Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

الدمار.Δημιουργία.重生. (D.C.R.) IC

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: الدمار.Δημιουργία.重生. (D.C.R.) IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:19 pm

Sker at up and rubbed his wrists. "Thank you very much for that" Sker looked at the woman, something about her seemed a bit off. Was she scared of him? He wasn't sure what to make of her facial expressions so he decided to focus on the task at hand. He reached over and picked up his MAR checking to see if everything was as it should be. He checked to see if any parts were missing that would cause it to not function but found nothing wrong so he checked the power supply. It was a fresh battery so he had little to worry about there, but he felt he should replace it anyways, so he reached over and pulled his pack to him.

He opened the pack and as he rummaged through it he checked the contents of it. His usual assortment of supplies that he kept in case of an emergency were there, as where his tools, and, of course, extra battery packs and ammunition. He pulled a battery out of the pack and popped the one currently inside his MAR and replaced it. He lay the discarded battery beside him.
Orly?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Anderan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paprika on Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:26 pm

Rahzh smirked to himself slightly at Pride and his insistance that he knew a way out of this place. The male doubted any explosives or weaponry would get them out... whoever was holding them was too intelligent. Leaning back to shift his weight against the wall, he observed, as did a few of the others, silently questioning just what the plan entailed. The girl managed to raise her voice high enough so that whoever was watching would, indeed, hear them. Pride responded with rage, as to be expected, but continued on with the plan nonetheless, and now the mechanical man, too, was insisting that they moved away from the door. Rahzh did not pass comment, simply shifted along the wall so that he stood just opposite the door.

The stirring of the Burka upon the floor brought Rahzh's attention away from this first escape attempt, the jet-black body being helped by the girl, whose body seemed to tremble with anxiety as she shifted closer and closer to what seemed, to her, some sort of alien form. As he thanked her, it was clear that he, too, had picked up on her fear. Then again, one would not necessarily need to be perceptive to notice her terror.

Clearing his throat slightly, Rahzh thought it best that he gave a word to Sker. He silently wondered if the onyx-skinned male would recognise him as one of his own. There had been more than one occasion in which another Burka had doubted Rahzh's ancestry. His only real telling sign was the skin over his eyes, but that was easily missed given his unkempt hair, and the amount of time he often spent in a wide-brimmed hat, or goggles. Approaching the male as he sat upon the floor, fiddling with batteries and items belonging to himself, Rahzh removed his hands from his pockets.

"You alright?" he questioned, voice devoid of all tone. It seemed an inane speech, but speech nonetheless. Rahzh knew that the group wouldn't get anywhere without communicating, and forming some sort of trust. He looked to the girl. "You okay, too? You look like you've seen a ghost."
anything.can.happen

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Paprika
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KeelieRavenWolf on Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:58 pm

"I am fine. There is nothing on my planet that can scare one such as me, much less the ghost-spirit of which you speak. I laugh at danger, Hah!" Kee'lonah straightened her back in an attempt to look feirce, though it seemed to only accentuate her diminutive size next to the tall lanky pair. "I have no fear, you see. I am the best there is to be. No creature can scare me, not even one such as this." Her eyes challenged him, daring him to say otherwise. She was happy she had wrapped her head, as was her custom, because her lips trembled on every syllable. "I can not fear. It is not in my being to do so."

She turned her back on the pair of them, head held high, and stalked towards the corner of the room, her leather shoes barely making a noise on the ground. Her walk was graceful, though she felt less than such, chiding herself for her less than respectful manner. Her fingers twitched at her sides, wishing she was back at her home. Her state in life was lower than most, for where she came from, knowing who you were was everything. But this woman, closer to child really, didn't know anything about her past, much less why she would have such an irrational, insane fear of the seemingly harmless creature she had just struggled to unbind.

