Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Greatness, for Better or Worse [A super powered rp; IC]

a topic in Fanfics & Other Fiction-Based Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Anime based, book based, movie based. For those who don't want to spend extra time developing an original world.

Greatness, for Better or Worse [A super powered rp; IC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaoslord29 on Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:19 pm

Greatness, for Better or Worse

Introduction

The place is Edge City; no Metropolis, Gotham or Central City but a growing and dynamic place to be sure, beginning to attract all sorts of attention, some of it less welcome than others. Along with the growing populace, a growing rate of crime (violent, organized and otherwise), Edge City has drawn the attention of more than a few concerned citizens, as well as certain . . . higher interests. Edge city represents an opportunity for more than just people, legitimate or criminal, but for their super powered counterparts as well and more than a few heroes and villains have begun to make the scene, looking to make a name and a way as much as anyone else. Which is of course where all of you come in, hero or villain, powerful or not, this is about what you can achieve and the conflicts that arise within our universe, so join up and make a name for yourself, and carve your own slice of history into the legacy of Edge City.

Rules
1. Literacy is a requirement for this RP, that means posting at least two sentences for your character, and more if youā€™re doing anything beyond simply breathing.
2. While this role-play does take place in the DC comic universe, it is strictly non-canon, though I may make exceptions for applicants with a compelling reason to play a canon-character.
3. I understand if you have writers block, and will make allowances, but if you need a suggestion or are lost, pm me or post OOC and weā€™ll get you back into the running.
4. No Godmodding, autohitting, puppeting , unapproved killing or any of that stuff that makes rping with losers and jerks unbearable. This is a literate RP and I expect people to conduct themselves as such.
5. All character applications will be submitted to me in a private message using the supplied format. Wait until I have approved to begin posting
6. Anything else of note will be covered personally, I donā€™t want to overwhelm or bury you in rules, letā€™s have fun.

Character Profile Format
Username:
Character Name: (Your Characterā€™s Birth Name)
Alias/Title: (Your characterā€™s alter ego, if any)
Age: (How old in years and maturity if different from human standards)
Abilities: (Skills, Talents, Equipment, Preternatural powers; Whatever makes your character super)
Personality: (Keep this simple; one sentence at most and two or three word attributes are fine)
Background: (Only what is relevant to how your character acts or behaves in the here and now; feel free to save this for the RP as plot development)
Appearance: (A physical description of your character [in and out of costume]. A written description is mandatory, but if you wish to submit a picture, make it a link and do not include it with every post)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

chaoslord29
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!