Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

World of Darkness (IC)

a topic in Fanfics & Other Fiction-Based Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Anime based, book based, movie based. For those who don't want to spend extra time developing an original world.

World of Darkness (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby amjbrazik on Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:22 pm

Thus it begins, a tale of the years,
a world without a light that sears.
Your hands dig into soil unclean,
Your soul, a vessel without sheen.
The path you take is your own, I fear.
For lose yourself, you will, my dear.

"Danza de la Obscuridad" - Unknown Author
Wars do not make one great

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

amjbrazik
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: World of Darkness (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iamsheena on Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:25 pm

As the sun set behind the buildings of New York City, slowly creeping below the horizon, the darkness setting in, Michiel de Parke awoke to the 'day' ahead of him. He could smell the different scents of human blood above his temporary living quarters in an underground tunnel, and he had to force himself to keep from going into a feeding frenzy. He had to wait for a later moment in the night, when people were more vulnerable and stupid. Regardless of the time and regardless of the place, Michiel noticed that there was always that percent of the population that thought they'd be fine walking alone at night. Of course, he took immense pleasure in proving them wrong.

But he figured that he would break the vampiric stereotype and forget about lurking beneath the city before he was ready to prowl and pounce. Instead, he would walk the streets and observe. Michiel wasn't much into the pure virgin's blood, although no one could deny its unique taste. But he preferred the challenge - if it could be called that - of an athlete; of a strong human who would try to fight off Michiel. It was all a little more fun when his prey believed that they could fight off the evil.

So he walked the streets of New York to set his eyes on his target.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

iamsheena
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anzuth on Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:10 am

Moving down the sidewalk at a steady pace, hands in the pockets of his brown leather bomber, Blake scanned around. Taking a deep sniff, he checked to make sure he hadn't stumbled into anyone's territory, feeling at his arm as he did. Stupid Iminir didn't have to cut him like that, Yankee jerk... Still scratching at the long healed flesh under his sleeve, he kept on moving. He had no idea where he was in this city, though he knew he was heading south. Not much traffic as compared to yesterday, everyone hustling and bustling around those skyscrapers. He liked it better down here, where the buildings were shorter, and people didn't seem in a hurry without a reason.

Spotting some dork with radioactive hair climb out of a sewer, Blake pulled up short. It wasn't the weirdest thing he had ever seen, not by a long shot, but this guy was real thin, and he looked like a hunter. Add that to an affinity for the underground, and it rang a lot of warning bells for Beshilu, though the guy didn't look like a Ridden. In his experience, rat-men were twitchy, hyper, and tended to stay to the shadows. This guy was just walking the street, but even so, Blake didn't like it. Deciding he had nothing better to be doing, he started following the guy, keeping him just in eye and ear shot. If the guy was Beshilu, he wouldn't live out the night. If he wasn't, no loss to the Texan. Maybe he would lead interesting places.
Advisory; User is not responsible for any rambling or discontinuity within the above post. Any such behavior should immediately be reported by way of forum post or Private Message. That is all.

Anzuth
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby amjbrazik on Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:29 pm

As the sun dipped below the horizon, Mary Sue opened her soft gray eyes and they quickly adjusted to the pitch black of her room. She was nestled into the soft silks of a four poster bed, two layers of thick curtains surrounded her and she tried to squeeze into her pillows as the deathlike slumber lifted from her limbs. With a resignation to the fact that she had a busy night, she picked herself up and pushed back the curtains and set her feet down into the bedroom of her midtown Manhattan suite.

Being in the upper class of vampire society had its perks. And it showed itself in the elegance and security measures she kept in her haven. There were no windows for this particular floor of the Trump Hotel. It had been constructed that way. A payment here, a lost piece of paper there. And a floor was made that only one elevator could reach with a particular push of floor buttons. And even the door to get into her room could only be opened from her side and she was careful to allow no one save a retainer to come into it. One that was bonded to her. Blood and Soul.

