Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Heaven and Hell: AU

a topic in Books & Literature, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on books or other forms of literature.

Heaven and Hell: AU

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Thu May 14, 2009 12:11 am

Heaven and Hell: Alternate Universe
Based on the novel Heaven and Hell: The Bloodline

This RP will follow the generic storyline and reside in the same world as The Bloodline,
but will not be based on the canon events.

You do not have to have read the book, nor do you need to know anything about it to
participate in this RP. It's pretty much an open world, and I will describe below the
regulations that are to be followed, and they will be extremely lenient, giving you
maximum freedom. So don't be deterred just because you've never heard of this book, which
I imagine most, if not all of you have not.

Link to the IC: Heaven and Hell: AU [IC]

So, here's the premise:
The year is 2341, and the world is not a happy place. Even before ancient times, the world
has been plagued by demons. They aren't numerous, nor do they stick around Earth for very
long, but they are ever present in some way or another, and their effects on the world are
lasting. Humankind as a whole has been unable to advance far beyond the twenty-first
century, and slowly Earth is succumbing to darkness.

When the demons come, they come for one of two purposes, the second usually following the
first: They come to recruit humans for Hell's army, and should that fail they kill as many
humans as they can to prevent Heaven from doing the same.

Heaven and Hell aren't abstract realms as you might believe. They are separate dimensions,
cut off from reality many millions of years ago to imprison angels and demons and their
respective leaders. But that did not cage them for long. Their war broke out into the
universe soon after, and now there is nothing to hold them back.

Angels are not as prominent in the world. Their imprisonment in Heaven pacified them, and
they no longer wish to recruit humans to their cause, only prevent demons from doing so.
But the vastness of the universe prevents them from being everywhere at once, even as
numerous as they are, and Earth has not been lucky thus far.

But the humans of Earth are not without their own merits, as well as their own faults.
Certain peoples have fought back, to astounding avail.

But others have converted to the very cause their fellows are fighting. These latter are
known as the Cult of Kasdeya, named after the one believed to rule Hell and the demons.
They praise and worship demonkind, performing sadistic rituals and causing general havoc
since their inception more than a thousand years ago.

Another ancient society, this one on the opposite end of the spectrum, is the Chromium
Orden Corporation. Dedicated to training elite soldiers to hire out to various militaries
around the world, they are famous throughout the globe. They work with various
subsidiaries, such as Hermann Technologie, which provides the Orden's most advanced
weaponry.

The Orden is also famous for its Augmentation Project, in which they created a small force
of supersoldiers, each one capable of taking on some of the more powerful demons. As a
combined fighting power they are nearly unstoppable.

So, I promised I would describe some regulations, and here they are:
1. Conventional ideas of Heaven and Hell do not exist here. They are extradimensional
realities, not religious afterlives. Please do not bring religion into this (I realize
that is conflicting, but it keeps it fair for everyone in this situation). So, if you
subscribe to Dante's version of Hell, for example, I don't want random speak of circles
and traitors and lakes of muck and all that. As cool as Dante's Inferno is, it doesn't
apply here. I know I'm going on and on here, but I really can't stress this enough.
2. Angels and demons are powerful beings and immortal in terms of longevity, but they can
still be killed in a variety of conventional means. Severing the head, for example, will
end an angel or demon's life, as well as destroying the body utterly. Mundane wounds such
as gunshots, etc, will hurt a superbeing but will do no permanent damage.
3. Even though the year is 2341, technology is still in 21st century levels except for
very specific circumstances. The Chromium Orden has access to highly advanced weaponry,
for example.
4. I'm drawing blanks but I may think of more regulations later. If I do, I will update
this promptly. However, only under very rare circumstances will I request that you edit a
post, because anything you did not know is obviously my fault.