Her eyes softened as she gained distance, and though she kept her back straight, she wanted to crawl into a deep hole. She could have been a bit nicer, she assumed, but she didn't want to seem soft. These were strangers, and she didn't want them to think of her as a soft, easily manipulated female. She had worked hard these past few years to gain distance from that stereotype, and amongst her neighbors, it was a shock that she hadn't been wed yet. But to her, it seemed normal, and right, though she couldn't explain why. Being a fighter was what she, somehow, knew to do, and most times it seemed like the only thing she knew how to do properly.

She shook her head at herself as she reached the wall, inhaling deep and spinning around, facing the door.
Her eyes glittered in the light, but she would not show weakness.
Last edited by KeelieRavenWolf on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KeelieRavenWolf
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackBlizzard on Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:04 pm

Laot chuckled to himself at the ideas the group was spewing from their mouths. Waving his hands in eloquent manner he punched a small code into the panel under his desk. A loud resonating boom flowed from Laots’ end to the room the groups were currently held captive. “Hiding under the visible cameras’ won’t help, I can still hear everything you say and see everything you do.”

Clearing his throat Laot spoke directly to the one holding the explosives. “Good sir I would warn you not to do that. If anything goes off in that room will just kill you all which would prove to be ever so unpleasant, but moving onto the key point of why I gathered you all here.”

Something on Laots screen flashed repeating the same sequence of some formula in a bluish tint. “Interesting it seems I might have to track down more of you but for the time being the six of you shall do.” Nodding his head to the thoughts that kept filing themselves into his head Laot smiled at the captives “I know none of you will quite believe what I have to say but it is imperative that you try to find some truth in my words.” Laying the upper most arms he had Laot leaned his head back taking a deep breath speaking in a quiet but forceful tone “I am sure you are all aware of the current standing with the three factions. We are at a fragile point in time, it must be remedied whether it take moments to centuries it shall be fixed. I gathered you all based on…well that is not important for the time being. I want you all to listen to this recording I came across not too long ago:”

1761 Year of the Silent Walker Day 0.1

My mind has been occupied to the brink of insanity over the past days. The Lords’ demands are so very taxing on ones’ body. I can still feel the burns of failure riddling my back in such a manner most would deem me as a man with no soul. The marks keep me moving, thinking and plotting to exact my revenge on such the man who took my very livelihood from my firm grasp. He wants a weapon, of course though, what else would the Lord want. Our society, our people, our culture are plunged into a war with the ones of Rebirth & the ones of Creation. The universe feels like it’s tearing, ripping at the seams of which holds our home in one piece. Shall we ever be free from this never ending slaughter…..

1764 Year of the Raging Bolt Day 1.9

….I have completed the weapon for the Lord, was it the right thing to do? Shall I be the cause of death for millions of innocent souls? Will..I…forever…to...be damned to rot in such a cell? I cannot discuss the details of the project that has taxed my mind in such ways that I am not even sure I am the same person I was so long ago…

1765 Year of the Rising Phoenix Day 0.5

It has been done…the deed…the evil deed. I want the Lord to fall, to die by his own hands.

I am merely a man, ridden into the ground by a man I am sure many of us despise and want to slowly waste away.

I leave one thing for whoever finds this recording, one simple thing.

Stay hide…., ….., strike.

Those words will keep……., allow……..new power…… take hold.

“Find a way to bring the three into one, then you shall know true piece.”

I heard these from a woman not too long ago, I fear they……..be….. destruction. But a feeling tells me they’re our salvation. I shall not be the decider of such a fate, I…..tho…. those who take the decision upon their own shoulders……..balance is key….always….key…..ke…k……. *static*

“I have an idea of who this man who did this recording is, but for now it is up to all of you to find as much as you can about this weapon. Coerce, steal, kill, be kind, flirt, do anything in order to retrieve this information. I will be joining you all at a later date once I do some searching of my own. Other than that you’re all free to go.” Reaching his hand over the button to release the captives he laughed once more remembering something “Oh yes I know who you all are so you might want to not attempt in killing me, you would not like the end result.” Hitting the button the door to the captives room hissed open letting them free to the hallways of the building.