"Miranda," she said as she stepped barefoot to the metal vault door. "Time to come in. And do have the curlers ready this time." She spun the heavy metal locking bar and pushed the door open. Though it was heavy, her vampire strength easily moved its enormous mass. The piercing light from just a few small electric candles was still staggering and she squinted.

"I've got them, Ma'am," the retainer Miranda smiled. She was a beautiful woman, dark straight hair cut short to frame her face, and piercing blue eyes. Her frame was much like Mary Sue's. Lithe and petite, small bosoms. Mary Sue however had medium length blond hair, and every night, for the past forty years she had curled it ever so slightly.

As Miranda hustled about the room, turning up the lights and opening the newspaper to Mary Sue's favorite page, the vampire recited what she wanted to accomplish this evening.

"As I understand it," Mary Sue began, "Lord Atrimer thinks he can start to move into my hunting territories just east of Central Park. You're to arrange a water line burst somewhere in that residential district. He has a haven around there and I want him to have to clean up that mess. Its a subtle message, but effective. Then you're to find out what those crying harpies are whining about. I've heard the Prince is slandering my own and I want to be sure before I take that battle into my hands." She paused as Miranda was mucking about in the closet. "No, bring me the the black lacy number. I am going hunting tonight. I want to look decent if I must socialize. Anyway, call Naomi. I would like her to meet me at the 'Gilded Rose', its the new bar down the street. That's easy enough for you to remember."

Miranda took all of this in and nodded. However, her eyes seemed desperate.

"When was the last time I-"

"A week," Miranda said hastily. Mary Sue smiled and her fangs leaped out into a demonlike grin.

"Well come here, love," she slashed her wrist with her fangs and blood dripped onto the ground. Miranda sprung forward, falling to her knees. The blood catching her chin and open mouth. "You've been good." Mary Sue smiled as the blood splashed over her servants face. It promised to be a good night.

amjbrazik
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpearedGrave1 on Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:18 pm

Naomi's night had begun two hours before sunset, allowing for the necessary amount of time to get ready for what was to come. She rose form her bed of white cotton sheets making for the bathroom and a quick shower. The aroma last nights trips to the clubs washed away under a bombardment of hot water and the assault of soaps. Satisfactorily cleaned, the next step was to apply just enough makeup to her young face to give her that vivid look all the boys on the streets admire. Nothing too fancy though, not tonight. Opting out of the lipstick and colored eye shadow. She then dried her dreaded hair before heading to the closet to select her fashion. Tonight she picked out an outfit comprised of a gray tank top which dropped down just shy enough to revel part of her belly. She augmented the lack of sleeves with a fishnet weave on her left arm that came up to her shoulder from its starting point at her hands. For the right, just twenty black bands and a bigger light blue one that dwarfed the rest. A checkered short skirt with gray and black contrast was chosen for her midsection. While her over her legs she pulled long stockings of alternating bands between light blue and gray. In a burst of impulse also added black suspenders to the outfit, letting then hang off her for the most part instead of securing anything with them. And for shoes, black boots that came up to almost her knee each sporting three belt buckle straps to keep their place.

With that done Naomi set off for her computer, the newest gift from her rich sponsor. To myspace she went to check in with someone who might one day know her… again. The screen shown bright the images on her youngest brothers profile and just seeing his face again almost brought afew tears in Naomi’s eyes. Knowing he was alive and well with the rest of her folks. Playing on a soccer team and on his way to college on scholarship before the end of the year. Naomi’s fingers worked on the keyboard and despite knowing that it was a bad idea she composed a message under the disguise of a stranger. Before she let herself get too emotional it was sent.

“Now, to get ready for tonight.” She said to herself in her normal tone. Pulling her shotgun out from an umbrella holder (yes, she keeps it there.) she grabbed her special case. The case was an elongated brown leather cylinder with no physical way to be opened from the outside. A matching loop is attached at one end letting the case hang over one’s shoulder. There is no lock or clasp mechanism. Instead Naomi simply pushed the weapon into its container willing the matter to part temporally as she does so. With lethal force now snugly on her back it was time to head out. Not before snagging her lucky pager of course.

