Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Cleaning up the Combines mess (HL2 Roleplay.)

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Cleaning up the Combines mess (HL2 Roleplay.)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerman4527 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:54 am

As Barney pulls up an old computer monitor and sets it up on an old table in the base. He pulled up quick chat with H.Q.
ANY CALLSIGN THIS IS
O.P. ALPHA. WE ARE UNDER
HEAVY ATTACK.

O.P. ALPHA THIS IS
H.Q. BE ADVISED ALL
ALL OTHER O.P.S REPORTING
SIMILAR CONTACTS.

H.Q THIS IS CALLSIGN BARNEY
AT O.P ALPHA. DO YOU HAVE ANY
ASSETS ONLINE YOU COULD
SEND US?

BARNEY IT'S H.Q. WE HAVE
NEWLY-RECOVERED ASSETS.
THEY SHOULD BE ACTIVE IN FOUR HOURS. *static comes up on the screen and goes back*

H.Q. IT'S BARNEY. WE
DON'T HAVE FOUR HOURS.
WHAT KIND OF "ASSETS"
ARE WE TALKING ABOUT?

BARNEY IT'S H.Q.
YOU'RE NOT GOING TO
BELIEVE THIS BUT
WE REACT-

The screen goes blank in a flash of static

Marion: "So what are they saying?"
Barney: "I don't know. They weren't making any sense."
Marion: "Well are they sending anyone?"
Barney: "I guess we'll find out in four hours."

A loud roar sounds. An antlion guard burst's through the wall and starts attacking the metro units. They dispatch it quickly.

The war is over. The combine had been destroyed. The last rearmaments of their army tried to hide from us, they were waiting for reinforcements that would never come. We found them, and when we did there was no surrender. No mercy. After the war earth pretty much found itself with no standing armies anywhere. So it was decided that I would take command of any metro units we captured. Of all the combine units they were the least modified, the most human, and I didn't trust them. But we needed someone to clean up the combines mess. Slowly but surely things were getting back to normal. Except that is for one small lose end that wouldn't go away. During the fighting the antlions had been breeding unchecked. It was only when things slowed down we realized how bad things had gotten. At first we could contain them with thumpers, but in the end the lions figured out that a rhythmic thumping noise wasn't all that dangerous. For awhile we could still control the them with pheropods, then they stopped working to. Looks like we were going to have to do this the old-fashion way.

(( Alright so here's the deal if you didn't understand any of that. The combine are dead, the metrocops were captured and turned into rebels, Barney is commanding the metro units. I basically got all this from here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2nnM62MjJg . We only follow this episode. Spots for Gordon Freeman, Alyx Vance are still open. I play Barney. If you want pictures of anything up there you can e-mail me at tigerman4527@googlemail.com . I got lots of pictures. You can also email me for really anything you want to know about half-life.))

Names: Make it original.
Description: If your a metrocop theres only one description. If your a rebel describe yourself. Picture not required ((I'm flexible.))
Personality: Hell. I don't know what you're characters going to be like.
Weapons: Simple. You can have three weapons. A primary, secondary and a grenade. For weapon list go to http://planethalflife.gamespy.com/View.php?view=HL2GameInfo.Detail&id=7&game=3 NOTE: No blue gravity guns!
History: Give your character a good history. If you're a rebel, make it about how you joined the rebels and how you participated in the war and why you joined them. If you're a metrocop, make it about why you surrendered to the combine and how the rebels captured you at the end of the war. (( You know that crud. ))

Well thats about it! Have fun! Hope you like the Role Play!
TIGERMAN is AWESOME!
The greatest pleasure in life is doing the things people tell you that you can't do.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

tigerman4527
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!