(Ok guys do what you please in getting the information but if you think anything you post is out of the ordinary then please pm me first =) otherwise have fun and cya on Saturday!)
Last edited by BlackBlizzard on Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BlackBlizzard
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paprika on Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:32 pm

"I am fine. There is nothing on my planet that can scare one such as me, much less the ghost-spirit of which you speak. I laugh at danger, Hah! I have no fear, you see. I am the best there is to be. No creature can scare me, not even one such as this. I can not fear. It is not in my being to do so."

Rahzh raised his black eyebrow somewhat skeptically at the blazing look the young lady gave, knowing that despite her best attempts, she could not hide the quivering of her body as she straightened herself up. All he had done was ask if she was fine, and the query had been met with fire. This was a kind move for him. Usually someone with such replies were met with anger from him, but he thought better than to pick fights with women.

"Fair enough," he breathed, turning his attention once more to Sker before being interrupted by a booming voice, resonant from no discernable source.

The male flinched slightly, hand jolting to his hip, where a pistol lay in wait. His body became hunched now - not that such a change was obvious given his height - in apprehensive readiness, prepared to leap from his spot at any given threat. He remembered the blade, too, also at his hip now. He was prepared, at least, it felt so.

Rahzh rose from his position, becoming a little less defensive as he listened closely to the recording that followed the resonant, omnipresent voice. The sounds of desperation from the recorded speaker were unnerving, to say the least, the feeling of utter uncertainty increasingly audible with each passing word. The sudden blare of static startled Rahzh a little.

“I have an idea of who this man who did this recording, but for now it is up to all of you to find as much as you can about this weapon. Coerce, steal, kill, be kind, flirt, do anything in order to retrieve this information. I will be joining you all at a later date once I do some searching of my own. Other than that you’re all free to go. Oh yes I know who you all are so you might want to not attempt in killing me, you would not like the end result.”

With that, the voice faded as quickly as it came, a short clunk sounding after the odd announcement ended. This left Rahzh in an unusual state of mind. His head ran back over all that had been said in such a short space of time, his brain attempting to absorb each and every piece of information before it escaped his consciousness. Thoughts raced within him. The idea of a weapon creating such conflict within one man alone was disturbing. Just what was it capable of? Whose hands was it in? Rahzh silently prayed that it was held within his own faction, so that they would know better than to use it. Though, this was not likely, at least not within his head.

Rahzh silently wondered just why the speaker thought that the six of them would assist him, but then reconsidered, knowing that depending on the weapon, such a thing would be concern for the entire planet - perhaps even the universe. It was for this reason that he did not leave as soon as the announcement had ended. Leaning back on the wall once more, he glanced at each being in turn. He silently wondered if they were from the same faction, but thought it not the correct time to question such things. That, and they would not even tell him their names. He decided to himself quietly that perhaps it was best to assist the stranger in their investigation - at least, once he knew their motives for finding such an object. After all, this person had kidnapped them all. It would be little use helping them when all they wanted was to gain the weapon for their own benefit. Rahzh didn't like the idea of being used.

"Well," he said aloud, after his pause, "think it's worth helping them?"

Paprika
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draeg on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:05 pm

Revan watched the others during the recording. For the most part, every one was tensed up. He could almost see wheels turning in their heads, and his mind too was cranking out possible explanations and theories. He brushed them aside as silence reigned in the room.

"Well, think it's worth helping them?"

Revan turned to the speaker and sized him up. He was tall and thin, much like Revan himself. He noticed a blaster at the man's side and gave a half-grin, even though no one else could see it.

"Well," Revan responded, after another silence after the man spoke, "If this man does know who we are, and has the ability to hunt us down if we go 'rogue'... it doesn't look like we have much choice at this point. Though it might be better to discuss this in a place where he can't see and hear everything we say and do."

Draeg
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erasmus on Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:43 am

Myern, who had spent the last several hours observing the proceedings of his fellow inmates with something akin to mild amusement mixed with disdain, cackled with pleasure as the announcement ended and the doors opened.