A short elevator ride and out upon the busy streets she is. Mixing with the roaming crowds and the sounds of horns while panicked businesspeople strive to get back home. It wasn’t long until Naomi sifted through the city and into Central Park where she was hoping to give a newer ritual she had been developing a try. This park after-all had energy about it, something she could use for her willworking. Her plans were interrupted though with the buzzing of her pager. Naomi looked down at the number with a roll of her eyes.

“Arug, tonight of all nights Mary. You would call right when I’m on a breakthrough.” She told the little device. “Guess I’d just better see what she wants.”

A brisk two minute walk found Naomi at one of the parks many payphones. The pager had not stopped ringing the whole time, it was designed that way. She lifted up the receiver to the sound of its robotic female operator voice demanding money for its services. After a moment, Naomi gently tapped the pager to the phone pressed against her ear and the call was made.

A female voice picked up on the other line. “Hello?”

“Oh! Hey Miranda… it’s Naomi. I’m kinda hectic tonight but… ah, what’s up?”

Miranda did as she was told. “Mary Sue has requested your presence tonight at the Gilded Rose.”

Naomi searched her memory for the place. “Gilded Rose huh? That’s that new bar down on Simons St. It’ll be about an hours walk for me, ya know.” As Naomi talked she shifted herself to a lean against the phone box.

“It has been taken care of. She’ll see you there shortly” Miranda’s voice responded followed by the tell-tale click of a hang-up.

How rude. Naomi thought to herself as she watched a black Lexus pull up to a nearby curb. The driver came out and opened the back door giving Naomi that inviting look to step in. And so she did just that and within minutes found herself in front of the bar.

It was recently built into the walls of the city. Not what Naomi would call a hot spot but at least it had some sheik to it. The building was set in a cream marble with large glass windows so that the outside world might view all the fun everyone was having. A great oak bar shaped in a boxy “cheers style” square made up the centerpiece. While smaller tables dotted the outermost areas for more private parties. It was at one such table that Mary sat with an untouched glass of water beside her thanks to some enthusiastic new waiter. After Naomi fended off some teenage punk with a stare she took a seat across from the vampire. Naomi didn’t like the feeling she got around Mary so much anymore. It was an odd pull on her heart, like this undead women was her actual mother. A twisting in Naomi after all she’d been through. Mary was also her only real means of living in this city other then dumpster diving for scraps. And that’s how Naomi liked to play it off as. Trying to ignore that deeper pull inside and treat the matter as business.

“So, what’ll it be tonight? I hope you didn’t call me here for something silly again. Like stealing those pictures of freaky judge what’s his face.” Naomi pauses then cuts back before Mary might get in a word. “You know… I had plans tonight, big plans. So, I mean, this better be worth something, that elixir you make. Or maybe some of my own money and not some locked down bank account thing.” The elixir she was referring to was Mary’s blood, a most refreshing flare of life.

SpearedGrave1
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby amjbrazik on Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:50 pm

"Silly, Darling," she gave Naomi a wide, white smile. Mary Sue was dressed to kill this evening. She did not attend to this punk fad that seemed to be all the rage at the start of this millennium. She stuck to styles that seemed similar to her aesthetic appeal which were firmly rooted in her century of unlife. She wore a black dress that was embroidered with black roses. It cut a thin slit down her leg that started inches above her right knee, and then down her bare legs. She wore pretty strapped heels that gave her an inch and a half to her 5'3 frame. Her blond hair was immaculately curled. Her eyes had mascara, and her lips and nails were a bright cherry red.

