Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Life in a Boarding School IC

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Life in a Boarding School IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Adriac on Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:06 pm

"I'm a senior too," Brance replied and the other question was avoided when Sofie introduced herself even more. "I'm on the 4th floor, Galloway Hall..room 164. And I'll take you up on that offer." he said and then turned to Molly, "Do you want to come along along?"

She stood there nervously and then shook her head, "I need to unpack..sorry, I'll see you later Sofie," she said and walked away quickly, obviously shaken up.

"I guess it's just me and you," Brance said, facing Sofie and leading the way to the Student Center, walking alongside her.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Adriac
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DanieGirl2011 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Sofie hoped that she hadn't scared Molly away or upset her, but she genuinely looked nervous so she guessed it was this guy that had done it. He was quite handsome and she guessed to some that was intimidating, but she was used to cute guys, sometimes she was sick of cute guys. They could be so shallow, she hoped that this Brance wasn't. She had always been called beautiful but she only saw her flaws. Her hair was too curly, her nose too thin, her hips too bony. She didn't compare in beauty to her sister and mother.

As they walked across the lawn, she saw people meeting each other for the first time too, she wondered why they were all here, she wondered why he was here.

"So what brings you to WCPS? I'm here because they recruited me for acting and music, I play the violin and piano, but my parents are paying the tuition."
Love life and live without regrets

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DanieGirl2011
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Adriac on Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:56 pm

"I..have a weird history and my mom sent me here, it's kinda hard to explain," Brance said, trailing off towards the end. It was hard to say "my mom" when a mother would never do what she did. But he wasn't the type to whine and complain to somebody he had just met. He was more interested in meeting her and having a good first day.

The two of them reached the door and Brance opened it for her, and regaining his smile he spoke in an elegant tone, "After you."

Adriac
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DanieGirl2011 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:09 pm

"Thank you" she said returning his smile. "I understand the weird history part, same here, but that's for another time, another place. I'm here to leave that behind; to have a new start." She took a deep breath with that thought.

A new start, that would be nice. Making myself over into who I want to be, forgetting all of the crap that happened this year.

A new start was what she needed. She walked through the door into the air-conditioned space. She hadn't realized how hot it was outside. She walked up to the front desk.

In her best attempt at sound authoritative and no nonsense she stated, "Hi, I'm Sofie Montclair and this is Brance, I would appreciate so information about what's going on today. Is there some intinerary that we need to follow or welcoming events occuring? We're all kinda wondering around aimlessly. I'd appreciate your assistance."

She finished with that winning smile that she'd picked up from her dad, her stupid politician smile she called it. Kissing babies smile. But it worked when you needed to smooth over things or find out what you needed to know quickly. She didn't like sitting idle, that allowed her to think, she wanted something to do. The woman look up at her, seemingly surprised and handed Sofie a paper title "Optional Events." On it were various activities. "You pick" she said to Brance.

DanieGirl2011
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Adriac on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:16 pm

Brance saw another paper on the desk and lifted it up as well, it was a notice about an auditorium that would be finished in a week..it was behind the sports area. "That wasn't in the brochures," Brance said, showing Sofie the notice while he skimmed over the different things that could be done today. One in particular caught his eye,

"Jam sessions," he started, "apparently downstairs are several soundproof booths that will be free today for anyone to go in, we could play our instruments. I play the guitar," he said with a self assured smile. That was always the clincher "I play the guitar". Brance knew he was good looking, even when he was poor he had no trouble finding dates. He knew how to act, and he was into the right things to make a good first impression..and what else did you really need?

Adriac
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DanieGirl2011 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:26 pm

"Violin or piano?" she said happily, she love music almost as much as acting and she did love a guy with talent. "Those are my specialty but I play several more including guitar, trumpet, cello, and flute. I guess you could say I was a band geek and my parents wanted me to be "well rounded" so I had a lot of lessons. I can drop by my room and grab my keyboard or violin."

As she started to think about playing with this guy, she started to feel a little nervous.

What's this about, I never get nervous, I'm always in control. Sofie, chill, you are in control

She took a deep breath and smiled, she always smiled to hide her emotions. "I would love to play with you"

DanieGirl2011
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Adriac on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:30 pm

Brance saw through the smile, because he hid behind the same mask. He didn't usually play in front of girls, he just told them he could. He didn't have a good singing voice..his biggest curse, and was afraid he'd be asked to sing while he played. "Violin and guitar sound great together," he said, to prove he knew what he was talking about, "But I want you to play whatever YOU want."