“Keeak, this groundcrawler is stranger than all others! Strange, but still amply powerful to capture five seasoned warriors and one who dabbles with the earth.”

The fire of hunger had finally gone from the bird's eyes, but his temporary stage of insanity had not quite fled him. He did know however that He liked this manipulator. He thought they should care for his plight by witness of long dead machine? Kah, but now he turned to something none can ignore with the machine's story. If such a force requires assistance, one could but comply.

He clacked his beak together impatiently considering comments of the black-haired Burka and the Human who had released most of the bonds. Although the thought of accompanying anyone, even if they were another Loshu (which they weren't), disgusted him, he was also aware of the fragility of this arrangement. The Six-Arms did not seem unbalanced, but it was often difficult to tell, and having strangers watching his tail was not a pleasing idea. All of this uncharacteristic contemplation hurt the Bird's head, but also purged most of his volatile temper from his demeanor. He would swallow what pride he still clung to.

“Kah, one thing is certain, one will never kill a rabbit chasing the other hunters. Trust all of you I do not, but work with you? Perhaps that I may stomach. Either way, we will never find out anything if we stay bickering like nestlings over food.”

He hopped unsteadily near Revan, fixing him with a searching stare.

“I will go to discuss this, but where to?”
Last edited by Erasmus on Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Erasmus
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KeelieRavenWolf on Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:43 pm

Having heard the hiss of the door, Kee'lonah had appearred right beside it, her hand resting on the wall. She paused, turning back to the others as she contemplated her escape. She could bolt, just leave the others behind, or she could stay. The metal one, even though he looked safe enough, still seemed off, like he needed help in some manner. And the other, the one that had asked her... He was only being nice, she guessed.

She watched the group, questions in her eyes. What am I supposed to do now? How can I just, leave them here, knowing now what I do know? We have only been stuck here for a short while but I can not see leaving them to... She froze. To what? To perish in their new mission? As if they would be any better off with her around, the types of people she knew more than likely had no idea about this weapon the voice had spoken of, or the person who had left the message.

Kee'lonah decided she would search on her own, for a time at least, though if any of these temporary companions of hers decided to follow, they would have an easy time of it.As long as these people had an idea of her She shook her head, pulling on her scarf as the giant bird-creature behind her spoke. She slipped out of the room, with only the sound of displaced air to mark her passing, and drew her sword, stalking down the hallway.

KeelieRavenWolf
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draeg on Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:18 pm

“I will go to discuss this, but where to?”

"Any where but here..." Revan said and grabbed his Pulse Rifle. He shouldered it casually, keeping it pointed to the floor and headed towards the door. He had his suite give him another injection of stimulant, and felt the familiar wave of cold rush through the back of his neck, before dissipating. He stepped into the doorway, brought his rifle up and scanned the corridor ahead.

"Now..." He said, turning his head back to the others, "Whose ready to get out of here?"

Draeg
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paprika on Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:17 pm

"Well, If this man does know who we are, and has the ability to hunt us down if we go 'rogue'... it doesn't look like we have much choice at this point. Though it might be better to discuss this in a place where he can't see and hear everything we say and do."

Rahzh nodded, agreeing with the words this male spoke. It seemed logical, and with such statements, the Burka was satisfied that there was, at least, another reasonable mind around.

"Definitely," he vocalised his likewise thinking, "we'll just end up back here. And next time they might not be so kind as to leave us alive."

The Loshu was next to voice an opinion, hopping about on its seemingly unsteady legs, babbling on in backwards sentences. However, despite lacking the ability to speak in correctly formed phrases, it did seem to know what it spoke of. Rahzh simply nodded once more, however did not speak, feeling that he would simply be repeating himself. Nor did he have any idea where they would be heading off to. Although, the young girl seemed to have an idea of just where she would go. Disappearing out of the door, Rahzh eyed her as she moved, feeling a slight pang of concern. Hopefully she'd be alright by herself; the girl had given a tough impression, but the male was not so sure it was felt as strongly within her as it was on the outside. He did not follow.