"I wouldn't call you for a silly reason. You know that," she dropped the smile and dipped her finger in the glass of water on the table and danced it across her lips. The cool water felt refreshing, even though now her body was room temperature. She bit her tongue because a powerful urge of hunger pressed itself against her mind. For a minute she simply stared into the glass before her eyes flicked up towards the bar to see if a potential kine was there to suit her particular pallete. She managed to push her hunger away for a minute and focus back on Naomi.

"Is it so strange that I might desire your company for an evening?" She smiled once more and gave her a playful wink.

amjbrazik
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpearedGrave1 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:12 am

Naomi sat forward in the plush chair beneath with her elbows on the table and her two hands lifted up in support of her chin. There she waited for Mary’s attention to come back to the matter at hand. Naomi had become used to this kind of behavior when the two are together and found it was just something to be waited out. Still she hated each passing second with a passion, a feeling of being ignored and left waiting. Finally Mary’s gaze came back to her.

“One minute … and six point five one, seconds later.” Naomi muttered under her breath covering the subtle insult by rearranging the leather case from the floor to the back of her chair. Resetting herself to a more normal posture.

Not missing a beat Naomi smiled back. “Don’t take it the wrong way Mary. I just had other plans, but they’ll wait. I’d be more than happy to tag along with you this evening. Wish you would have told me about it sooner though. Dressed up like that, I take it it’s going to be one of those fancy gatherings again,huh? Hopefully I won’t embarrass you too much.”

SpearedGrave1
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Van Suddles on Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:27 am

The Hive scrambled from the soft loam that filled the pit of the sewer, once at the surface he threw up noisily, maggots pouring out of his mouth with surprising force and scrambling off into the protection of the soil. He picked his way through the foul smelling soil and entered the abandoned pumping stioatin to make use of his ameanaties. As if in some kind of stupor he staggered into the showering room, grabbed some soap stolen from a government building and began washing himelf. A few minutes later, the usual stench held at bay for another night, the hive wandered into his 'office', pulling on a ripped t-shirt and shredded jeans. He pushed the power button of a very basic computer and thnked his clan for their assistance in the organisation of internet, carefully he checked his E-mails.

Nothing, sighing slighty, a mixture of boredom and joy wrestled for control. He did so like having something official to do from the prince, usually just a minor theft or some information digging needed, but it meant that for tonight, he could pursue his own projects. The hive pulled on a large, battered overcoat and pulled on a large floppy felt hat that hid most of his features and provided him the cover of an untouchable, a beggar who would stumble the streets, if only they knew. The hive chuckled to himself as he carefully locked his domain and clambered up the nearest manhole. The moon had just begun rising, and the night was his. oh the possibilities.

Van Suddles
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby amjbrazik on Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:43 pm

Her hunger almost fluttered her lifeless heart and she nodded. "Yes, A little party. Any vampires are invited to come, plus who they bring with them. And luckily, I chose you." She grinned and moved out of the table and stood up. "Just a second, dear."

With a supernatural grace she walked up to the bar and picked out a short haired college stud. He was 6'2, and muscled. Showing them off with a wife beater shirt he had a look of superiority about him, the kind Mary Sue liked.

She leaned over the bar, swinging her hips and displaying her back to the boy. She turned her head when the kid said, "Hey baby."

She turned to face him and caught his eyes. All she needed from a mortal like him. "Meet me in the alley, baby. Leave your friends here," she cooed, pushing a supernatural flare through her voice. The poor sap's eyes glistened over and he nodded quickly turning and leaving his friends and he bee-lined for the door.

Mary Sue giggled and winked to his friends before going back to the table. She dipped her fingers into the glass of water again and pressed them against her lips.

"Shall we, darling?" she said to Naomi, a huntress' gleam in her eye.

amjbrazik
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpearedGrave1 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:47 pm

Naomi gave Mary a quick nod as she gathered her things. She knew what was about to happen all too well. "I'll be waiting in the car, you go enjoy your din din." she said over her shoulder to Mary.

Having not eaten herself tonight she gave a quick visit to the rest of the guys each making slight cracks about how lucky this "Jason" was. If only they knew.