Talking relieved his nerves, cooled him off, and put him back on track. He just had to tell himself that things were going well and an even more self assured smile crept up from the inside than he had worn on the outside just moments before.

Adriac
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ayabrea2 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:36 pm

"There we go. All finished" Aya said as she finished her work. "Now that's what i'm talking about." She said as she looked at the masterpiece she did to her room. She sat down in the room and then smiled. She had all the pictures of her old friends she left behind and even family pics of her family as she looked around. Those pictures were the best time of her life and she would never forget them.

"I already miss them," she whispered to herself. She shook her head with a smile and stood up. She stretched out with a small yarn after. She still didn't get the time to meet anyone new and explore the school so now was the time. She glanced at the time really quick, grabbed her purse and walked out the room.

As she opened her door, it was swarming with people. They were all in a rush going in one direction. Aya raised her eyebrow at the reaction to all these people. She came earlier, nothing was really happening, now it was if a fire started in the building and everyone is just running out. She sighed and decided, why not just follow them.
“Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music”

Favorite songs Of the Month
Alicia Keys- Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart (Rnb)
Ravex- Rock U, 1 More Night, Believe in Love, House Nation, Golden Luv, Mega rave (J-pop)
TVXQ- Mirotic (K-pop)
Owl City- Fireflies (Rock, Electro-pop)
Utada- Dirty Desire (Pop)
Boa- Eien (j-pop)
Saori@destiny- Wow War Techno (j-pop)
Erol Alkan & Boyz Noise- Death Suite (Electro)

...... until next month

Ayabrea2
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DanieGirl2011 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:57 pm

"Violin sounds good to me. Like I said before, I'm on the first floor so it won't take me long to grab it. Do you want to come with or stay here?"

She felt that this first meeting was going really well, she wondered what else they would have in common. This could be a great friendship or maybe something else. She wondered if anyone else would be downstairs playing. She'd love to sing, but she didn't feel comfortable singing with just the two of them. Plus, she didn't know what they would play and she was too nervous to sing right now any way.

"I'm glad I met you today, its nice to talk to someone in a new place."

DanieGirl2011
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Adriac on Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:11 pm

"I have to grab my gear, but I'll meet you back here in five," Brance replied. He would have to grab his guitar and put it in his case, and then grab his amp as well. It would be a stretch for him to actually make it back in five minutes.

"I'm glad I met you as well," Brance said, showing a full out smile and shifting his hair a little, it was a little habit of his when he suddenly became very happy.

Adriac
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DanieGirl2011 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:30 pm

She sauntered away until she knew she was out of his sight then she took off running. She was so excited and she couldn't help it. She blew past a gaggle of girls heading out of the dorm, they all glared at her and started whispering. She ran down the hall to her room. She paused and took a breath before she entered, she didn't want to upset Molly, she was beginning to think that the girl like Brance too.

She openned slowly.

"Molly?"

She didn't see the girl anywhere so she dashed in and grabbed her violin. After a thought, she grabbed her roll up keyboard too.

You can never be too prepared

She ran back to the Student Center but didn't see Brance. "I guess I beat him here" she said to herself.

He probably didn't run like a maniac she thought feeling foolish all of the sudden.

DanieGirl2011
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxdancewithme on Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:39 pm

Molly didnt go back to the room, instead, she walked around and came upon a building, not on the map of the campus. She went up to the door and looked at through the window. The was a paper taped, facing out. It read :
" Auditorium
MEETING TODAY!" She wasn't too interested, so she kept walking and came along a trail.
I wonder if I could pay to transport horses here for a trail ride she thought. Molly loved animals.
Molly shrugged and walked on, planning to go to the center of the campus to find someone to ask.

OoC||Can Molly meet back up with them?

xxdancewithme
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Adriac on Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:43 pm

Brance walked quickly but did not run like Sofie did. He went into the dorm, up the elevator, and unlocked his room with the id card he had been given. Opening the door and walking inside, Brance hit the lights and walked over to his guitar. He grabbed the case from behind it and quickly put the guitar inside, his picks and capo were already inside. He threw the case over his shoulder and slid the strap across his chest and then picked up his lightweight VOX guitar amp.

