Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

World War Z

a topic in Fanfics & Other Fiction-Based Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Anime based, book based, movie based. For those who don't want to spend extra time developing an original world.

Re: World War Z

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby weaselboy on Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:24 pm

As they come up to the gutted NYC Downtown hospital, Karl says "Pull it around the side there... That door is closest to the back stairwell. The ground level is pretty much trashed so we will have to get to one of the wards and hope they aren't totally ruined."

Pulling up near the door, the group start to warily get out of the truck.

"Let's keep the gunfire to a minimum. We don't need a mob scene here or we may never get back out alive."

Karl pulls his pry axe out and, moving much quieter than someone of his bulk would, scouts the immediate area and proclaims it clear.

"There are a couple of wanderers around the corner but if we stay quiet, they will ignore us. Follow me..."

He helps Chris up and heads to the hospital door. It is marked EMPLOYEES ONLY but the word Employees has been spray painted over and the word ALIVE has been sprayed over it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

weaselboy
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewArthur on Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:34 pm

"Thanks man, we at the hospital?" Chris croaked his throat dry as can be. The pain in had subsided a bit and gone numb.
Police cordoned off Liverpool City Centre this morning when a
suspicious object was discovered in a car. It later turned
out to be a tax disc.

You can Razzle Dazzle my Fantazmagazzle!!!!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NewArthur
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DJAtomika on Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:20 am

The truck stopped outside the hospital, and its occupants got out.

Following Karl's lead, Ed pulled out his machete and silently advanced down the corridor.

'What if they hear us? Someone makes an unnecessary noise or something?' Ed whispered to Karl.

For I, am The Darkness...

DJAtomika
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby weaselboy on Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:18 pm

"Well, I guess we'll burn that bridge when we get to it... I have been able to do the bait and switch on small groups form time to time... When there are a bunch in my way, I circle around, make some noise and get them to come towards me. I then take a wide path back and hopefully have enough lead on them to shake off pursuit. It DOES get dicey sometimes though..."

They head quietly up the stairs to the second floor. Signs of looting and fighting are all over... Windows are broken and carts are upended in the halls.

After a few minutes it is apparent that the 2nd floor has been stripped clean so Karl leads them up to the 3rd floor. So far, there has been no sign of life. There is no power to the building so the eerie shadows from the windows cast stretching rectangles into the hallway as they emerge from the stairwell.

This floor looks much better. There are still signs of looting but things seems a little less trashed. Karl brings Chris into the nearest room and puts him down on the bed. With a chuckle, he sees what kind of room it actually is.

"Hey Chris, it's just the leg and the lungs that are bugging you, right? You don't happen to be in a 'family way', are you?"

Karl points out that they are in the "Labor and Delivery" ward...

weaselboy
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DJAtomika on Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:15 am

(OOC : i'm guessing Chris isn't the only thing dying here.)

DJAtomika
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby weaselboy on Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:07 am

Karl starts working on Chris' leg. Chris twinges a little at the poking and the prodding but mostly maintains a stoic demeanor. He is bandaged up in about 15 minutes and hops gingerly onto his feet, testing it out.

"Not as bad as it could have been." says Karl. "Last thing you want in this day and age is an infection."

After rummaging through the floor's pharmacy, Karl injects Chris with some antibiotics and stows the rest in his pack. A few bottles of pills he hands over to the rest of the group.

"Just in case we get separated, keep some meds with you. The rule of thumb for these is 'If you bleed, pop 2 a day for 2 days'. That should give you a leg up on fighting infection. No pun..." he glances at Chris' leg.

"We may as well hole up here for the night. It is getting late and we may as well make the most of being off the streets. I suggest we start grabbing what food we can."

Karl takes out his pry axe and pops open a vending machine by the elevators, piling up and dividing the candy and snacks into piles for everyone to take...

weaselboy
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewArthur on Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:12 pm

Chris moved about on his leg, he could feel the pain that coursed through it, but he kept up, he nodded a quick thanks to Karl, then picked his sniper rifle up and head to the nearest window looking down onto the streets, and took up a defensive watch, for anything that could look to cause them harm, off in the distance he could see the flames from the truck he destroyed lighting the sky. It was a waste he new that but it kept them alive, for that short time they were still alive.

"We have to get to my chopper" Chris thought to himself, the chopper they had flown in on had been left at the nearest military base, but what condition it was in he didn't know. he thought better than to tell them now, when they had had some rest he would tell them his idea, flicking down his night vision goggles he watch the streets

NewArthur
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby weaselboy on Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:30 am

"A chopper? Hmmm. That has lots of possibilities,, to be sure. The first I can think of is commandeering a nice tall building. Lookit. NYC has enough salvage for years and years. There are Civil Defense shelters throughout the city, not to mention all of the canned goods and such. If we pick a nice tall building and land the chopper on the roof, we can seal up ground level and start to clear the floors, one by one from the top. If we devote the first 5 or so floors to nothing but obstacles and sealing up the stairwells etc, we can have a nice little castle arrangement. Hydroponics and small crops on the roofs, ramps to surrounding buildings and whatnot. We can start to retake the city this way."

Karl looks as enthusiastic as he has so far. The idea of doing some good on a bigger scale has lit a fire inside him.

As he is thinking out loud, a low moaning starts from somewhere in the hospital. They all can feel it more than hear it. Instantly, everyone has weapons at hand as they move to the stairwell to try and get a read on where the noise is coming from. The directionless moaning is pierced by a man's scream, harsh and animalistic. It is coming from the floor above them. Panicked footsteps can be heard stomping down the hallways.

Karl takes the stairs two at a time, pry axe in hand. He bursts through the 4th floor door and sends a zombie sprawling with the force of the slam. Surprised by this, he lets the door shut just as he hears a woman yell "GRAB THE DOOR! DON'T LET IT SHUT! SHIT!"

Too late. The door slams shut and locks behind him. Karl looks down the corridor and sees a haggard redhaired woman, holding a tire iron in one hand and a maglight in the other. Between them is a small circle of zombies hunched over something on the floor. They are feeding. Several other zombies are approaching the woman. She brains one of them and pulls pack further down the hallway.

Karl races down the hall, cracking into the skulls of a couple of the zombies, clearing a path towards the woman.

"Work your way back here! I have friends with me!"
-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
After what seems like forever, the redhaired woman starts to clear her way towards Karl. He, in turn, works his way towards her, clubbing with determination, the gore dripping from his prybar. They meet about halfway down the corridor and pause for a minute.

"I have friends one floor down in Maternity. No No. They aren't pregnant!" Karl chuckles.

"That's great. Let's get the hell out of here!" the woman replies.

They get back to the stairwell without incident, the remaining zombies are content with feeding on whatever, whoever, it was they dragged down. Karl struggles for a minute to open the door with his prybar. Just as he is about to really put his back into it when the door flies open, revealing a wide-eyed Chris, his pistol at the ready...
Last bumped by weaselboy on Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:30 am.

weaselboy
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!