"Oh, looks like her friend wants to play too!" one of them called out as Naomi approached. "how about it sweety?" This particular clown had a half eaten cheeseburger with some fries to boot in front of him. He'd stopped eating them long ago to instead chat it up with his pals.

Naomi took a seat next to the guy and picked up one of his fries giving it a bite. "Sorry, but you couldn't handle me if you tried." she smiled back. While she did so she gave a quick flick of her wrist turning her victims luck sour. He was preparing a wise crack back when the barkeeper slipped sending a full mug of beer all over the stud. Naomi was quick to pull the food out of the way of the liquid, she didn't want to spoil it after-all. Soaked from head to toe the guy glared at the barkeep while a busting laughter rolled from his friends. "See, you can't even handle alittle spill." Naomi jested as she handed him a towel from across the counter.

"Thanks" he said taking it and making for the bathroom. As soon as the doors closed Naomi took the meal with her out to the car waiting around the corner. With great pleasure she munched waiting for Mary to arrive while chuckling to herself about misfortunes that yielded her delicious food.

SpearedGrave1
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby amjbrazik on Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:38 pm

He was just standing there idly by a dumpster in the alley next to the bar. He stared at the dirty brick wall as Mary Sue walked up behind him, her heels clicking against the pavement.

"Good boy," she said as he turned around. She moved towards him like a cat, her eyes hungry as she prowled. Her ruby colored nails pressed against his chest and he grinned. "Oh yeah, baby. Come to daddy," he purred. Poor soul, she thought.

She slinked closer, wrapping her arms around his massive torso. His skin felt so warm compared to hers and she reveled in it. She kissed up his chest and stopped at his neck, his heart beat slamming into her sensitive ears. With a reflexive action her fangs flashed open and she bit deep into his jugular and warm blood splashed into her mouth.

The collegiate moaned in ecstasy as she sucked. The Kiss was a pleasurable experience for him, but it was like sexual release for her. She lived for her dead existence thanks to these moments. In her younger years, she was scared to take a mortal life, but now it didn't seem to bother her. And she was going to drain this fool.

He went limp and started to fall, and Mary Sue fell atop him, taking the last drops and feeling his heartbeat cease its enduring rhythm. She stood then, her skin flush, her body warm, and blood coating her jaw. She licked it away, savoring every bit of it.

She huffed then and readjusted her outfit and decided what to do with the body. With a clever grin, she knew it was all too easy.

She went to the car she had sent to pickup Naomi and opened the door. Naomi looked surprised. "Come on, darling. I have something for you to do," she winked.

With that she led Naomi back to the alley. The dead frat boy waiting.

amjbrazik
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpearedGrave1 on Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:59 pm

Naomi had just plopped the last fry in her month when Mary opened the door. Like an obedient child she followed the vampire back into the alleyway knowing full well what to expect. The idea hastened her chewing not wanting to ruin the dinner with the sight of the freshly slain.

The corpse lay still in the alleyway illuminated slightly with a yellow tinge from an overhanging light. Its eyes had closed shut and the expression of pleasure hung on its face in the form a smirk. A most gentle repose. It wasn’t something Naomi wanted to see but she won’t let any emotion show from it. The nights of resent years had taught her to steel herself from such things. Maybe in the most un-noticeable ways she hinted at her disgust but to the world she pushed a face of strength and apathy.

Naomi gave a short sigh before speaking. “Really Mary? You brought me back here just to clean off your table. Couldn’t have just put him in the dumpster or called some of your goon squad could ya?” As she finished she tapped the side of her head twisting her perception to include the subtle differences between atoms. Her boot slammed on the ground and the concrete below the man turned to putty causing his lifeless body to enter a slow sink. Naomi could feel a burning sensation deep within one of her shoulder blades sending a wince of pain to flash across her face. Within only a matter of seconds the body was gone; becoming integrated into the city he used to live in. The peace of the sewers below disturbed as an arm leisurely slid down through the scum lined roof. Stopping in a dangling hang above the waste beneath.