Now for rules, as we need rules to exist.
1. No god moding
This means that even if you are a superbeing, please play fair and make it interesting for
everyone.
2. No power playing
Please do not control other characters' actions unless given permission by that
character's creator. Controlling other characters to an extremely minimal extent is
sometimes necessary for the sake of good writing and is therefore allowed (for example, if
you pick up a dude and hurl him through the air, unless that person has a means of flying
he will most definitely collide with something, most likely the ground, and it would be
acceptable to imply this). If I see this being abused I will ask for edits. Use with
extreme discretion.
3. Keep everything R-Rated or below. Blood, guts, and gore galore are welcome. Also, by
extension, no persons under the age of 13 should apply. I obviously cannot stop you or
enforce this, but I implore you.
4. Post your character sheet here in this thread and wait for it to be accepted by myself
before posting in the IC.
5. Be nice to the other players OOC. Your character can be as nasty to his or her
character as you damn well please, but you must respect everyone OOC. Playful banter and
debates are fine, but when the flaming begins you and I'll have a problem.
6. Please stay active. If you plan to leave or become inactive for a period of time, let
me know. I won't be mad at you, but at least I'll know not to expect you, and I will
appreciate your notification. So don't skip this one, please.
7. These rules are subject to modification at my own discretion; notification will be
given at these occurences. It will be your responsibility to check this post when such a
notification is given.

And last, but not least, the Character sheet.

First, some character creation rules.
You can be an angel, demon, human, Augment (see above), or even a canon character. If
you want to be a canon character, simply tell me so and I will describe them all for you,
and you can choose one. Until someone requests I will not post character descriptions. As
a human, you can be part of the Kasdeyan cult, a soldier of the Chromium Orden
corporation, a police officer, or just about anything else. As a demon you will obviously
be everyone's enemy, so be prepared for that.
Augments:
Augments are biomechanically enhanced humans. They are physically superior to humans in
every respect: strength, speed, reflexes, senses, etc. They are also implanted with
hyperactive adrenaline glands that are under their complete conscious control. By pumping
massive amounts of adrenaline and other steroids through their systems they can become
immensely powerful. They can also flush these substances from their systems at will,
returning to normal.
Angels and Demons:
These creatures also surpass normal human limits. They also possess psychic abilities such
as limited telekinesis, they can form solid weapons out of their own energy, they can fly,
and they can freely pass from the universe into Heaven or Hell respectively (but an angel
cannot freely enter Hell and vice versa). As to the limits of what they can do, there
aren't really any that I can think of.
One thing I forgot to mention before: natural angels and demons share some visual characteristics: They have completely white hair, with no color at all, and their eyes give off a faint red glow.

Now for the sheet.
I would like you to tell me your:

Name:
Type (Angel, Human, etc):
Appearance:
Personality:
Short biography (or long, I don't care):

Thanks, and have fun!
Last edited by StandardFiend on Thu May 14, 2009 8:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

O heart, lament not, for this world is only metaphorical.
O soul, grieve not, for this abode is only transient.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Re: Heaven and Hell: AU

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ICryForAFamily on Thu May 14, 2009 12:22 am

Name: Chrono "Cross"

Type (Angel, Human, etc): Demon

Appearance: Cross has a small body frame. She stands at only 5'2" and weighs only 100 lbs. She has a slim and slender perfect figure. She looks like a sixteen year old girl then a woman in her nineteen.
She wears casual yet elegant outfit. She wears a black mini skirt that has a chain around her waist like a belt. her top is a black tight corset on to of a black fish net long sleeve. She wears black stockings that reach her knees. and she wears black worn out sneakers. Her accessories are a black choker and a silver rings.
Her dark outfit matches well with her pale- porcelain-completion. She wears a little eyeliner that outlines her bottom lid.
She has black wings at her back that's usually mistaken for an angel's

Personality:Quiet and cold towards others, Cross is the type of girl that barely shows emotion. When she does it's usually sadness and anger. Cross isn't the type of girl who lets anyone break her core.
When blood lust hits her, it's impossible for her to take control.

