on the man who spoke to her earlier. Brent was it? she said in her head. He was talking to another man who seemed to be a bit more happy for some reason. She watched as the two shook hands a they seemed to be talking about something secretive.

Out of curiosity she stood up and glided over to the two men with grace. Her mother and father raised her well hoping that one day she would be amongst nobility. If only they taught me to be more like a warrior like my brother used to, she thought with a bitter smile. She stopped a foot or so away from the men and quietly she spoke, "hey guys, what are you talking about?" She had no idea if they would tell her since she was being pretty rude after all, but then again maybe they would.
Sleep brings no strength to me,
No power renewed to brave;
I only sail a wilder sea,
A darker wave.from "The Horrors Of Sleep" by Emily Bronte

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ellimist6
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iRawrManda on Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:10 pm

Meela was guided back into the vast dining room. She stared at the table, which was full with food and drink. She'd never even laid eyes on some of the items that lay before her. She glanced around, realizing that Sebastian was no longer at her side. She caught a glimpse of a few of the other Tributes having a conversation. Well, conversation wouldn't be the word that fit, really.
Her eyes wandered around some more and she found Sebastian, seated at the end of the table already, his chair was separated from the others, as if repulsed by the sight of other people. She half ran half skipped over to him, trying to look cheerful.
"Some food, huh?" She commented, taking her seat next to him. She inconspicuously inched her chair a little closer. Sebastian nodded. Not even a grunt or 'yea'. Just a simple nod. Meela looked away, her lips pressed together in a tight line. The voice in her head was screaming words at him, words that she wished she could say here, now. She knew something was wrong with him, he never acted this way before. It seemed like, in a time like this, he'd want to talk the most. These could be their last hours together. these WERE their last hours together. No matter who won, they could never return home together. She felt a tear on her cheek and scratched it away with her hand.
She took some what she assumed to be mashed potatoes and gravy and put them on her plate along with some nuts and berries. Something to remind her of home. What she thought was potatoes, was most definately NOT. She nearly spit them out. The taste was so disgusting on her tongue that she drank her entire glass of water in one long gulp. She coughed a bit and slid her plate away from her. She slumped back in her chair and wished that this would be over soon.

iRawrManda
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:58 pm

((my last post was the last offer I was making to have people join me, that is, until it comes time for the games))

Jack smiled "from the tone of your voice I can tell your a career tribute... either way, I suppose you should know that thier camera system has fourteen blindspots and there are areas where the Game Masters can sneak in to set up new traps... I plan on escaping through one of those secretly and hiding away" Jack was surprised when the girl from Brent's district walked up... "oh nothing much my dear" Jack said bowing low and then said with sarcasm "just plotting a rebellion and killing time" he looked at Brent and said simply "even if you arent interested, think of it this way: it simply means less people for you to get through to get the damned prize" he walked away up towards were he was told his room was, anxious that tommorow started traing and four days till the games began.

saranm
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby demonica on Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:34 am

After her name was called Mia was speechless. That's all there was to it. She didn't need to go say bye to family due to the fact she had none. She was glad to hear, (and a little upset) that Ren was called to fight. She had always been watching him, whether he knew it or not. She didn't want to have to fight him. She boarded the train and was off.

The whole train ride she hid in her room. But they were they befor she knew it. After she arrived everything was a blur. She barely even remembered the stylist messing with her hair.

During dinner she sat next to Ren. she had always felt some sort of pull towards him. Its not that she didnt want to fight she just didnt want to fight him. "Why? why do i have to fight him?" a tear came to her eyes.

demonica
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ellimist6 on Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:40 am

Brent listened to what Jack was saying when Jessica walked up. He turned his head to briefly look at her then he turned back to Jack. He chuckled a bit when he said "just plotting a rebellion and killing time" then as Jack turned to leave he said, "well, just to let you know, i'm not in this thing to win any prize. I'm just here to do something with my life." He then turned to Jessica with a smile on his face.

"So are you feeling any better?" he asked trying to give his voice enthusiasim. He pushed himself off the wall and stood up straight tilting his head to look at her because she was shorter than him. Maybe I should bend my knees so that I could be at eye level with her, he thought.

---------------------------

Jessica smiled at Jack for a moment, but when he mentioned a rebellion and killing time, though sounding a bit sarcastic, it sounded scary. But if he was serious and what he was talking about was a way to get out of here then she would help no matter what way she could. She would have to find him later and talk to him about it.

She gave Brent a weak smile then said, "yea, i'm feeling a bit better. Sorry about being so rude earlier." She shuffled her weight onto one leg feeling a bit akward.

Ellimist6
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby demondicex on Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:27 pm

Ren turned and looked agin at the girl he was sitting next to. Was she crying? He wanted to ask her what was wrong but couldnt bring himself to speek. He turned away. "Why are you crying?" He asked beneth his breath.

(Ello anyone there)
People come people go. Thats never gona change. The only thing certin in this life is that nothings certin. Once you reliza that pick up your shot glass, and revolver. Because understanding that means you'r life is already at it's end.

demondicex
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!