“Anything else I can do for you ma-lady?” Naomi asked while giving her shoulder a rub with one hand working to restore her own pattern. Stupid paradox.

SpearedGrave1
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Van Suddles on Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:59 am

The Hive was almost wiped out by a pair of chunky goth boots as he poked his head out of the manhole cover. He scrambled up out of the hole, mumbling apologies, playing the poor hobo, down on his luck routine, but leaving out any comment of money. The Hive had eaten recently so was not all that interested in a quick snack. He kept his hat well down, so that his face would be covered, deep in it's shadows Then he smelled her. She was old, and mildly potent, much like himself. But if there was an old vampire down the alleyway then why was this lil goth girl sauntering around like she owned the place?

"Miss, if ye'd like my advice I'd get outta here, It's not safe around here." Being fairly young in vampire terms, The hive had retained much of his latent humanity, something he treaseured and held dear in the long days in the sewers.

((Edit: apologies about the non posting, work kinda piled up on me, flat hunting and going to work etc, stuff has calmed down though.))

Van Suddles
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpearedGrave1 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:51 am

Naomi watched the man with an expression of bored amusement as he climbed out of the tunnels below. He was interesting mostly because of his odd timing. Her enchanted eyes worked themselves over his form as he approached gifting her the knowledge that he was different. Humans had a spark about them. A lifeline in a consist state of change as they continue to grow. But this fellow lacked such. The stillness in his pattern, she could tell. He was a vampire.

She shifted the case on her back ever so slightly, reassuring herself that the lethal force it contained was still there. To his words a smile broke across her lips. "Not safe." She might even of chuckled. "No offense, but take your own advise."

To Naomi this was thought of as a quiet standoff as the two stood in the dimly lite alleyway. She had nothing against this newcomer and nothing for him either. And because of such he was deemed a threat until proven otherwise. Still he did try to warn her about the peril she would of been in if she was some normal human. Maybe he wasn't a threat after all and where were her manners. Most vampires she'd meant loved good manners.

With a jolt reflecting her thoughts she extended a hand forward to stranger. "Sorry. The names Naomi." With a motion of her head she nodded back to her female friend. "That there is Mary Sue. Maybe you've heard of her. Would be surprised if you haven't."

SpearedGrave1
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby amjbrazik on Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:05 pm

Mary Sue smiled widely, her sparkling white teeth and over the top movie premier attire creating a terrible contrast to the grimy alley. She had never met this particular predator of the night and a surge of the beast within flooded her. Her blood was older than hers, and it screamed at her to run this man down to eliminate a potential rival. She resisted however, simply smiling.

"Yes, Mary Sue," she said quietly. She had a few titles, the most prominent of which was "Queen of the Ventrue". She was one of six advisers to the "Prince" of the city. The uncontested ruler of New York. Being a primogen was tough work, and it also involved public appearances in the Vampiric world. Hence tonight.

"Come on, darling, we must not be late, it would not be wise for me to show up after that Sanctified Hound, Luveous."

Naomi looked at her with a questioning gaze and Mary Sue simply shook her head.

"There is a gathering tonight at Elysium," she answered her gaze. "Every vampire will be there, plus a retainer or two." She looked up at The Hive.

"Every vampire who was... invited," she said dripping with disdain.

amjbrazik
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Van Suddles on Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:35 am

Yeah he knew a Mary Sue, and even though he was not of her clan he gave her the respect her position demanded by bowing his head slightly when she arrived. 'Well there goes my cover' thought The Hive. Her attitude was to be expected, The Ventrue usually went power mad and the delusion of greatness coupled by the feeling of unassailable power was a normal one. When everything went bad with the Ventrue, it went seriously bad. The Hive had realised why he was not on the list of 'Every Vampire' the Prince had something else in mind for him. "Well Naiomi I do hope tonight proves a usefull learning expreiance, and I hope all your plans come to fruition, whatever they may be."