He turned the lights back off and shut the door behind him, locked it and headed back to the Student Center. He made it back in 7 minutes..and had no idea that Sofie had made it back so fast.

ooc: sure, does she play an instrument?

Adriac
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxdancewithme on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:03 pm

OoC||No, but she sings and dances? By the way, this will be my last post for tonight
BiC||
Molly walked back toward the student center. She saw two people from the back, both blondes. They both had instruments on their hands.
Is that Sofie and Brance? she wondered, What would they be doing with instruments? I didn't even know they played!
The fact that Molly didnt play an instrument, and they both did made her feel like the third wheel, and like she would have less in common with Brance, giving her less of a chance with him.
Even though she was still nervous, Molly walked up to the two, glad she saw them.
"Hi guys" she said, just as they began to walk away. "Nice to talk to you too" she said sarastically under her breath.
Last edited by xxdancewithme on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

xxdancewithme
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DanieGirl2011 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:03 pm

Sofie spotted Brance holding his guitar case and amp. "Over here" she shouted then blushed feeling stupid. "Your lead." She wanted Brance to lead, she didn't feel comfortable with leading to some place that she didn't know.

"That's a really nice amp, it looks pretty light. How's the sound quality?" She felt nervous as they headed down so she tried to fill the pause with pointless conversation. She knew all about this VOX amp, she had a similar make for her violin because though it was accoustic, it was capable of being electric too. She liked its electric sound, it gave her a wider range of genres to play.

DanieGirl2011
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Adriac on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:00 am

"Hey again," Brance said with a smile, not noticing Molly's sarcastic comment. "I think we can just take the elevator," he said and led the way. He pressed the down arrow and waited for it to open, and as the doors slid open he waited for the girls to go inside.

He followed them and pressed the Basement button, the doors closed and they began to descend. When the elevator dinged, the door opened and a somewhat lit hallway with rooms on either side was there. He found an empty one and said, "Looks like we're here," then opened the door for them.

Adriac
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DanieGirl2011 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:46 am

She entered the room and looked around, it was spacious compared to a traditional "practice room" that Sofie was used to, it had a short fiber carpeted floor and oak paneled wall. Inside was basic recording equipment which was a definite plus. There were also amps and mics. "If this works, maybe we could lay down a track."

Sofie's nerves were finally wearing off. She needed to show these two what she could do. She openned her case containing Roberto Regazzi violin, a present for her 16th birthday. She grabbed out her bow and started tuning.

DanieGirl2011
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxdancewithme on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:05 pm

"Wow" Molly said in amazment. The room was nice, with very updated equipment, and she was pretty sure it was sound proof. She began to walk around the room, lightly gliding her hands over the microphones. She stopped at one mic and turned it on. "Test," she said. Her voice came out loud and clear. Molly began to sing, her voice perfectly matching the pitch to the notes on Sofie's violin.

Once Molly's voice was warmed up, she looked at Sofie's violin. "Thats one pretty awesome violin. Where'd you get it?"

xxdancewithme
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Adriac on Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:22 am

Brance walked into the room and shut the door..he liked it. The amps and other equipment would be helpful to other people, but Brance would never use another amp than his VOX, or perhaps a bigger version of it.

He plugged in his amp and got the guitar out of his case. Then he pulled a pick out of his pocket and strummed each string, making minor adjustments with the tuning knobs and then getting a cable out to connect the amp to the guitar. He flipped the power switch and strummed a power chord to make sure everything sounded right.

"So what are we going to play? Yellowcard has good songs for singing, violin, and guitar."

Adriac
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxdancewithme on Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:54 pm

"Sounds good to me," Molly said. She loved Yellowcard, especially Ocean Avenue and Way Away, which she still surprisingly still knew by heart since the album came out. They really reflected how she felt about her life at the moment. "Or We Shot the Moon, but I dont know if that would be good for violin and guitar, since I dont know much about playing." We Shot the Moon happened to be her favorite band at the moment, but that could change quickly, if she found some one knew, which happened often.

OoC|| Sorry this is short, but I have to leave.

xxdancewithme
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!