Short biography:Cross use to be a normal girl in her village. Until one day for some unknown reason she killed every child in the village with out he realizing it. Her parents brought her to a Monk who they thought that he could take the evil spirit away from her body. It failed leading the spirit to call forth a demon to takeover Cross' body.
Now she's alone shunned by everyone struggling to survive.Her quiet and cold personality makes her more and more like a demon. She wonders the streets wondering what her role is in the world. Grasping as much humanity is left in her as possible
Last edited by ICryForAFamily on Thu May 14, 2009 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Veteran rolepayer.
-sigh- I should be ashamed

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ICryForAFamily
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Thu May 14, 2009 12:38 am

Awesome! Accepted, ICry. I never thought I'd see you in my own role play. I have a question, though: In your bio you named your character Kaiyori. What is her true name?

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ICryForAFamily on Thu May 14, 2009 12:41 am

haha sorry i copied and paste it from a different roleplay hehe sorry ill edit
lol and why not? i m really interested in this one

ICryForAFamily
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Thu May 14, 2009 12:47 am

To tell you the truth, I did not expect anyone at all to sign up for this, save one person currently on her way.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby __flatline__ on Thu May 14, 2009 12:48 am

Name: Lupe

Type: Human

Appearance: As far as being attractive, Lupe is an acquired taste. There is far too much on her agenda to give much thought to how the male half of the species perceives her. In fact, she’d be quite content if they left her alone altogether. Her frame is thin, weighing in at around 120 pounds of bone and muscle and reaching a height of five feet seven inches. She has a little to show for in the area of curves, but they’re mostly suppressed by the black leather bodysuit and long coat she clads herself with. Her hair is cut short to the chin and a little unkempt. It’s black in color but chunks and patches are a deep brown, like a bad home dyeing job. Her eyes are a similar oddity. Though the irises are blue, what would be the whites seem to be more of a deep gray, splotched in places with the average white. While wearing her long coat, her silhouette is quite deceiving. The large mass on her back gives a likeness to the Notre Dame outcast. Rarely does she remove the coat to reveal the magnificent wingspan beneath. Despite these unnerving features, the structure of her face is quite becoming. It’s striking and pale, with defined cheekbones and what seem to be soft lips.

Weapons: Lupe carries an arguably absurd amount of knives on her person. Starting from the bottom, she carries a small knife in each of her boots, one strapped to each calf, two strapped against each thigh. Her long coat was fitted with four sheaths across the shoulders where she keeps her final stash. It’s quite safe to say she doesn’t run out quickly.

Bio: The first memory she can trace is waking bound to a metal table in a deplorable facility. The face of a deranged scientist still clings tight to her dreams. The memory of Dr. Everon Sphine’s deformed face, ever-smiling, always reminds her of the experiments and intense training he forced her to endure. His precious guinea pig once had the hair of a raven, with her eyes to match. With the good doctor’s cunning use of DNA enhancements, he toyed with the pigmentation of her eyes and hair. Even her skin is eternally pale, contrasted by an impressive ebony wingspan. From the age of 13 she, for four years, fell prey to his abuse until the decrepit facility was infiltrated by a team of soldiers. By protocol, each of the experiments were institutionalised and Lupe remained there until she was 18. From then, she made her way in the world taking on different mercenary jobs or by even more shady means.

Personality: Lupe is, for the most part, no nonsense and apathetic. So far, no one has ever seen her laugh and many have claimed a smile would shatter her face. She does, however, make the mistake of skipping out on her medication, prescribed by the institution for post traumatic stress disorder. This is a rare occurrence and doesn’t normally last long after she pops another pill, but the change in demeanor is incredibly drastic. As far as social skills, she has none. No tact, compassion, or humor, towards human beings; specifically male.

__flatline__
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Thu May 14, 2009 8:31 pm

Thank you, Flatline. Accepted!