"Now... who's ready to get out of here?"

"It'll be nice to get outside," Rahzh murmured, frisking his pockets quickly to ensure he had not dropped anything. "I'm ready to leave when you are... dunno where we'll be going, but right now I don't care." Taking a step out of the room, he then went on through the hallway, assuming the others might follow.

Paprika
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pride on Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:59 pm

Pride had left unnoticed by the others because their attention was elsewhere, he had taken his device with him as he cautiously walk around in the halls, searching for anything to get him out of this place and this situation.

~That man a fool if he think I will do as he say...He capture us then try to make us do what he wants just because he apologize...the world could end for all I care....~ Pride thought to himself as he clenched his fist.

He had found the exist and quickly ran out, leaving what he had heard behind him and try to find the nearest place he to rest. He not once have wonder about the recording and the so call weapon that can take million of life. He found the nearest bar and decided he needed a drink to calm him down.

"Forget it, he has the others helping him...he need know assistance from me.." He murmur under his breath as he sat down in a corner, far away from the other people in the bar.

Pride
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:37 am

Sker looked up from his MAR to see that the others had begun to leave the room. He had been caught up and he missed most of what was said but he did hear bits and pieces had an idea of what was going on. He got up and followed Rahzh out the door and quickly caught up with him. "My apologies if it seemed like I was ignoring you friend I often get caught up in my work." Sker noticed that the one called Pride was missing but thought little of it, he was sure he could take care of himself, and if he wanted to go "rouge" that was his decision, no matter how stupid it seemed at the moment.

(sorry for taking so long to post, my internet at home is out and my car had no rear wheels for the entire weekend so the library was out of the question)

Anderan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KeelieRavenWolf on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:38 pm

The girl was frusterated, having checked every unlocked door she could find along her route. The voice had said they were free to go, so that meant the door to the outside would be open for them as well, right? Well, she hadn't found a door yet that lead her outside, and this bothered her. What kind of building didn't have a door, how many possible left turns could she make before the building just stopped? Kee'lonah hadn't been in a building like this for... Well, she'd never been in a building like this. It troubled her.She hadn't run in to a single dead end, hadn't back-tracked... Kee'Lonah just could not figure out thie layout of this building. She sighed, unwinding the veil from her head and pulling her hair free as she turned around, following the way she had just come from, as the way she had been headed was obviously not the way out. She was ashamed of herself, first for her harsh words, then for her foolishness.

"Stupid child!" she scolded herself, scuffing her boot against the wall. "You could have, no, SHOULD have stayed with the rest of the captives. At least then you would be finding a way out of here, instead of wandering around, unable to find the door. You have no business calling yourself a fighter when you can not even escape the confines of your captor's quarters!"

KeelieRavenWolf
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draeg on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:33 pm

Revan stepped out into the hallway. The others had headed in one direction or another, but Revan forged off on his own. He headed down to the end of the hallway, entered the last door and then continued, moving always in the same general direction, to find the end of the winding halls. He checked his belt and made sure his demolitions pack was still there. It wasn't really his specialty, but over the years in his line of work, he picked up on how to build and operate at least basic explosives. After a few minutes of what felt like mindless wandering, he found a dead end. No doors around, no turns to make, no halls to go down, except for the one he had come from.

He took off the pack, knelt next to it and opened it. He sighed. There was only one thing in there, he had obviously not restocked in some time. A single satchel charge, useful for blowing open doors, windows or thin walls. He just hoped that these walls would prove to be thin enough, for close to the point that he could knock his way through. Just to be safe, as he set the charge on the wall and rigged a grenade to blow with it. Then he turned and kicked the demolition kit away, dodging around the corner.