As The Hive was saying his farewells his phone began to ring. "Yes Carmicheal? (The sherriff) Of course. Yes. Thats fine. Usual payment. Excellent."

He closed the mobile. "Ladies I bid you farw...." He turned to face the wall and threw up, maggots streaming out of his mouth, colliding with the far wall and wriggling their way to the floor. "Farewell." The Hive finished. He carefully shuffled out of the alley.

Van Suddles
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpearedGrave1 on Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:05 am

"Great... Elysium." There was a heavy touch of loathing in Naomi’s voice. Was it sitting around in a building full of vampires each one glaring at her with their hungry eyes. Or being shown off to the more troublesome Kindred as some sort of attack dog. Naomi couldn’t figure out what she detested more. Then again, Elysium did have a spark about it. A place where beings that defy death reside almost nightly, maybe she could give that new ritual a try.

She pulled her thoughts back to the situation just in time to see the stream of maggots fall from The Hive’s mouth. Slinking back she covered her own and suppress a twisting stomach, blurting out. “oh god, that’s gross.” Naomi gave the man a slight wave as he parted while she fought with herself to stop the replaying maggot rain in her head. The fact that she had just ate didn’t help.

“Com’on Mary, you did say you didn’t want to be late.” And with that Naomi made her way to the car, glade to put that behind her. The handle gave its usual click as she opened the door for Mary Sue, standing there binding her to enter. Unknown to observers Naomi was channeling a time spell. Although only mere seconds passed in real time, she quickly lived out most the trip from the Gilded Rose to Elysium. It had become a tradition after an attempted car bombing three months back. Nothing interesting would happen for most of the trip until the last ten minutes. The car would pass someone on the sidewalk and after that things became slightly fuzzy. This normally only happened when supernatural lives cross near each other creating a distortion in the time stream. Might just be another vampire huffing it to Elysium Naomi guessed. Just to be safe thought she worked her magic on the car amplifying the density of the material it was made of. It was bulletproof before but now with the effects of her spell it could take a direct hit from a train and drive away with only a dent. All the casting only took place within about nine seconds and without a single flashy motion from anyone to see. That would suffice for a safe trip. If only Mary knew just how much she did for her.

“You…” Naomi paused, she was about to comment on how slow the driver was going to be but doing such could very well change her reading. “… It’ll be a twenty-three minute drive cross town, nothing super should happen."

Just then her paper gave out a funny beep. Naomi quickly fetched it from its dangle on her suspenders. Big bold green letters scrolled across its screen “Your Mail Was Received” welcoming her stare. Naomi didn’t want to let it show but her body perked with an unsaid joy. She was even smiling as she showed Mary Sue in, before taking her seat as well.
Last edited by SpearedGrave1 on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpearedGrave1
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby amjbrazik on Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:40 am

Mary Sue fiddled with her blonde curls as she lounged in the back seat of the car. It was extremely comfortable and decorated to her fancy. White leather with grey accents on the walls. The windows were covered in that reflective material so she could see out, but others could not see in.

As of now she was looking Naomi over with great curiousity. The vampire knew her blood was strong, but the will of the mage before her was powerful indeed. Naomi was beginning to tug against the viniculum, or the blood bond, Mary Sue had inflicted upon her and it was most disconcerting. Mary Sue let Naomi's snide comments roll on by because she knew that to bring her distaste forward it would push the mage further away.

Dark city streets rolled past them, with pinpoints from skyscrapper windows lighting up the clouds. New York City had its particular charm to Mary Sue, she had lived here for centuries cultivating her place amongst the living and not. She had found a place of power, fear, and respect amongst those she knew. But it was not without cost, and she knew this.

For this reason she had found Naomi by chance and made it to her advantage. Supernatural forces now kept Naomi close to the Ventrue, and it had saved her more than once. Though Mary Sue would never admit it to anyone but Naomi.