The IC has begun. Everyone, feel free to post at your leisure! Check the top of the first post for the link to the IC thread.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sesha on Fri May 15, 2009 1:43 am

** Alright this is my first RP in awhile and if I'm rusty just let me know :P

Name: Sesha
Type (Angel, Human, etc): Sesha is a human with the uncanny ability to sense the good and evil of a person.
Appearance: Sesha has long black hair that she wears straight and usually over her eyes. She is 5'8" and weighs about 120lbs. She has a slim built frame. She wears a black tank and shorts. She also has knee high socks and wrist warmers that are also black and are covered in holes. She also has a light grey cloak she occasionally throws up over her head to hide her face. She also carries a long golden staff, which she can us as a deadly weapon.
Personality: Sesha isn't the most outgoing person in the world. She usually doesn't speak unless spoken to and the reply is usually short and quiet. If she is pushed enough she does have quite the anger. A good quality about her is that she is loyal. If she finds that she can trust you, then you will have a friend for life who will always have your back.
Short biography (or long, I don't care): ( I will sum it up as best I can...it gets rather long)
In short, Sesha's father dealt with the black market and ended up not being able to pay back a large group of very violent theives. Her mother was killed when she was six years old and her father left her soon after that. She grew up alone in the mountains training herself to fight with her staff and her fists. When she was 15 years old she decided to find the whereabouts of her father. She has now been wandering the Earth in search of him for the past six years.

** Let me know if this all makes sense and if I need to edit it or anything I can do that too.
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/sesha-t22117.html <--- My character profiles
Follow the populace and you will be popular.
Follow your mind and you will be purposeful.
Follow your heart and you will live.
-Vigilante

sesha
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Fri May 15, 2009 1:53 am

Hey, you came! That's awesome. Your character is accepted. It makes perfect sense to me, especially given the vagueness in my initial post, so I personally don't need you to edit anything at all.

Thanks for joining! I hope to see you in the IC soon. Feel free to jump in anywhere, since we've come nowhere close to deciding on a plot yet.

Oh, and as I promised in the IC I will now post my profile. It might help to know who my character is. Hah, I'm just not with it. I need to describe some of the other stuff better as well, like the Chromium Orden and shit. I'll do that shortly too.

Name: Quell Yomotashi
Type: Unknown (to you all, that is :D)

Appearance:
Quell is tall and thin, rising up to about six feet. He has a slight figure, but his muscles are well-toned. His small frame belies his incredible and supernatural strength. Quell usually has on some sort of coat, favoring a long, heavy, black trench coat, but just as satisfied with a short leather jacket as well. Beneath that, his attire almost exclusively consists of blue or black jeans and a dark-colored T-Shirt. As for his face, his features are angular and well-defined, and his chin-length jet-black hair is soft and feathery. He is of Japanese ancestry, but the bloodline is so diluted that he appears no different from the average American in terms of racial features. His usual expression is a grimace, but that's a matter of habit, and he's definitely capable of the full range of emotions.
Here is the official concept art for Quell: Click me!

Personality:
When it comes to facing down demons and other evil creatures, Quell keeps a cool head but offers no quarter and can be quite ruthless, especially the need arises for him to truly go all-out. However, when speaking with friends or allies, Quell is normally pleasant and sociable. He spent most of his life alone, but that doesn't seem to diminish this ability.

Short Bio:
Quell is obviously not human... at least not entirely. But even he, himself, knows no more about his own past than anyone else currently alive. He's filthy rich, having inherited a fortune and mansion in the island-city of Babylon from his father, who had inherited it from his grandfather, and so forth down the line. Quell's father never explained anything to him, and disappeared before Quell could muster the questions he so desperately wanted answers to. But deep down, Quell knows that its his duty to protect the world from the demons that inhabit and invade it, and so far he has come up against only one threat he could not beat: three years ago, in 2338, a demon calling himself Oni appeared in Babylon, unleashed utter destruction and chaos. Quell managed to stave him off, but he couldn't kill the bastard. Quell can feel Oni's presence still, and knows that one day he will return, and is constantly preparing for that day.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!