It was just then that the woman reappeared around the corner. Whether she was simply wandering the halls, or attracted by the sound of the kit being flung into a wall, he didn't know. But he did know that satchel charges weren't pretty, especially hand-made ones. He slipped his Pulse Rifle onto his back, engaging the magnetic units, and lept towards her. Her eyes grew wide, and her hand flew to the hilt of her sword, but Revan was too fast.

He shoved her against a wall and hunched over, making himself into a metal shield-like bubble around her. She was about to make a sound, a scream or shout of some sort. That was when the bomb went off. It shook the floor and smoke, dust and splinters showered around them. Then it passed, the debris stopped flying and the smoke began to settle. Revan stood and once again, his body felt ready to fail him. He stumbled back from the woman, who was attempting to take in everything that had just happened.

Revan's mind began to shut down on him; he'd gone far too many days without rest, and not even stimulants could keep him running any longer. He tumbled backwards, his arms reaching out in front of him. He fell into the wall, making quite a dent in it, and slumped to the floor. The last conscious memory he had was the woman stood up straight. Then it went dark.

Draeg
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paprika on Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:01 pm

Rahzh continued to move at an ambling pace, not particularly deterred by any thoughts of danger now that the kidnapper had revealed themselves. It did not seem like they were stupid enough to attack the little group they had amassed without letting them at least attempt the task first. He sunk his hands into his roomy pockets as he walked, his boots making short clunking noises as they hit the floor, the sound resonating through the entirely empty hallways. This place seemed huge, and bare indeed, other than the doors he seemed to pass periodically. There were no signs, either, which seemed strange; it would be easy enough to get lost in such an unremarkable place, even to those who had known it for some time.

The male found it somewhat odd that he had not run into anyone yet. He had not seen, or heard another soul since he had left the room. Silently, he wondered just where they had gotten to. No-one had followed, which seemed quite strange to him. After all, the information would be difficult to gather up effectively if they were all working as single entities. It did not bother Rahzh that he would have to go off and investigate alone - he was used to such tasks - moreso that a more rounded picture would not be gathered unless they all met by some chance. Shrugging his shoulders, he continued on. After all, he was not even out of the building yet - there was still a chance they'd meet once more. If this did not come about, Murid was, indeed, a planet of small proportion.

Turning a corner, it seemed that Rahzh would not be alone for much longer.

Smoke swirled about the cold floor, emanating from a point at the end of the hallway. Arm jerking back slightly for a hand to grasp his hidden blade, Rahzh proceeded, picking up his pace a little to investigate.

However, familiar faces greeted him, and the slight panic in his chest subsided briefly. The girl from the room, along with the metallic man, who seemed to be unconscious.

"What happened?" he called out to the girl as he approached, loosening his grip on the blade, letting it drop back into his pocket. "Is he trying to blow a hole in the wall?" Looking around at the debris, it was clear he had used a bomb of some sort, perhaps a grenade.

Kneeling at the side of the male, Rahzh knocked upon the visor of the helmet to check for a response. None. He then began to fiddle about, seeing if he could remove it.

"Are you hurt?" he asked, looking back up at her. "I know this guy wasn't dumb enough to get caught in his own blast, so there must be something else up..."

Paprika
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erasmus on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:36 pm

Myern had stayed in the room for a short time, stretching his wings and once again mussing the carefully placed flight feathers for the sole purpose of correcting them. It was an exercise in thinking, a habit developed during the customary cleansing cycles of the day during his youth, the only time one was allowed to settle and think. Though he had never been much of a philosopher, this reverent moment still rewarded Myern with some semblance of peace, a scarcity it seemed at the moment. Besides, his mood brightened slightly.

He started down the hallways at a trot, his wingspan being far too enormous for the condensed space, and followed the now distant sounds of travel. He gleaned the trail he chose to follow to be that of the pair of Burka by the ever so barely sunken curve to the floor where their massive girth had rested momentarily. There was little time for dallying however, as the ear-splitting explosion of a grenade tore through the musty air. Myern's hop grew to what would have appeared to be a furious practitioner for a sack race in more comedic settings, yet there was no denying the effectiveness of the method as he soon came to the site of the pandemonium. One sharp glance at the slumped body of the metallic man and the confused demeanor of the other onlookers told him only that they had as much of a grasp on the situation as he did. So rather than dabble in pointless conversation, Myern made his way to the unconscious body, nudging him experimentally before using his powerful neck muscles to roll him onto the small cradle on the curve of his back created by his currently immobile wings. He fixed the pair of Burka with a searching gaze.

