Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Storm Chaser *critic*

a topic in Growth, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

New to the literary world? Just want to improve on your already strong literary background? Get tips on your language skills here.

Storm Chaser *critic*

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Ious on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:27 pm

The cloud thickens, the sky darkens.
Others go away, trying to find themselves a shelter.

But I don't.

The wind picks up speed, the thunder rages.
Others close their ears, trying to protect them from the deafening roar.

But I don't

As the first raindrop falls, people hide.
It is clear, the storm is coming.

Why would they hide?
Can't they see the beauty of the lightning, a thread of light slithering through the air?
Can't they hear the music of the thunder, a majestic symphony roaring in the sky?
Can't they feel the force of the wind, a fierce and powerful one, yet gentle and soft?
Can't they feel the touch of the rain, a cleansing drop, gift from the heavens above?

Let others hide, let them feel safe in their shelter,
until the wind blows it down, and the flood washes the remains.

Let them hide, let them pray for the storm to end,
only to have their houses struck by lightning, burned down to ashes.

But I, I see the storm as a majestic show.
A piece of art, nothing that a human can compare.
Let the lightning set my doubts on fire.
Let the thunder clear my thoughts.
Let the wind blow off my burdens.
Let the rain wash away my troubles.

Others fear the storm. They hide, they run.
They don't understand it.

But not I.

When others hide, I come out to feel the blowing winds.
When others run, I chase you like a maniac.

Now I am alone with you, inside you.
I feel this is where I belong, where I am supposed to be.
This is my calling, to be one with you.
I am, the storm chaser.

my first writing XD
please critic.
qbsuperstar03 wrote:I've been looking at that username for God knows how long, and it JUST occurred to me how to pronounce it.

It's less like "Mister Eye-ous" and more like "mysterious."

Damn, I feel stupid.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr Ious
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Storm Chaser *critic*

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FrozenMemory on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:35 pm

It was pretty cool. I liked it. You have a few grammar problems (In my opinion). You use commas too much. Like....

Can't they see the beauty of the lightning, a thread of light slithering through the air?
Can't they hear the music of the thunder, a majestic symphony roaring in the sky?
Can't they feel the force of the wind, a fierce and powerful one, yet gentle and soft?
Can't they feel the touch of the rain, a cleansing drop, gift from the heavens above?

Instead do this:

Can't they feel the touch of the rain, a cleansing drop; gift from the heavens above?

That is only my opinion. You don’t have to change it if you don't have to. Other than that I liked it ^^ Keep it up. You can only get better.
The night is dark, the path is hollow. I stand alone. I walk alone. I walk within the glass refraction of time. Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FrozenMemory
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Storm Chaser *critic*

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Ious on Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:03 am

well thanks!
English is not my first language and I always have a few grammar problems here and there when writing, not to mention my limited vocabulary.

So, thanks for the critic!

Mr Ious
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!