Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Looking for 1x1 - Long term, literate, lots of romance

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Looking for 1x1 - Long term, literate, lots of romance

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belshazzar on Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:31 pm

I have been roleplaying on this site for yeaaaars now, cycling through a few different accounts. As of lately, I have been itching to get back to a nice long term, intimate, 1x1 roleplay. I have had ones that have gone on for years sometimes. Now, I don't expect that kind of dedication from anyone, but I would love something that I am excited about. Something I can't wait to get home to read and respond to.

I am especially craving something with a bit of romance, action, fantasy elements, or all of that rolled into one. All of these situations are rather vague, but I like to flesh them out as it goes along.

My ideal partner has these traits:

- All I am looking for is someone who can respond every so often. It does not even have to be every day, we can keep it more sparse if we are both busy.
- Okay with romance, possibly into the more adult side.
- Fairly detailed. I want to know what your character is thinking, their emotions, etc.
- Has ideas to keep the story going.

For the record, I am slightly more comfortable playing male characters, and that is what I prefer. However, I can play female if it is necessary. I often find that as the story complicates, having minor characters thrown in helps move things along.

Here are the simple ideas:

Assassin x Target
Romance/Action/Can add supernatural elements

An assassin, ideally the male character, has a target, ideally female. Obviously something goes wrong in his plans, and he spares her for some reason. Whether it is accident or infatuation, she is along for the ride now because his failed contract means that he is in danger. On the run from his organization, he begins to discover why she was such a valued target, and what they both have gotten themselves into. Romance happens along the way. We can discuss the more unknown elements of the plot and decide on some cool ideas, specifically why the contract exists for the target in the first place.

Realism (Teen x Teen)
Romance/Can add action

I had a roleplay start out with someone like this, but their responses eventually stopped coming. I would love to restart it and continue the idea. Essentially, a boy and girl were best friends in their childhood, and their parents were also quite close. As high school came, they began to drift apart. The boy moved more toward drinking, drugs, skipping classes, and even bullying at some points. The girl was a bit more quiet, withdrawn, whatever traits you imagine. Often times, he was quite cruel to her, and their relationship became one of mutual hatred. Every now and then they would be forced to see each other when their parents decided to meet up. As the summer approached, the girl ends up having to move across the country for some reason, whether that is to visit family, or something more personal. And who else would be volunteered than the boy? His parents offer his free time as the perfect opportunity for him to drive her to her destination, as they still assume him and the girl are still friends. Forced to spend time with each other on the road for weeks, their dislike eventually grows into - what did you expect - romance. We can add whatever elements we want to this, it is very open. Definitely character driven, so interesting backstories are optimal.

Vampire x Victim
Romance/Action/Supernatural/Can be modern day or medieval

I have done this idea in both modern day settings and more medieval ones. Super simple, male is the vampire, female is the victim. Very open to how we want to do this. Either the male targets her but spares her for some reason, maybe she is a feeding slave, maybe she is married off to him as royalty, etc. Very open to different interpretations. I have just been dying to play a vampire.

I will also be interested in any plots YOU have to offer that have some romance in them. I am very open to any ideas.

I am also interested in anything related to:

- Skyrim/Elder Scrolls Series
- Assassin's Creed
- Bioshock

Thanks so much. I am very excited to meet anyone that responds.

-Bel
When I was a child,
I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look, but it was gone,
I cannot put my finger on it now,
The child is grown,
The dream is gone
I have become
comfortably numb.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Belshazzar
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Author Lifegiver

Re: Looking for 1x1 - Long term, literate, lots of romance

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MilkHoney on Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:34 pm

Hi Bel~

All three prompts sound good! I'd say let's do all three, but I don't think I have the time. I'm rusty with 1x1 (it has been over a decade) but I'm ready and willing if you are.

A little bit about me: I don't think I ever leave anyone wondering what my character is thinking, unless I'm maybe trying REALLY hard to keep a plot twist a surprise. Currently in the market for a reliable partner that doesn't disappear on me for months without word or warning. Totally willing to do a rewrite if anyone calls me out on a plot hole or brainstorm solutions together for the holes we dig ourselves into; same policy if my character acts out of character (usually it is bleeding over from a movie or book I was into before writing). I really love hard-won romance. My interest fades when a slow-burn flirtation starts to become something more, but there is something about enemies finding common ground that has staying power. What's a better obstacle in the path than a wee little murder attempt?

If you are agreeable, send me a message, and we can hash out plots, characters and settings. If not, I wish you good luck and lots of fun with your future partner.

-MH

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MilkHoney
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MilkHoney on Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:05 pm

"Hey, I'm checking in with you. It has been 2 weeks since I responded to your last message. If you are caught up in school work, let me know, or if private messaging isn't working for you, we can move back to the forum. In case it is a problem with private messaging, I'll duplicate this over there.

I hope all is well."

MilkHoney
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Good evening,

I am very new here, and was skimming through here, trying to figure it all out, and came across your page. My curiosity and hope to finding a new friend, compelled me to write you.

I have been writing approximately 14 years, off and on. My last several writing companions ghosted me. Right in the middle of our story. It caused me to lose my desire, and make me feel as if I was not good enough. I am my worst enemy as far as my writing goes, which makes me extremely cautious about opening up to someone else.

Letalis de Tourvel is my oldest character, and I love her deeply. She is a vampire of French descent. I love the Victorian era, but many people do not enjoy that era, so my character can do either or in the timeline. She is an extremely sadistic, charming, elegant, narcissistic-sociopath; etc. The list could go on. I am currently redoing her history

If you are still interested in writing I am seeking a long-term. Thank you for your time. Have a good day.
Mademoiselle Letalis de Tourvel

Letalis.de.Tourvel
Member for 3 years
Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelandran on Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:48 pm

Hey there everybody.

I see a lot of interest, but it looks as if people have moved on for a few months. Letalis.de.Tourvel, if you're still around we could talk about setting something up, maybe? I've been in the same boat as you, before. I get that life happens, but it's difficult to keep any sense of consistent roleplay, if people ghost all the time.

I'd be up for just about any type of genre or interest. If you're looking for romance, I apologize for being a little rusty, but I can play the "dense" character quite well as a result. hahaha

Anyway, I just figured I'd look in the threads before posting one of my own. If you're keen, pm me! You too, MilkHoney. But it's been several months, for you. So, I'm not holding out hope lol.
A glimpse of beautiful darkness...

Aelandran
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!