“Ask questions at the opportune moment. Only a fool ostracizes possible allies against an unknown enemy. Remember, the Six-Arms said we were free to go, thus to delay would be of no profit for him. An exit there must always be.”

This last sentence he directed at the woman who, for some reason the Loshu could not fathom, was acting for all the world as if she had just woken from another dosage of sedatives. Not that the proud bird had any concept of such uses, nor did he particularly care. He turned his attention back to the Burka.

“Lead Mountain-dwellers, I shall follow with my charge, self-appointed or no. An exit there must always be.” He repeated, half to himself.

Erasmus
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KeelieRavenWolf on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:01 pm

Kee'Lonah was staring at the metal man who had just fallen backwards. She coughed in the dust of the explosion, otherwise frozen in place. She heard the Burka-Man round the corner and stood.

"What happened? Is he trying to blow a hole in the wall? Are you hurt? I know this guy wasn't dumb enough to get caught in his own blast, so there must be something else up..."

She shook her head, somewhat violently, still coughing. She glared at the man on the floor, one hand clasped to her mouth. "I do not know what he was trying to do, I just came around the wall as you did and he pushed me, pinned me down. The explosion came and he..." She coughed again. "He stood and then fell immediately over. I think he has fallen ill, he did not seem to be feeling well earlier. The medicine we were given to knock us out during our capture seems to have affected him adversely..."

She had stopped coughing as the Bird-Creature had come into veiw, watching as all went on. Her voice had slowed and stopped, she didn't hink anyone had noticed. She reached up to her head; her covering had been touseled and her hair had been mussed, so she loosened both, allowing her scarf to trail behind her and her long hair to hang free.

KeelieRavenWolf
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paprika on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:42 pm

The Loshu had hobbled over from the swirling depths now, joining Rahzh, the girl, and the unconscious male on the ground.

“Lead Mountain-dwellers, I shall follow with my charge, self-appointed or no. An exit there must always be.”

Rahzh nodded at the bird, impressed with the level of rational speech it had given. It seemed the creature was not as crazed as previously assumed.

"Precisely," he breathed. "The guy isn't likely to bring us here then set us off with a task, without a way out of this place."

Looking to the male at the ground, Rahzh rubbed his stubbly chin, taking a few moments for contemplation. He knew very little about medicine, and did not intend to feign such knowledge. He did, however, know that some rest would do the man good; if he wandered about in that cumbersome suit all day, even the fittest of men would begin to tire easily. The girl spoke once more, replying to his earlier queries.

"I do not know what he was trying to do, I just came around the wall as you did and he pushed me, pinned me down. The explosion came and he... He stood and then fell immediately over. I think he has fallen ill, he did not seem to be feeling well earlier. The medicine we were given to knock us out during our capture seems to have affected him adversely..."

Absorbing the information, Rahzh breathed a sigh, his face curling slightly with a scowl. Seemed the metallic man had tried to blast his way out after all. A dumb idea, in his view.

"Alright," he breathed, attempting to gather his scattered thoughts. "We need to keep moving, there's bound to be a way out of here somewhere." He turned to the Loshu. "Think we should stick to one direction?"

Glancing down at the male again, he knelt, attempting to bring one of his arms up to his own shoulder, as if to support him.

"Guess I'll have to carry him out," he murmured to himself, heaving a grunt as he stood, shifting the weight of the male so that he could carry him a little easier. "You guys don't happen to know anything about medicine, do ya? I'm kinda useless if it's anything but an obvious wound."

Paprika
Member for 16 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!