Consequently, despite her ill intentions to most she did go out of her way to provide a kind (albeit cold and impatient) heart to Naomi. It was Mary's way of keeping herself connected to her wanning humanity. After all, how many humans would drink a flirtatious frat boy dry and put him underground.

"Not many..." Mary Sue whispered outloud, and Naomi looked in a shock, brought out of her moment of inner thought. Mary quickly squinted her eyes happily and smiled.

"Nothing darling, just thinking. But alas, tonight is not for thinking, it is for action. The Prince has decided to make an announcement, and you know how he LOVES to throw a party for such an occasion. As I understand its actually important this time."

She turned away and looked out the window when her eye sight caught a glimpse of something. A flash? A movement? The predator in her flared. Something was not right.

amjbrazik
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpearedGrave1 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:45 am

Naomi took her seat next to Mary in the back of the car. Her mind was bursting with ideas about what she should send back to her brother when she would get home later that night. Maybe a picture! No, that would be stupid. She thought to herself. The quickest way to just get blocked out which was something she couldn't bare to think about. Deep in her romanticized daydream she was taking herself as the streetlights passed overhead. One thought drifted into another and for several long minutes the young mage was completely lost to the world. Echoing behind these ideas was music, a nice beat within the background of her mind. She has used her magic yet again to simply tune into the radio stations playing that reflected her mood. An involuntary tapping of her foot kept in sync with the beat, nothing annoying but a visible motion.

Naomi pulled her eyes away from the window for only a second catching a glimpse that Mary was looking at her. Wonder what she's thinkin about. She thought to herself. "Scheming" Naomi mouthed the words to her reflection in the glass window. She's always scheming. Thinking of new ways to undermine anything that crosses her path. Every night! How can she even let herself live like that. Must be some kinda of sick pleasure, or powertripin high. Never anything real, just spite. Lots and lots of spite. I mean, I could ask her for more help but she'll turn it around at me. Getting a computer was a battle in itself because surly it was such a stretch from someone as rich as she is. Of anything she just doesn't want me to get distracted or maybe she's just afraid because I can find the power button, unlike her. Screw this! I should just go out on the own again... I'm not some toy! I'm freakin magical! How many people would just line up to take me in for awhile? Hundreds? Thousands?

Naomi's thoughts were quickly broken away as Mary answered her question with her whisper, even if it was unintended. The surprise almost making Naomi jump as the rage she had fueled quickly flushed itself away to be replaced with a shame. Like a young child caught in a temper tantrum. There, only a mere foot away from her was the women that took her in from the streets and gave her a home when the world left her abandoned. And there she was secretly patronizing her as if it was all Mary's fault. A rush of loving emotions fell over Naomi as she fought to contain her longing to have some iota of acknowledgment. A hug, a light pat, maybe just a reassuring touch, no, just a smile. One Naomi quickly returned hoping for a form normalcy to return to her. If only the young girl understood the power of a blood bond the whole situation would make a lot more sense to her.

“Any idea what it’s about?” She blurted out the first thing sounded reasonable as Mary’s eyes flashed toward the stranger outside. Naomi quickly recalled her vision noting their place in the time stream.

“Don’t worry about em. I’ve already takin precautions to make sure nothing could happen to you Mary. They could hit this car with a mac-truck and you'd walk away without a scratch.” As she said this her young hand slide across the gap between the two stopping only an inch shy of the vampire’s. Naomi caught herself and quickly withdrew it hoping her company didn’t notice. She did the first thing she could think of and began moving a dread that had fallen in front of her face. Eight minutes, ten point four seconds and we’ll be there. She told herself while giving the strand a good pull to set it in place. The music came blasting back into her skull as she tuned back into the radio again with her magic. Turning up the volume and keeping it on something brain numbing to drown out the anxiety. Closing her eyes in a forced relaxed pose, her ears wide open to the slightest request that Mary might utter.

SpearedGrave1
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!